IGNORED

Concourse pint glasses

Topper 123

Bit of a strange one but speaking to a mate about pints under ground , he said he’d use it more if the city used the rigid plastic glass rather than the flexy one were you waste half your drink as soon as pick it up ,any think it would benefit club 

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Bit of a strange one but speaking to a mate about pints under ground , he said he’d use it more if the city used the rigid plastic glass rather than the flexy one were you waste half your drink as soon as pick it up ,any think it would benefit club 

They have those at Somerset cricket but you do have to pay e refundable £1 deposit, which is a bit of a pain at the cricket which goes on all day but would be a huge pain at football.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

They use them at rugby in 1 & 3 pint sizes. Deposit £1 I believe but not certain as never bought alcoholic drinks.

Almost correct. One pint and Two pint sizes. Refundable £1 deposit. Great fun to watch all the kids scamper round collecting discarded empties and earning some extra pocket money. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Almost correct. One pint and Two pint sizes. Refundable £1 deposit. Great fun to watch all the kids scamper round collecting discarded empties and earning some extra pocket money. 

At the cricket at Old Trafford a couple of years ago we went to return ours as we were leaving at the end of the day and in front of us at the bar there was a girl who was no older than about 11 or 12 pocketing £25 from what she'd been round and collected.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

At the cricket at Old Trafford a couple of years ago we went to return ours as we were leaving at the end of the day and in front of us at the bar there was a girl who was no older than about 11 or 12 pocketing £25 from what she'd been round and collected.

I think at AG they only let the kids return 10 max. Still, a tenner for doing not much is a great return 

At the friendly in Germany a couple of years ago I think it was 2 euros back on the cups 

Locals actually waited for the gates to open to rush in and pick the cups up

me and the lad I was with picked up a few on the way out expecting it to be a joke and ended up pocketing about 40 euros 

36 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

At the friendly in Germany a couple of years ago I think it was 2 euros back on the cups 

Locals actually waited for the gates to open to rush in and pick the cups up

me and the lad I was with picked up a few on the way out expecting it to be a joke and ended up picking about 40 euros 

Exeter Chiefs operate a return scheme on their plastic mugs too.

They just don’t advertise the fact when you buy your 1/3 pints!

Wondered why their (I presumed) litter collectors were so enthusiastic and efficient in swiping the empties off the terrace. 

4 hours ago, Magger1 said:

And these young kids become your fans for ever down the line CLEVER 

Just like me returning my Grampy’s Natch bottles to the off licence.

ive been a lifelong fan ever since!

Archived