IGNORED

New Kits 21/22 (not City yet)

Lrrr

57 minutes ago, Dredd said:

One of few Hummel shirts I’ve seen that I’m not keen on. Weird collar and the downward pointing arrows in the stripes seem a bit brand overkill. 

Hopefully just to be used on kits that have stripes 

Was hoping Southampton would go for a remake of their Denmark 86 style shirt to celebrate returning to Hummel.

But it's 20 years since their move from The Dell so this shirt is based on the one worn at the time.

I like the kit launch video. Pompey fans won't be happy!

Saw an advert for Arsenal away shirt for £30, I thought it was cheap so Google did it's trick. Seems that was last years. This years is on sale through the club, it hates back to the 71 team with the Cannon badge. We complain about our pricing !!

787630352_Screenshot2021-05-28at15_09_06.png.e099567133b3ac1bd8c544d6063f6a6e.png

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Saw an advert for Arsenal away shirt for £30, I thought it was cheap so Google did it's trick. Seems that was last years. This years is on sale through the club, it hates back to the 71 team with the Cannon badge. We complain about our pricing !!

787630352_Screenshot2021-05-28at15_09_06.png.e099567133b3ac1bd8c544d6063f6a6e.png

I agree pricing is shit but also I believe these are the "official match day shirts" which come with all the badges on the side etc. They will probably have a replica for £60 which is still to much. It's all a excessive anyway. 

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

2mt_a96i?format=jpg&name=small

Looks like it just got run over.

Anyone remember the time we got to vote for the home kit? There were Arsenal type ones, sashes, half and half etc (no quarters!).

Evening Post did a piece on it, guess it was postal/phone votes back then.

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Looks like it just got run over.

Anyone remember the time we got to vote for the home kit? There were Arsenal type ones, sashes, half and half etc (no quarters!).

Evening Post did a piece on it, guess it was postal/phone votes back then.

Was exactly my reaction first seeing it 

2 hours ago, Rebounder said:

I agree pricing is shit but also I believe these are the "official match day shirts" which come with all the badges on the side etc. They will probably have a replica for £60 which is still to much. It's all a excessive anyway. 

They do have a "cheaper" one , but £65 still seems excessive . Specially how long these shirts are used for now.
Looks like £35 for not very much IMO.

2057701233_Screenshot2021-05-28at19_53_42.png.8ea3bbb924f7a0f0bfe05f5dcafb3ad8.png

This shirt

The Arsenal 21/22 Away Shirt is a replica shirt made for supporters with a more casual fit. Inspired by the past, created for the future. A design that encapsulates our proud history and whether it’s the double of 71 or Anfield 89, it's plain to see we win in yellow. The mix of heritage and modern technology make this a shirt to be proud of both on and off the pitch. The Arsenal 21/22 Away Shirt offers a looser more relaxed fit on the body and sleeves than that of the authentic shirt. The soft fabric features AEROREADY technology that works to keep moisture away from the body, so you stay dry and comfortable. The finer details include a woven cannon and adidas logo with the unmistakable 3-Stripe tape on the shoulders with the Arsenal for Everyone slogan featured on the back collar.

2063660855_Screenshot2021-05-28at15_09_06.png.1af05f3a8b9fd201dc481ee7664545b2.png

£35 dearer

The Arsenal Adult 21/22 Authentic Away Shirt is the official match shirt worn by the players on the pitch. Inspired by the past, created for the future. A design that encapsulates our proud history and whether it’s the double of 71 or Anfield in 89, it's plain to see we win in yellow. The mix of heritage and modern technology make this a shirt to be proud of both on and off the pitch. The cannon motif and club motto are simple design details that are ingrained in our tradition and feature beautifully here. The authentic shirt includes HEAT.RDY athletic technology to maximise your performance workout. The branding has been heat-sealed to make the shirt as light as possible and the slim-fit frame offers unique wind resistance so won’t slow you down. The soft functional fabric is ultra-breathable and moisture-absorbent to help keep you dry with a longer back hem to improve movement.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

On the subject of kits and apologies if I’ve missed it but does anyone know why last seasons kit is unavailable to purchase online?

was hoping to pick up a discounted kit for someone that was all!

Discounted kit - at best I think the adult ones were £35. 

What did annoy me was that I went on last weekend to look for a kit for my lad (6 months old) and the first thing I see is an advert saying last chance to buy. 

Must have been last chance in that nano second because there weren't bugger all on the site at all!!

The online shop is crap.

Can only hope that when the shop moves in the next phase, it will be bigger, which will in turn mean that the online shop should grow as well.

You might still be able to get one in the shop if you can get there, but if like me you live 3 hours away, I'd just give up now.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Discounted kit - at best I think the adult ones were £35. 

What did annoy me was that I went on last weekend to look for a kit for my lad (6 months old) and the first thing I see is an advert saying last chance to buy. 

Must have been last chance in that nano second because there weren't bugger all on the site at all!!

The online shop is crap.

Can only hope that when the shop moves in the next phase, it will be bigger, which will in turn mean that the online shop should grow as well.

You might still be able to get one in the shop if you can get there, but if like me you live 3 hours away, I'd just give up now.

I've been moaning about the shop for ages, they really miss a trick not selling more small, impulse items. I was going up to the sister-in-Laws a while back, her other half is a big QPR supporter, while I did get a couple of things to scatter around his house, I was really disappointed in how little there was to buy. Going back to my annual moan, Xmas jumpers ! Our crest is a Robin, Robins are linked with Christmas, the club has yet to put those things together. You could buy City baubles on eBay but not at the club shop. You could get generic City jumpers, but not at the club shop. They still had the advert up for the discounted shirts until yesterday, but they went off sale on the 15th. 
It is a completely rubbish operation , I was going to put amateur but that would be unfair because I really believe you or me could do a better job. It's good they are doing collaborations , mainly with companies I've never heard of, but that's fine. But we have a new badge we could use that on loads of stuff that will still be good to sell in 2/3 years time, unlike the shirts that change EVERY year. Whether they move to a bigger shop makes no difference to stock. Have plenty of lines and rotate, as it stand there aren't the things available. Not sure what the shop manager does, not new lines obviously. It does feel like the shirts are the be all and end all, when there is so much more they could do. 

On 19/05/2021 at 10:35, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The first City shirt I ever owned was a yellow and green 'Hirerite' one, so for nostalgia if nothing else yellow shirts and green shorts for away please for a change

that was the same as me,lovely shirt

On 19/05/2021 at 10:35, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The first City shirt I ever owned was a yellow and green 'Hirerite' one, so for nostalgia if nothing else yellow shirts and green shorts for away please for a change

Great shirt. As per my avatar, it's one of my favourites in my collection...

IMG-1665.jpg

Archived