IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

45 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Good point.

Rereading it, both ways would work, the missing "a" making me think it should be "en masse", but written as you've put it, "in a mass" fits better.

Poorly written in either case!

My particular favourite is 'una mas cerveza, for favor', when sat in a little bar I know in El Born, Barcelona!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I expect Weimann is one because Nige has talked about him for next season.

I expect the other to be Simpson. He said he brought him in to look at keeping him here next season. Last 2 starts very solid for us.

Lansbury would surprise me. He didn't start the last game and he's brought him off early like at half time.

I think Nige will want a Matty James type who is more reliable than Lansbury.

Maybe Crooks who has had a very good season for Rotherham.

Curtis Thompson hard tackler for Wycombe.

Pelly Ruddock or even Liam Kelly might be more we need than Lansbury. They all seem realistic to me.

Mowatt possibly a slightly less realistic option. But then if Barnsley don't go up then we have a chance.

Giving a player a new deal is basically like signing a player. Lansbury has a lot of quality on the ball, but is he capable of getting super fit and doing the defensive side of the game in front of our defence. Maybe but it's a gamble imo.

Surely not the Liam Kelly who used to be at AG, that many thought was pretty "Meh"? I quite liked him (not flash, but solid), but I was in a minority

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

Surely not the Liam Kelly who used to be at AG, that many thought was pretty "Meh"? I quite liked him (not flash, but solid), but I was in a minority

Yep, shite.

We have absolutely no chance of getting Mowatt, if Barnsley fail in the playoffs most of the top ten sides will be in for him.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

I believe so, I'm not sure if it's dependant on if he's been offered a contract though. 

FWIW I was told a few weeks back he wasn't staying and was big interest from Derby, but the state that they're in I can't see that one happening. So interested to see how it goes with him. Certainly a decent player there.

Pretty sure we have to offer the same wages to be due anything in compo, can remember Liam Rosenior going for nothing because he wasn't offered anything in time

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Pretty sure we have to offer the same wages to be due anything in compo, can remember Liam Rosenior going for nothing because he wasn't offered anything in time

Not quite the case, we got £55k for him though it emerged that Colin Sexstone didn’t get the contract offer to him within the deadline, we still got (pitiful) compensation.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not quite the case, we got £55k for him though it emerged that Colin Sexstone didn’t get the contract offer to him within the deadline, we still got (pitiful) compensation.

Knew it was along those lines, given he hadn't been offered anything in January or whenever Ashton went on 20man we may be making the same mistake again. How much did we pay Everton for him?

1 hour ago, redpole said:

Lansbury & Weimann offered deals 

Weimann was nailed on, judging by the comments NP made about Weimann being Pearson’s type of player. Angela I reckon has grown on him judging on team sheets and patterns of play, so I reckon whether your ITK or not, this is a good shout. 

What I want to know is to what extent Pearson wants to do something about those in contract and of those who is saleable.

Rumours about Bentley are pretty predictable. Interest in Semenyo, Janneh, Vyner, et al seems to be out there, however I’m not sure that Pearson is a fan of Palmer or Bakinson and Kalas seems to be up in the air.

Interesting summer!!

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Lansbury has a lot of quality on the ball, but is he capable of getting super fit and doing the defensive side of the game in front of our defence. Maybe but it's a gamble imo.

How about flogging Palmer and using Lansbury as an advanced creative midfielder?

(Not my preferred option, I'd flog both of them - literally)

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How about flogging Palmer and using Lansbury as an advanced creative midfielder?

(Not my preferred option, I'd flog both of them - literally)

I guess the reality is that we need to let the ones out of contract go as the ones under contract will be harder to shift. Otherwise the risk is we extend Lansbury, can't shift Palmer and have got an overloaded squad.

Personally I'd take Palmer over Lansbury. I think my major question is whether Pearson can keep him focused, motivated and confident throughout the season. I think he's a very good player and I think what gets perceived as a poor attitude is really a bit of a lack of confidence but there's still a major question of whether he'll do it week in, week out.

Everyone is saying Weimann (some say that its a done deal already announced?).

based on the other articles about alleged salaries, he is one of the very highest earners at City, and the fact of his age and the type of injury he has sustained, I think he is a very high risk retention.

I am two faced about it all though, as suggested by Gregor, I would have Alfie Mowson back in a flash (with the right contract) as he was a class act far better then any other defender we have had recently (possibly with the exception of Caulker and Webster).

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Weimann was nailed on, judging by the comments NP made about Weimann being Pearson’s type of player. Angela I reckon has grown on him judging on team sheets and patterns of play, so I reckon whether your ITK or not, this is a good shout. 

What I want to know is to what extent Pearson wants to do something about those in contract and of those who is saleable.

Rumours about Bentley are pretty predictable. Interest in Semenyo, Janneh, Vyner, et al seems to be out there, however I’m not sure that Pearson is a fan of Palmer or Bakinson and Kalas seems to be up in the air.

Interesting summer!!

I could be proved very wrong but my impression is the complete opposite re NP and Palmer. I think NP really rates him and is a big fan of his workrate. He's started pretty much all games he's been fit for since NP arrived (I'm sure Gregor mentioned he was nursing a knock to his hip for the couple of games he dropped to the bench for a few weeks back) and at least initially seemed to get the best out of him.

Again may have egg on my face in September/October but I think Kasey will be a big part of NPs plans next season and think with a full pre-season under his belt, getting fully fit, can see him putting in much improved, more consistent performances and really surprising a lot of us fans.

Just now, brady bunch said:

Everyone is saying Weimann (some say that its a done deal already announced?).

based on the other articles about alleged salaries, he is one of the very highest earners at City, and the fact of his age and the type of injury he has sustained, I think he is a very high risk retention.

I am two faced about it all though, as suggested by Gregor, I would have Alfie Mowson back in a flash (with the right contract) as he was a class act far better then any other defender we have had recently (possibly with the exception of Caulker and Webster).

Thing with Weimann is that it technically is a done deal in so far as that we just need to exercise an option to extend him for a year. Agree there are risks but think we've really missed him. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I guess the reality is that we need to let the ones out of contract go as the ones under contract will be harder to shift. Otherwise the risk is we extend Lansbury, can't shift Palmer and have got an overloaded squad.

Personally I'd take Palmer over Lansbury. I think my major question is whether Pearson can keep him focused, motivated and confident throughout the season. I think he's a very good player and I think what gets perceived as a poor attitude is really a bit of a lack of confidence but there's still a major question of whether he'll do it week in, week out.

I agree with all that 100%.

I think Palmer has top quality technique and would love him to succeed here.

But how long are we going to have to wait for him to put in a 90 minute performance, never mind 2 in a row, never mind a season's worth?

Normally I'd be prepared to wait and give him time as age is on his side. But I think with the mess we find ourselves in at the moment, what we'll need to stabilise and then start going forward again is a team  Pearson knows will give him 7/10 every week. 

27 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Knew it was along those lines, given he hadn't been offered anything in January or whenever Ashton went on 20man we may be making the same mistake again. How much did we pay Everton for him?

It was “up to £1m”, pretty certain at the time it was said to be £500k up front with the rest in add ons based on appearances, which seeing as he has made so few, I would be surprised if any of those have been reached, if true.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Palmer's work rate has improved a lot. Pearson seems to prefer him on the wing than in behind a striker

Agree with you completely Jon and I think if NP can improve his fitness/stamina to go along with that increased workrate and get us playing with some more fluidity more generally so KP has more options when on the ball (playing with more technical players like Walsh and Williams, with willing runners such as Weimann will help there I think), I really feel it could be a breakthrough year for Kasey next season.

18 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

I could be proved very wrong but my impression is the complete opposite re NP and Palmer. I think NP really rates him and is a big fan of his workrate. He's started pretty much all games he's been fit for since NP arrived (I'm sure Gregor mentioned he was nursing a knock to his hip for the couple of games he dropped to the bench for a few weeks back) and at least initially seemed to get the best out of him.

Again may have egg on my face in September/October but I think Kasey will be a big part of NPs plans next season and think with a full pre-season under his belt, getting fully fit, can see him putting in much improved, more consistent performances and really surprising a lot of us fans.

Not the way I’m reading it, but you could be right re Palmer. I certainly think he is trying to play players that came with a price tag and big wages. However he Palmer doesn’t finish a match or comes on as sub, he looks unfit, a Pearson bug bare, and has shown little flair except the occasional flash. 

With all of our in contract players someone is going to find themselves out of favor and my money is on KP.BUT I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

Let's hope that the list is produced tomorrow and hopefully the replacement/s for Ashton. If as some optimist said on here that Lansdown will have been working on this from the time that he knew Ashton was leaving then surely this should be announced soon. We never seen to show the drive and determination to in getting these matters sorted out. It always seems that way anyway. Soon we will have NP as Manager, CEO, Head of Recruitment, Head of Performance. How the hell are we going to capture the players needed when NP had no support. 

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Let's hope that the list is produced tomorrow and hopefully the replacement/s for Ashton. If as some optimist said on here that Lansdown will have been working on this from the time that he knew Ashton was leaving then surely this should be announced soon. We never seen to show the drive and determination to in getting these matters sorted out. It always seems that way anyway. Soon we will have NP as Manager, CEO, Head of Recruitment, Head of Performance. How the hell are we going to capture the players needed when NP had no support. 

It's fine. We'll just have Pearson as right back, winger and striker too...

Archived