IGNORED

Semenyo

Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Palace interested apparently. Want him for £3m.

We want £5m.

Don't shoot the messenger ?

And, in anticipation of the "hahaha bite their hands off for £3m" posts, I don't necessarily disagree. However, word of caution: we all said the same regarding one Yannick Bolasie.

Am I the only person still not rating Yannick Bolasie then? I thought Palace got lucky that Everton paniced enough to splurge on him. I suppose if you get on the PL merry-go-round all the numbers start to look silly.

• Like 7

2 years left on contract.  Should we look again in Jan 2022 if things not going well maybe...unless we get an absurd offer of course.

Not that I think valuation would necessarily be unfair but I dunno- we have built up some headroom now and it would be good if we used it, only selling if a great offer.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I feel if we meet in the middle at 4, that’s good business by us. Almost a million a goal for this season. 

With the usual add ons . 
When a Prem club shows an interest it is nigh on impossible to refuse the player the chance to secure their future. 
So it looks like we’ve seen the last of AS in a City shirt. I had hoped we would benefit from a Bobby Reid style season from the lad next season. 
:dunno:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We want £5m.

And, in anticipation of the "hahaha bite their hands off for £3m" posts, I don't necessarily disagree. However, word of caution: we all said the same regarding one Yannick Bolasie.

I think both clubs are in the right ball-park, he’s in that £3-5m range imho.  Few appearance based add-ons and a sell-on and I think you have to take it.

I think there are players out there that will suit Nige’s team system better.

• Like 10

3-5 million seems very little money for a young player with so much potential.  Having to get rid of this type of player before they’d had a chance to shine, just to fund a rebuild frustrates me especially when you look at how much we’ve wasted on our scattergun approach to buying players over the past few years. 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

For a young player who cost us nothing. And whilst he has potential if we sold him to palace for 4 million I wouldn’t be to disappointed. Especially seeing the next crop of youngsters coming through. 

I kinda agree, though it would be nice to keep him for another year to give the youngsters the chance and develop further. Cant see anyway the club will turn down multi million fees this summer for anyone!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

If this deal is being negotiated, who exactly is doing the negotiating on our side? Ashton still? ?

Doris the tea lady?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

I kinda agree, though it would be nice to keep him for another year to give the youngsters the chance and develop further. Cant see anyway the club will turn down multi million fees this summer for anyone!

It is a tricky one for the club and the two posts above yours I can relate to. The lad has potential but he hasn’t started as much lately under NP. I can see him leaving and the OP has form

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We want £5m.

We didn’t ‘all’ say the same ... it amazes me how people think they can talk on behalf of every single Bristol City fan ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

If we rate him highly we should do a Peterborough. 
Tell Palace the asking price is £10m. 
If they stump it up, great. If not, he’s stays with us and potentially increases above that value. 

This.

Get the idea that books need to be balanced, but not to the detriment of a lad who would be unlikely to get a game, and in 6 or 12 months could be worth a bundle.

I'd take £3m cash and negotiate a 12 month loan back for next season included as part of the deal. Gives us cash and a player that we know has some ability. He'd likely be off next summer anyway with only 12 months left on his current contract.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

If we rate him highly we should do a Peterborough. 
Tell Palace the asking price is £10m. 
If they stump it up, great. If not, he’s stays with us and potentially increases above that value. 

Not under the current coaching set up he won't. Here's to change.
I think to a degree NP has one hand tied behind his back. The budget simply isn't there to make wholesale changes to the backing staff. Our kids seem to make good progress up to first team level  then hit a brick wall. Desperately hoping this will change.

Just now, RedEd73 said:

I'd take £3m cash and negotiate a 12 month loan back for next season included as part of the deal. Gives us cash and a player that we know has some ability. He'd likely be off next summer anyway with only 12 months left on his current contract.

Yeah, for 12 or 15 mil if he does the business whilst on 'loan' from his new club.

We would effectively sell him for peanuts, develop him further and see none of the financial benefits.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes please. Goodbye, good luck. 

Not saying he won't have a career, he's just not what we need right here, right now. 

spot on.  He's got top level potential but not really top half championship ready.  Not only would it get revenue in but it would allow 2 or 3 new signings of the right age and experience at this level.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phillythe kid said:

Not under the current coaching set up he won't. Here's to change.
I think to a degree NP has one hand tied behind his back. The budget simply isn't there to make wholesale changes to the backing staff. Our kids seem to make good progress up to first team level  then hit a brick wall. Desperately hoping this will change.

How much do you think a second tier coach earns?

I'd probably be lucky to find a competent manager for the same sort of wedge.

I rate Semenyo. He's a great athlete - quick, strong, and powerful. He's very direct and dangerous with the ball at his feet. I think he's probably better in front of goal than many would give him credit for (any attacking player would have struggled for goals in our team this season). Given his age and the amount of potential he has, £3m - £5m seems like a pretty low fee.

The big problem is that it's hard (for me at least) to know where the market is right now following COVID. What does £5m buy you right now? Is £5m this summer the equivalent of £10m in previous years? Frankly, I have no idea - but that makes it so difficult to get an understanding of what a "good fee" might be

• Like 6

5m in the summer would be worth a hell of a lot considering the lack of income and the market. Yes he could easily be worth double that in 12 months time but then that 10m isn't as useful as the 3-5m would be now. 

Long story short I am clueless as to what to do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1