IGNORED

New Kits 21/22 (not City yet)

Lrrr

• The title was changed to New Kits 21/22 (not City yet)
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ours isn't far away from being released, the photos were taken last week

Is that released, as in going online for people to buy before they jet off to a green-list country on their holiday, or released so that we get 2 months to slate the design, blame JL for everything before reluctantly agreeing around Christmas time that the new shirt isn't as bad as we though?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Figured that would be the case from this:

So, if this seasons go off sale on Saturday in store that would lead me to believe we’ll release next years on Monday?

Related point/rant: This kit is obsolete now, will never be worn again. Yet we’re still asking c£35 a shirt? That’s a bit shit and doesn’t seem likely to turn the stock around…

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it still Hummel??? 

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, if this seasons go off sale on Saturday in store that would lead me to believe we’ll release next years on Monday?

Related point/rant: This kit is obsolete now, will never be worn again. Yet we’re still asking c£35 a shirt? That’s a bit shit and doesn’t seem likely to turn the stock around…

I was hoping for a discount on the shorts as well by now. 

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This kit is obsolete now, will never be worn again. Yet we’re still asking c£35 a shirt? That’s a bit shit and doesn’t seem likely to turn the stock around…

⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

This a thousand times. 

AND a shirt now is only use for one year, AND we tend to bring out 3 new ones every year. 
£50 full price. It used to be changed every couple of years, then one of the 3 kits every year. Now all 3 every year, dear game now init.

• Admin
2 hours ago, redpole said:

Is it still Hummel??? 

Don't know just know photos were taken at the ground and around random locations in Bristol last week

It was all very cloak and dagger with the clothing people were wearing to hide the kits 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I remember the days when we used to get shirts for 10/15 quid at the end of the season. Was the only way we got kits when we were younger as parents couldn’t afford £40 at the start of a season. Used to pick up training wear and stuff to wear throughout the summer too. It’s sad that the cheapest kit throughout the season is £30. Get all the young uns wearing City shirts instead of Premier League tosh. 
No idea what happens to it all now, I’d like to think it goes to charity but it may just go to the incinerator. 

10 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I remember the days when we used to get shirts for 10/15 quid at the end of the season. Was the only way we got kits when we were younger as parents couldn’t afford £40 at the start of a season. Used to pick up training wear and stuff to wear throughout the summer too. It’s sad that the cheapest kit throughout the season is £30. Get all the young uns wearing City shirts instead of Premier League tosh. 
No idea what happens to it all now, I’d like to think it goes to charity but it may just go to the incinerator. 

Agree sale prices are poor if there’s a new kit coming imminently but I guess it’s just the way these days. In City’s defence they give kids a free shirt with a season ticket which is a fantastic offer but not everyone can afford a ST - be nice if they did some schemes to give any remaining ones out to schools in the area to hand out to local kids. 

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Agree sale prices are poor if there’s a new kit coming imminently but I guess it’s just the way these days. In City’s defence they give kids a free shirt with a season ticket which is a fantastic offer but not everyone can afford a ST - be nice if they did some schemes to give any remaining ones out to schools in the area to hand out to local kids. 

If things don;t improve from the last few months they will be giving a season ticket away with every replica shirt!

When it comes to our kit I’d really like to see a return to a yellow and green away kit (although I’m definitely partial to more purple and lime too).

Since 90s revival kits are trendy I’d love a return for this bad boy (and yes, this is one from my collection, let me know if you would like to see more!)

D771CB43-DE85-424C-9A67-C506AEF0E8CC.jpeg

On 13/05/2021 at 12:24, Silvio Dante said:

I'm sure they used to sell them off for about a tenner a few years back. 

Said it once, said a thousand times. The shirt costs 2 quid to make including shipping... Often less. I know the factories. 

Charging 45 quid each season is theft.

If they charged a tenner that's still a 5 X mark up. And if they did they would sell far in excess of coefficient of the difference between 45 and 10. I for one would buy one every single season.

Nobody listens to logic these day though. Not even on here. Mostly.

?

10 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

When it comes to our kit I’d really like to see a return to a yellow and green away kit (although I’m definitely partial to more purple and lime too).

Since 90s revival kits are trendy I’d love a return for this bad boy (and yes, this is one from my collection, let me know if you would like to see more!)

D771CB43-DE85-424C-9A67-C506AEF0E8CC.jpeg

That's a funny coat hangar.

On 13/05/2021 at 12:24, Silvio Dante said:

Can you remember when they were £5 each?

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

May have missed it but will we have a new sponsor this season? I was sure I saw that betting firms were no longer allowed on shirts 

Think it may be at the end of our deal with mansionbet 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Can you remember when they were £5 each?

Seem to remember that the old Puma kits were sold off for a fiver a few years back.Probably no coincidence that I have got quite a few of them including some I got signed by the squad on the old open days.

Archived