IGNORED

Lidl Chocolate Brownies

Fordy62

On 12/05/2021 at 13:21, Fordy62 said:

Never ever have I come across a subject more worthy on a thread on OTIB. 

But Lidl Chocolate Brownies are the best kept secret in the cake world. 

59p. Amazing! Find them in the fresh bakery section.

Thank me later. ? 

Bought 

On 12/05/2021 at 18:55, Port Said Red said:

Just generally on Lidl, some of their specific products are superior to well known brand ones 

A really good example are their dark chocolate digestive biscuits, which are better than Mcvities and about a 1/3 of the price.

As far as the bakery is concerned both the toffee yumyums and pecan twists are delicious. (So my wife says :whistle:)

and bought 

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Bought 

and bought 

After conducting my experiments I can confirm the following 

1) Lidl Brownies are the greatest at just 59p

2) Lidl Tower Gate Dark Chocolate Digestives are superior to McVities at only 59p per pack

3) My experiment for the milk chocolate and almond consumption will take place later today.

Best supermarket about and the only reason I've made it through my degree. As others have said, their knock-off products wipe the floor with most brands although their fresh stuff is a bit dodgy.

14 minutes ago, Redpool said:

2) Lidl Tower Gate Dark Chocolate Digestives are superior to McVities at only 59p per pack

3) My experiment for the milk chocolate and almond consumption will take place later today.

Their fake hobnobs also destroy the competition ?

22 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Best supermarket about and the only reason I've made it through my degree. As others have said, their knock-off products wipe the floor with most brands although their fresh stuff is a bit dodgy.

Their fake hobnobs also destroy the competition ?

BRB...

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Believe me, you’ll end up eating the whole bar. Me and my Mrs favourite chocolate at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

Believe me, you’ll end up eating the whole bar. Me and my Mrs favourite chocolate at the moment. 

After further testing, the almond milk chocolate is delightful.

After eating a Lidl brownie, LIDL hazelnut chocolate filled donut, dark chocolate digestives, and a line of milk almond chocolate. I can confirm my bowels are turning quicker than lager turns to piss. 

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Superior Digestives? Superior Hob Nobs? You leave McVities alone.

Hate to sound like I work for Lidl but as someone that eats biscuits like they're going out of fashion, they're that good. My Lidl biscuit propaganda will now cease ?

On 12/05/2021 at 13:21, Fordy62 said:

Never ever have I come across a subject more worthy on a thread on OTIB. 

But Lidl Chocolate Brownies are the best kept secret in the cake world. 

59p. Amazing! Find them in the fresh bakery section.

Thank me later. ? 

My youngest says "They're the best".....

I’d not tried the brownies before, I always though they looked a bit small and went for a larger cake instead.

Had one today and it was lush, I was surprised how rich and filling it was, like having a massive chocolate from a box of chocolates.

Love the bar of almonds with chocolate too, that’s got to be good for you, surely?

On 17/05/2021 at 19:37, 054123 said:

On a slight tangent, Aldi’s version of Ice Cream Mars ( ‘Titan’ I believe ) has somehow improved the greatest ice cream treat ever.

Phenomenal.

@Redpool may need to hit the freezer section, because the Gelatelli Salted Caramel ice cream is irresistible. :) 

ice cream chocolate GIF by HuffPost

On 18/05/2021 at 20:28, ralphindevon said:

I’d not tried the brownies before, I always though they looked a bit small and went for a larger cake instead.

Had one today and it was lush, I was surprised how rich and filling it was, like having a massive chocolate from a box of chocolates.

Love the bar of almonds with chocolate too, that’s got to be good for you, surely?

i would love to try some of these things but i had a serious reaction to pecan and maple syrup tart once, simply couldnt breathe like i was choking. now i dont risk anything really nutty. i still eat things that 'may contain traces' but dont ever want to experience that again

10 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i would love to try some of these things but i had a serious reaction to pecan and maple syrup tart once, simply couldnt breathe like i was choking. now i dont risk anything really nutty. i still eat things that 'may contain traces' but dont ever want to experience that again

Not nice, you certainly wouldn’t need to ask if there’s nuts in this.

I tried some more today and the chocolate isn’t that brilliant actually but it’s so full of almonds you don’t notice.

On 18/05/2021 at 22:12, Port Said Red said:

@Redpool may need to hit the freezer section, because the Gelatelli Salted Caramel ice cream is irresistible. :) 

ice cream chocolate GIF by HuffPost

I hate to disappoint. But I'm not a fan of ice cream!

43 minutes ago, Selred said:

So turns out not only do they not do Greggs Custard Slices in London, but neither do they do Lidl Brownies at my local Lidl!! 

Regret voting for Kahn if this is the kind of London he wants. Disgusting.

bbc no GIF

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

I hate to disappoint. But I'm not a fan of ice cream!

bbc no GIF

Ah well. To be honest, of the top of my head the only thing I don't rate at LIDL is their "Snaktastic", crisps, popcorn, etc, they always taste stale to me, even when freshly purchased.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Ah well. To be honest, of the top of my head the only thing I don't rate at LIDL is their "Snaktastic", crisps, popcorn, etc, they always taste stale to me, even when freshly purchased.

And their cerial bar things - they were disgusting 

On 19/05/2021 at 20:57, redsquirrel said:

On 19/05/2021 at 20:57, redsquirrel said:

‘I don’t risk anything really nutty’??

Are you sure you’re really a squirrel? Maybe you should consider ‘transistioning’ (or whatever the term is) to become a polar bear as seal pups contain no nuts. 

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

qualiy post, i like it. ?            im 57 now and never had a problem with allergy related food problems until early 50s. all started when i ate jellybabies on a regular basis,  i dont know if it is nuts triggers it,but scared the hell out of me so dont do it anymore incase i get another reaction

Archived