IGNORED

On this day in 2008. Possibly the greatest night at Ashton Gate, ever.

kmpowell

6 hours ago, kmpowell said:

IMO even better than the Hartlepool game. What a night, the buzz and atmosphere was electric for the entire game.

I still get goosebumps now when watching back Magic Daps' goal...

Greatest night? Possibly this century. But as others have said, promotion night in '76, getting to FRT final vs Hereford (goal in last minute of ET)...and what about the ManUre game in the League Cup?

6 hours ago, kmpowell said:

IMO even better than the Hartlepool game. What a night, the buzz and atmosphere was electric for the entire game.

I still get goosebumps now when watching back Magic Daps' goal...

I probably shouldn't mention that we actually lost in normal time? ?

8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Greatest night? Possibly this century. But as others have said, promotion night in '76, getting to FRT final vs Hereford (goal in last minute of ET)...and what about the ManUre game in the League Cup?

The Hereford game was absolutely mental,didn’t get home until 2 in the morning due to a lock in at a certain Shirehampton pub.Wife wasn’t very impressed though.

36 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

The Hereford game was absolutely mental,didn’t get home until 2 in the morning due to a lock in at a certain Shirehampton pub.Wife wasn’t very impressed though.

:laugh: I lost my keys celebrating the winning goal. The crowd wasn't that big, but what a racket! Can still see Nevs lining up the shot...

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Goodfellows header was the best goal for me.

Joe jordan would have been proud of that 1.

It never really got mentioned what a brilliant header that was. Especially from one of the smallest men on the pitch!

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Then we knew City were back!

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

:laugh: I lost my keys celebrating the winning goal. The crowd wasn't that big, but what a racket! Can still see Nevs lining up the shot...

Awesome night and cracking atmosphere.  Showed what you could do when the whole crowd where up for it.

Went to both legs and couldn’t see that result coming after the awful first leg loss at Hereford.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

The enclosure was absolute bedlam.?

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Hmmm, Pompey was great,BUT we knew it was coming........the other two games were shit or bust ! I still can't make up my mind which was the most emotional, atmospheric night, CP or HU .

1976 for me but Hartlepool was special I feel because we were going out with two minutes to go and then we score in 88th and 90th minutes. 

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. The only I ever that I’ve ever been on the pitch at AG. If/when City reach the PL I’ll do it again.

Lining the pitch waiting for the final whistle. 

11 years old - what a night.

Bristol City

Division one

Here we come

The flag my dad bought me outside the ground.

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

Not sure about the greatest night but I was in the Dolman against Hartlepool and it felt like the stand was physically vibrating and moving at the end, never felt anything like it in any game before or afterwards ?

I remember that experience vividly. The game, the Roberts winning goal, the noise and vibration on the Dolman Stand when the goal was scored.

Colin Sexstone was so concerned about the stand vibrating he he arranged to have structural  engineers to check out the Dolman Stand - there were no weaknesses apparently.

Archived