IGNORED

Potential New Head of Recruitment...

petehinton

53 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

You would like to think that work has been done from when they knew Ashton was going. But again every day that passes worries me that Lansdown has dragged his feet in getting this crucial appointment sorted out. And this will impact on our activity in the transfer market. Really hope I am proved wrong.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but I’m quite sure that they’ve been working on it from when they knew Ashton was going. It’s inconceivable that Ashton hands in his notice and the Lansdown’s just sit back and think, o we’ll deal with that another day.

The passage of time doesn’t necessarily mean Lansdown is dragging his feet. It’s a crucial appointment, as you say, and finding the right person, who’s available, won’t be easy. I’d rather take the time and get the right person. But you’re right, there’s a potential impact on our activity this summer, very definitely. 

People on here are getting bit ahead of themselves - justifiably to some extent remembering recent faces by the club - and an abundance of them. However having seen what is needed I don't think NP would have signed up if SL wasn't in agreement with his vision - and I for one am confident things are lined up. Strange as I have suffered decades of being let down - why do I hope these changes are going to be different? 

I would rather the club spend its money on its recruitment team and talent spotters. Great example is Kalas, rather than spend £8m and wages on one guy from Chelsea you recruit him directly from the Czech Republic.

Going back to that Leicester team Kante, Vardy, Mahrez combined cost less than what our captain cost. Go get Steve Walsh or this guy as director of recruitment. 

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

What a shame , for 5 minutes I was excited. Whatever, we need this calibre of person, the Ashton recruitment set up is miles off. We also need someone yesterday, or club will be in total chaos very soon.  

Does anyone know who is preparing our transfer targets ? We only got a few months to sort the total shambles of this season just gone, and Nige without correct and qualified support is going to have a very very high risk of failure. 

I was excited too.

I believe Nige is using the OTIB transfer sub-forum. ?

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Good point above.

He must have somebody in place.

The dithering, last season was crazy.

Its no easy job, as Billy said, we need someone in yesterday.

From what we’ve been told by Nige, he has been working on the summer from the day he started.  How he’s directing that process and who is carrying it out I don’t know, but I suspect Tinnion is involved as are the data analysts….and I suspect Nige is using all his wealth of contracts too.

I don’t believe we are waiting for an appointment.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was excited too.

I believe Nige is using the OTIB transfer sub-forum. ?

From what we’ve been told by Nige, he has been working on the summer from the day he started.  How he’s directing that process and who is carrying it out I don’t know, but I suspect Tinnion is involved as are the data analysts….and I suspect Nige is using all his wealth of contracts too.

I don’t believe we are waiting for an appointment.

Yes, NP will certainly have his own ideas as to who he wants to keep, who he will release and who he’ll be keen to bring in.

He’ll certainly have been using BT and the Data Analysts as a sounding board too, and in conversation with JL too. 

However, what we don’t have is the next step in that process.  The person who is speaking to the Agents about their clients availability. 

As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, knowing some agents who’ve previously had dealings with City, I was told that “things are very quiet at the moment”. 
So I know for a fact that we were behind the 8-ball, as they say. 
That slightly changed this week, and I know some agents who have now had or have planned meetings with City. However, those meetings have been with someone from the Analyst team (I won’t name names as that’s not fair), not with anyone with any actual form and experience of such negotiations. 

That’s still a huge worry for me. We need the person at this level to be in situ asap.  

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes, NP will certainly have his own ideas as to who he wants to keep, who he will release and who he’ll be keen to bring in.

He’ll certainly have been using BT and the Data Analysts as a sounding board too, and in conversation with JL too. 

However, what we don’t have is the next step in that process.  The person who is speaking to the Agents about their clients availability. 

As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, knowing some agents who’ve previously had dealings with City, I was told that “things are very quiet at the moment”. 
That slightly changed this week, and I know some agents who have now had or have planned meetings with City. However, those meetings have been with someone from the Analyst team (I won’t name names as that’s not fair), not with anyone with any actual form and experience of such negotiations. 

That’s still a huge worry for me. We need the person at this level to be in situ asap.  

Harry, you know much better than me how these things work... When you say a meeting takes place between an agent and the club would that be regards a specific deal or do they also meet as a sort of two-way fact find even if there are no specific players under offer?

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I would rather the club spend its money on its recruitment team and talent spotters. Great example is Kalas, rather than spend £8m and wages on one guy from Chelsea you recruit him directly from the Czech Republic.

Going back to that Leicester team Kante, Vardy, Mahrez combined cost less than what our captain cost. Go get Steve Walsh or this guy as director of recruitment. 

I agree, although

a) that’s going to be harder, post Brexit: by the time players are full internationals the Prem clubs will be looking, and

b) we did have the benefit with Kalas of having had him here loan, so the risks involved in a permanent signing were less.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That’s interesting. Am I right in thinking NP made it clear a few weeks ago that he didn’t enjoy, or really want to get involved with, the agent/contractual side of things? It feels like at the moment we have no-one there. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Would that person in the Analyst team be a mate of Jon Lansdown’s….if so, he followed my FevsFootball twitter account at the weekend after I posted some charts?

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Great point could have got both Soucek and Coufal instead of Kalas. 

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Davefevs for head of recruitment 

I’ve been approached……but Mark Ashton is taking me to Ipswich….currently sat in a car with Andy Costin. He tried to adjust my seat and I’ve only gone and tweaked my hamstring.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Harry, you know much better than me how these things work... When you say a meeting takes place between an agent and the club would that be regards a specific deal or do they also meet as a sort of two-way fact find even if there are no specific players under offer?

Could be both. 
Most likely this week would’ve been just a general chat about that particular agents players who might be available.
Unless we had a specific player in mind, these chats would mostly be talking about multiple players with that agency. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Would that person in the Analyst team be a mate of Jon Lansdown’s….if so, he followed my FevsFootball twitter account at the weekend after I posted some charts?

Messaged you separately mate. Not fair to share names on here. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Love it when you post on here. When yours is the last post, I look at the ‘football chat” page on my phone, and see “Potential new head of recruitment” with your picture right beside it ??

And by replying, you’ve just denied that experience to everyone else ?

On 12/05/2021 at 12:44, Harry said:

???

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

???

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn’t want to name names, but it seems Gregor has now cottoned on. 
Yep. Sean Gilhespy is the man currently meeting with the agents about new players. 

No further comment........, except to say, we need to fill this position double-quick. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn’t want to name names, but it seems Gregor has now cottoned on. 
Yep. Sean Gilhespy is the man currently meeting with the agents about new players. 

No further comment........, except to say, we need to fill this position double-quick. 

Now we’re sucking diesel 

19 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

If we recruit anyone before someone who has the correct skill set is appointed I fear we are in for another shambles of a transfer window. Why are we talking with anyone until the right person/people are in place?

Because if we don't act now with who we have in place at present then we are going to be miles behind on recruitment?

I don't see the club has any other option than to use who we have until appropriate appointments are in place.

Ashton has shafted the club, fans and the Lansdown's. It will take a bit of time to rebuild the club on and off the pitch and remove the sour taste from our mouth's he has left us with..

Archived