IGNORED

Lidl Chocolate Brownies

Fordy62

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Never ever have I come across a subject more worthy on a thread on OTIB. 

But Lidl Chocolate Brownies are the best kept secret in the cake world. 

59p. Amazing! Find them in the fresh bakery section.

Thank me later. ? 

My nearest Lidl is 20 miles away !!!!

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Thank me later. ? 

They are dangerous. I was getting one every day when they first started as they are so damn good.

I've managed to resist for months though as my waistline couldn't take any more.

Just generally on Lidl, some of their specific products are superior to well known brand ones 

A really good example are their dark chocolate digestive biscuits, which are better than Mcvities and about a 1/3 of the price.

As far as the bakery is concerned both the toffee yumyums and pecan twists are delicious. (So my wife says :whistle:)

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just generally on Lidl, some of their specific products are superior to well known brand ones 

A really good example are their dark chocolate digestive biscuits, which are better than Mcvities and about a 1/3 of the price.

As far as the bakery is concerned both the toffee yumyums and pecan twists are delicious. (So my wife says :whistle:)

im in on yum yums,i can nail a pack in one hit 

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Will you lot just stop this nonsense. My nearest Greggs is about 500 miles away !!!

send me your address Tone,im going to greggs at the services saturday, i will happily post you a custard slice? i will put it in a poundland jiffy bag to keep it fresh for you ?

On 12/05/2021 at 13:21, Fordy62 said:

Thank me later. ? 

You should try their chocolate, the bars with Almond in. It’s full of nuts and they are wicked!

32 minutes ago, swanker said:

You should try their chocolate, the bars with Almond in. It’s full of nuts and they are wicked!

Jesus Christ - I need to just nip to a shop to get something and am now considering a trip to Lidl for this or a brownie ??

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Jesus Christ - I need to just nip to a shop to get something and am now considering a trip to Lidl for this or a brownie ??

You won’t get a brownie now I assure you!

You’ll learn young’un. They’re a morning only thing before they all sell out. 

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Greggs Custard slice are my favourite cake. They are delish!

So they went off the menu due to Covid, but are back now in some West Country establishments (Keynsham and Bath Greggs spotted).

Unfortunately my part of London (Blackheath and Lewisham Greggs) have not got them back in stock yet.

My hunt continues!

back in the nineties,i had a friend who drove a delivery van,might have been mountstevens,not sure, but every now and again hed drop off a large tray of everything that was on a cake counter at a sovereign centre cafe,some of the stuff was incredible like huge belgian buns,etc

On 12/05/2021 at 22:30, redsquirrel said:

a greggs favourite of mine are the sausage and bean pasties,and the vegetable ones too, come to think of it,i like just about all of it apart from those flaky pastry wrap things,waste of space

Absolutely disgusting.

Archived