IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

"In mass" not "en mass".

Source from Nottingham Forest's ground.

Even if the players released is accurate it's a poorly written piece.

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Technically, it should be "en masse" (French, innit)

I'm pretty sure "in mass" is correct there?

It's City in a mass clear out. The players leaving en masse.

edit: Crap article either way

12 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Technically, it should be "en masse" (French, innit)

Good point.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

I'm pretty sure "in mass" is correct there?

It's City in a mass clear out. The players leaving en masse.

edit: Crap article either way

Rereading it, both ways would work, the missing "a" making me think it should be "en masse", but written as you've put it, "in a mass" fits better.

Poorly written in either case!

I think it’s probably correct.

Including Sessegnon, Gilmartin & Wollacott we have 15 either out of contract or whose loan ends.

Doubt any of those named in the article are staying & so 11 going would mean that 4 are, so Weimann, Walsh, Simpson and either Baker or Mariappa as those 4 makes a lot of sense.

39 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

One will be Weimann

the other will be either Baker, Simpson or Walsh surely 

Yep. I’m certain one would be Weimann. I’d hope Walsh was the second. Although you can’t help but feel if Walsh has signed a new deal it’s unlikely to be announced at the time of the released list... so he’s probably gone too. 

Just now, GrahamC said:

Including Sessegnon, Gilmartin & Wollacott we have 15 either out of contract or whose loan ends.

Doubt any of those named in the article are staying & so 11 going would mean that 4 are, so Weimann, Walsh, Simpson and either Baker or Mariappa as those 4 makes a lot of sense.

I’d be very happy with that. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I said ‘one will be Weimann’ as in one of the two that stay. 

I agree, it will be about 11 released.

Weimann and Lansbury are the two I expect to be offered something new

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'd be really pleased if Weimann and Walsh stayed. Pretty torn on all three of Simpson, Baker and Mariappa.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

If this is true then it's great news. 

Expect it'll be Simpson & Weimann who stay. I don't think Walsh will be here next season, wouldn't complain if he's kept on though.

I really want to see what Walsh could do but I'd understand if he felt ready for a fresh start elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

If this is true then it's great news. 

Expect it'll be Simpson & Weimann who stay. I don't think Walsh will be here next season, wouldn't complain if he's kept on though.

Would we be due compensation / fee for Walsh due to his age as long as terms are offered if he chooses to move on?

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Would we be due compensation / fee for Walsh due to his age as long as terms are offered if he chooses to move on?

I believe so, I'm not sure if it's dependant on if he's been offered a contract though. 

FWIW I was told a few weeks back he wasn't staying and was big interest from Derby, but the state that they're in I can't see that one happening. So interested to see how it goes with him. Certainly a decent player there.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plus Ryley Towler, Sam Pearson and Tommy Conway.  Although I suspect they’ve already been extended, and pending longer deals this summer we will get an update at some point.

Archived