IGNORED

Tranmere shenanigans

Unan

Apparently…

In the most recent 10 games Tranmere have scored 5 goals. Two of which were pens, one an own goal. They’re 20th in the form table and form has fallen off a cliff.

Granted, supporting City the above scoring record and form looks positively Barca-like but explains the decision somewhat - they’re looking for a bounce as clearly the team aren’t performing under Hill.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He basically admitted after the game on Saturday that he couldn't motivate the players. Bartonesque interviews where it's everyone's fault (fans included) except his.

If that is the case. Fully support Tranmere's decision. Evidently they feel they have a much higher chance of success in promotion in removing Hill now, rather than carrying on the slump of form into the play-offs

34 minutes ago, Redpool said:

If that is the case. Fully support Tranmere's decision. Evidently they feel they have a much higher chance of success in promotion in removing Hill now, rather than carrying on the slump of form into the play-offs

That's exactly it. 

Their fans seem unanimously behind the decision which tells you everything.

27 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Surely it’s his job to motivate the players? 

It's the players job to motivate themselves too. Any player that hides behind the "Manager couldn't motivate me" excuse shouldn't be a pro imo. However I would argue that the Manager has the job of maintaining motivation (i.e. don't demotivate the players by your actions) and when you compare their situation to ours, where they are doing well in the league and challenging to get out of it (therefore should be very motivated whenever they step out onto that pitch) and we were pretty much safe with weeks to go and out of contract players were either disinterested and/or not bothered about reporting themselves fit for selection, it does seem a strange one how they have gone downhill so quickly.

30 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Surely it’s his job to motivate the players? 

Yes but I feel that managers shouldn't have to all the time. If they are 'professional' they should be able to get out of bed every day and look forward to potentially playing in league one again next year earning more money! Their recent run suggests something has gone terribly wrong but maybe they have been found out?

34 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Like NP here ?

Yes! Clearly the jury is still out (and that's maybe generous!) so far. But the two situations could hardly be more different: contenders for a play off place (even an automatic place until recently), successful season, confidence high. As against miserable season with nothing to play for and half the squad out of contract!

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes but I feel that managers shouldn't have to all the time. If they are 'professional' they should be able to get out of bed every day and look forward to potentially playing in league one again next year earning more money! Their recent run suggests something has gone terribly wrong but maybe they have been found out?

Yes, fair point. But everyone's different and has different things going on and a good manager (in any profession) should always be aware when that's an issue and be able to do something about it. Just seems an odd thing to pick on if you're going to blame your players - not following my instructions, individual mistakes, lack of concentration etc I get - those are things a manager can't do a lot about.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

He basically admitted after the game on Saturday that he couldn't motivate the players. Bartonesque interviews where it's everyone's fault (fans included) except his.

My Tranmere mate that i met in prenton arms when city last played them must be a few year now reckons palios is take take take out the club ?.

6 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Could he do it on day release?! Of course not, he's on a mission to get the G*s into the Vanarama National League and past Mangotsfield FC into the Downs League.

Amended the above to make the mission more realistic and achievable.

I'm sure Bart(Simps)on can do it.

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Reading various tweets and talking to people I know, it looks very similar to how things were with us and Pulis. Their fans are delighted he's gone.

Seems to have been welcomed all round. Listening to a local reporter on the radio today , said he'd lost the dressing room. Seemed to think that players were only going through the motions to get to the playoffs but now that Keith Hill has gone expect them to play to their true potential. If they do go up it will redress last seasons issue when they were demoted on a PPG basis.

One teams loss is another's gain. Hill has a decent record which speaks for itself. 

Very bizarre how he got them to where they are and then the form falters somewhat dramatically .

Makes you wonder if the players fear for their futures and prefer the lower league comfort zone.

A huge gamble by Palios but perhaps he has measured a decision based on the lesser of the two evils.

Tranmere's drop off in form coincided with me start betting on them ?
I think it's something like 4 wins in 15. From 2 points off the top of the table at the beginning of March, they look least likely to do anything in the playoffs. I follow a few Tranmere supporters on Twitter and I've not seen a good word said about Keith Hill, or Nil as many seem to call him. 
Maybe a desperate throw of the dice, but if they aren't winning under the Boss and you're already in the Playoffs, worth a punt I'd say.

I watched the FL show last weekend and they mentioned that James Vaughan (their top scorer by far with 18 goals) has been injured for a couple of months, he returned in their last game and they were wondering if he wasn't properly fit but will be needed for the play offs anyway.

You can see his stats at the bottom here (games he played and scored in), possibly interesting for those who are into betting...

https://us.soccerway.com/players/james-vaughan/2885/

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Tranmere's drop off in form coincided with me start betting on them ?
I think it's something like 4 wins in 15. From 2 points off the top of the table at the beginning of March, they look least likely to do anything in the playoffs. I follow a few Tranmere supporters on Twitter and I've not seen a good word said about Keith Hill, or Nil as many seem to call him. 
Maybe a desperate throw of the dice, but if they aren't winning under the Boss and you're already in the Playoffs, worth a punt I'd say.

Tranmere were a decent bet both teams to score for a long period in the season. Used them most weeks in my Acca 

28 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Tranmere were a decent bet both teams to score for a long period in the season. Used them most weeks in my Acca 

Did I mention I'm a Jinx. 
I've managed to lose Acca's by Barca & Real losing at home ?

Archived