IGNORED

Fulham, West Brom and Sheff U

Super

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Not convinced that there will be away fans next season.

4 months to go, vaccines should be complete. They are trialing crowds at gigs now and the Gov are keen for "normality" . That last one is key. 
I think by the new season restrictions would have been lifted unless there is another spike in cases, which I hope and doubt will be the case .

31 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

OMG, just how old ARE you? I'm getting on a bit, but I was only 7 in '76, and a mere glint in my Dad's eye in '58...??

Shouldn't you be sat in the "junior " section ? ?

13 minutes ago, Markman said:

Sheff Utd - for some reason one of the 15 grounds I have not seen City play at - not sure why just something always seems to stop me getting there - looking forward to it this time C-19 permitting

It will be a new one for me too. Our coach was turned away as we got to the turnstiles for the Playoff game.

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

When did games become rounds? 

Well I could hardly have said games could I as there are more than two, all right then the last two rounds of games, each teams penultimate and ultimate games clear enough for you? (pedant).

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I think Fulham will lose be all of their loan players (think it is about 8 in squad). These were the players that made them a little more competitive in the Premier League.  For me, and I know it is very early to say this, I think WBA will be the team to beat next season.

Can't see anyone getting near WBA next season, must be nailed on for top spot.

10 hours ago, pillred said:

Why? there are already going to be fans at the last two prem rounds this season and at the play offs, of course there will be fans (away) and home next season, have faith.

A lot of mixed messaging at the moment, with Boris just saying what people want to hear. The scientists seem a bit more cautious, and I can definitely see reduced capacities with no sway fans. Quite a few clubs would welcome that I’m sure.

We shall see.

20 hours ago, Super said:

The 3 relegated from the Prem and very familiar opposition! Fulham a good away trip for us and West Brom just up the M5. Would expect those 2 to have decent seasons again at this level but reckon Sheff U might struggle again. Thoughts?

All three great away days, what’s not to like?

7 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

A lot of mixed messaging at the moment, with Boris just saying what people want to hear. The scientists seem a bit more cautious, and I can definitely see reduced capacities with no sway fans. Quite a few clubs would welcome that I’m sure.

We shall see.

Depends which scientists you listen to, the BBC seem to favour the doom and gloom merchants, the variants are a fly in the ointment but I believe we will be as near as damn it back to normality by next season. 

22 hours ago, Super said:

The 3 relegated from the Prem and very familiar opposition! 

I started going to away as well as home games in the 71-72 season, fifty years ago. Some of that season's oppos eature again next season.

Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, Luton, Middlebrough, Millwall, QPR, Preston. Looking at who's in the League 1 play offs, we also played Blackpool, Oxford & Sunderland. It shows football was cyclical as in those years since, all except PNE have been in the top division and all have been in the third.

I agree though that with the relegated Prem clubs going back up and last years promoted teams dropping back down,, a closed shop is developing.

12 hours ago, Markman said:

Sheff Utd - for some reason one of the 15 grounds I have not seen City play at - not sure why just something always seems to stop me getting there - looking forward to it this time C-19 permitting

The last time we played there, winning 3-2 with a Wiemann hat-trick was up there with one of my most favourite away days in the train!

Archived