IGNORED

Fulham, West Brom and Sheff U

Super

The 3 relegated from the Prem and very familiar opposition! Fulham a good away trip for us and West Brom just up the M5. Would expect those 2 to have decent seasons again at this level but reckon Sheff U might struggle again. Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Super said:

The 3 relegated from the Prem and very familiar opposition! Fulham a good away trip for us and West Brom just up the M5. Would expect those 2 to have decent seasons again at this level but reckon Sheff U might struggle again. Thoughts?

Never been to WBA and we don't fair well up there normally but wouldn't mind this one next season. 

Fulham is my favourite away ground - great location and of course we’ve had some good results there - and I also enjoyed the cup match at WBA a few years ago so hope these matches are on Saturdays and away fans are an option. 

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Never been to WBA and we don't fair well up there normally but wouldn't mind this one next season. 

The Vines - well worth a visit, street parking, and a short walk to the ground (if you like a curry with your pint).

32 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We don't normally but if we want to be a premier League side we will have to,These are the team's we need to complete with now.. Do it it's a great away ground especially if we take a good following.

15 minutes ago, Street red said:

We don't normally but if we want to be a premier League side we will have to,These are the team's we need to complete with now.. Do it it's a great away ground especially if we take a good following.

Be interesting to see the next couple of seasons the promoted teams and relegated teams. If Bournemouth win the playoffs its the same 3 that went down. If the three mentioned coming down go straight back up to then this will surely be some sort of wake up call to efl and Premier League. Losing their heads on the Super League but don't give a shite about the efl.

25 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Be interesting to see the next couple of seasons the promoted teams and relegated teams. If Bournemouth win the playoffs its the same 3 that went down. If the three mentioned coming down go straight back up to then this will surely be some sort of wake up call to efl and Premier League. Losing their heads on the Super League but don't give a shite about the efl.

It does need sorting a very much yoyo mini league the team's that get relegated get rewarded and teams that get promoted get rewarded and so it continues, Especially with these parachute payments the same teams continue season on season.

We will have to get sharp and break that cycle.. Over to you Pearson the challenge is on.

1 hour ago, Mr Chappers said:

Not convinced that there will be away fans next season.

Why? there are already going to be fans at the last two prem rounds this season and at the play offs, of course there will be fans (away) and home next season, have faith.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Why? there are already going to be fans at the last two prem rounds this season and at the play offs, of course there will be fans (away) and home next season, have faith.

When did games become rounds? 

9 hours ago, eardun said:

Fulham is my favourite away ground - great location and of course we’ve had some good results there - and I also enjoyed the cup match at WBA a few years ago so hope these matches are on Saturdays and away fans are an option. 

My first visit to Fulham in 1958, we won 4-3. Great day out.

And how about 1976 beating the Baggies 1-0. Thousands of City fans there.

13 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Never been to any of these, although I've worked in London, done a project in Sheffield and lived in Brum...FFS

Fulham nice and handy for me 

Looking forward to them

Whisper it quietly. West Bromwich is not in Brum. It's in the Black Country!

A bit like saying Bristol is in Wales. It upsets the natives.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

My first visit to Fulham in 1958, we won 4-3. Great day out.

And how about 1976 beating the Baggies 1-0. Thousands of City fans there.

OMG, just how old ARE you? I'm getting on a bit, but I was only 7 in '76, and a mere glint in my Dad's eye in '58...??

9 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

All three are great away days ?

Be interesting to see whether all three retain a core of their premier league squads....

I think Fulham will lose be all of their loan players (think it is about 8 in squad). These were the players that made them a little more competitive in the Premier League.  For me, and I know it is very early to say this, I think WBA will be the team to beat next season.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Yeah, I know...it's not quite the same as saying we're in Wales, mind. There's no bridge, fewer sheep...

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I work in Oldbury, very close to West Bromwich...they are not Brummies, and are not keen on them either.

10 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

All three are great away days ?

Be interesting to see whether all three retain a core of their premier league squads....

Sheff Utd - for some reason one of the 15 grounds I have not seen City play at - not sure why just something always seems to stop me getting there - looking forward to it this time C-19 permitting

They'll all be up there again I reckon. 

As soon as the TV money got ridiculous a few years ago in the Prem (it was ridiculous anyway, but the most recent deal) I expected this sort of thing to happen. 

That's why this season I couldn't believe Championship clubs voted for 5 subs. The quality throughout the squads of Watford/Norwich was greater than the rest. No surprise Bournemouth finished up there as well.

Archived