IGNORED

Potential New Head of Recruitment...

petehinton

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I can’t believe it took two journalists to write that story.

Looks like part of the story is a re-hash from when MA left. So probably one journo to write the original and one to update with the new details.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Looks like part of the story is a re-hash from when MA left. So probably one journo to write the original and one to update with the new details.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I can’t believe it took two people, Dastardly and Muttley, to write that. Looks like they’ve just recycled loads of the story three times.

Just now, MelksRed said:

It'll happen then

I was just about to say…"But multiple sources have insisted there is no truth to those reports and the 35-year-old remains happy and very much committed to his role at Aston Villa." 

It's like the managerial vote of confidence/kiss of death…:chant6ez:

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Here we go then.

Who needs Steve Walsh when you can get Rob Mackenzie!

Only joking.

Thanks to Harry for sharing, I’d read the first one before.

Decent cv!

34DC749E-133A-4892-9D3C-8670D70779C7.png

3D36AACC-6B50-4BF0-A457-5786151E5D67.png

I beat Liverpool John Moore’s Tennis Captain 6-0 6-0 in a university match.

Make of that what you will but it’s #MackenzieOut for me 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bleedin’ killjoys ???

It was fun for all of 10 minutes.

Yeah, sorry Dave. 
I’d actually heard him mentioned to me on May 4th, through someone not connected with City but it’s one of those you don’t share to keep respect with the source.  Given the Pearson link and where that news came from, I’d be absolutely certain we’ve asked about him. But it may well be a no-no. 
Likely the same with Shakespeare too. I’m certain we’ve enquired. But it’ll be a really tough sell getting either one of these 2 out of Villa. 
All roads must lead to Walsh now, surely!! Although even on that one, I understand he’s happy in the US, so maybe he might just do a bit of ‘consultancy’ for us rather than a full time position. 

If SL really wants Prem... he's got to pay the big bucks outside of FFP on the best recruitment people and scouts etc .

I've never got my head around paying millions in wages to players, yet far,far less to managers, coaches,recruitment and scouts...lucky to get mileage and a free ticket as a scout these days, let alone a wage.

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

If SL really wants Prem... he's got to pay the big bucks outside of FFP on the best recruitment people and scouts etc .

I've never got my head around paying millions in wages to players, yet far, far less to managers, coaches,recruitment and scouts...lucky to get mileage and a free ticket as a scout these days, let alone a wage.

I know! It's mind boggling, we've been saying this for years

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I've never got my head around paying millions in wages to players, yet far,far less to managers, coaches,recruitment and scouts...lucky to get mileage and a free ticket as a scout these days, let alone a wage.

Exactly right ,Sometimes it's not the players you have to spend serious money on You have to provide a quality backroom team to get the quality on the field, In training sessions,In scouting. Etc etc Think now lansdown has to invest in this, 500k on Ashton is now saved let's hope we can now use this towards getting quality in.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

What a shame , for 5 minutes I was excited. Whatever, we need this calibre of person, the Ashton recruitment set up is miles off. We also need someone yesterday, or club will be in total chaos very soon.  

Does anyone know who is preparing our transfer targets ? We only got a few months to sort the total shambles of this season just gone, and Nige without correct and qualified support is going to have a very very high risk of failure. 

Absolutely right. We cannot afford the endless selection process that took so long last year to appoint Holden. The longer this process takes the more damage is being done to our recruitment and NP's success . He cannot lead the revolution alone.

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there is already someone in place, but waiting to be announced when numptybollocks goes to Ipswich (officially).

Ashton isn’t currently ‘working’ for the City. If we have someone lined up they should be here working now.
Unless of course they are working a notice period as well. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Ashton isn’t currently ‘working’ for the City. If we have someone lined up they should be here working now.
Unless of course they are working a notice period as well. 

You would like to think that work has been done from when they knew Ashton was going. But again every day that passes worries me that Lansdown has dragged his feet in getting this crucial appointment sorted out. And this will impact on our activity in the transfer market. Really hope I am proved wrong.

Wouldn’t it be so Bristol City that, although we’ve had the advantage of having NP here for a while to assess the squad, there’s nobody here to follow up on his transfer targets and we end up missing out to our rivals.

Let’s just hope this is a new City now and they already have contingencies in place to to cover the gap left by the ‘shiny suited one’!

Archived