IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

Just now, REDOXO said:

Not the way I’m reading it, but you could be right re Palmer. I certainly think he is trying to play players that came with a price tag and big wages. However he Palmer doesn’t finish a match or comes on as sub, he looks unfit, a Pearson bug bare, and has shown little flair except the occasional flash. 

With all of our in contract players someone is going to find themselves out of favor and my money is on KP.BUT I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

Yeah I think you are spot on re-fitness which is being exposed as KP is probably getting through my 'off the ball' defensive work than ever before and I'm sure he is one of many NP was calling out as not fit enough, which will be worked on in pre-season.

I suppose we do have to take a step back too and remember with the very short off season last year and and the shear number of back to back games played this season it has been coming up to 2 years since players had a proper pre-season and the next few months are such a great opportunity for players like KP to take a short break and then work really hard to get into the shape of their lives and really kick on. Like you, I really hope he takes it! 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I expect Weimann is one because Nige has talked about him for next season.

agree….for most of us the “banker” on the list.

I expect the other to be Simpson. He said he brought him in to look at keeping him here next season. Last 2 starts very solid for us.

I think so too

Lansbury would surprise me. He didn't start the last game and he's brought him off early like at half time.

played with Achilles injury.  You might argue he knows what he can do.  FWIW with a plethora of free transfers available, Lansbury wouldn’t be at the top of my list, and I think there are better options in the CM in a 442 / 4231, nor do I see him playing advanced either.  So it’s a no from me…but might be a yes from NP.  Let’s not forget he came in during a bad run, having not played.  He definitely improved with minutes, but whether that was enough is NP’s decision.

I think Nige will want a Matty James type who is more reliable than Lansbury.

Maybe Crooks who has had a very good season for Rotherham.

Curtis Thompson hard tackler for Wycombe.

Pelly Ruddock or even Liam Kelly might be more we need than Lansbury. They all seem realistic to me.

Mowatt possibly a slightly less realistic option. But then if Barnsley don't go up then we have a chance.

Just gotta wait and see haven’t we!

Giving a player a new deal is basically like signing a player. Lansbury has a lot of quality on the ball, but is he capable of getting super fit and doing the defensive side of the game in front of our defence. Maybe but it's a gamble imo.

As above, signed when there were limited options.  This summer the pond has flooded and is now a lake.  If he comes out top of the list, fine….he wouldn’t imho.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

No a different one 

No, Jon is on about the one who used to play for us, who we sent to Oldham to get Korey, and is now at Coventry.  Not the little Reading player, who was at Bath City who went to Belgium / Holland.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

My 11 would be:

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

Walsh

& last but not least Walsh.

Please go to Coventry or Sunderland poste haste (or A N Other)

But would you keep or release that lad we got from Everton Tone? ?

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I saw someone tweeted yesterday that Kasey is moving back to Bristol. If true then I guess he thinks he's not going anywhere. 

maybe the burger vans are better in brizzle? He looks like his diet is based on greasy fast food and not too many salads.... I accept its rich coming from someone like myself (glasshouses and all that), but I am not trying to draw a wage as a professional athlete, his physical conditioning and lack of puff has been disgraceful at times. In fairness to him, at times you have seen him bust a gut for us, but I think the fridge raiding is what lets him down. 

1 minute ago, brady bunch said:

maybe the burger vans are better in brizzle? He looks like his diet is based on greasy fast food and not too many salads.... I accept its rich coming from someone like myself (glasshouses and all that), but I am not trying to draw a wage as a professional athlete, his physical conditioning and lack of puff has been disgraceful at times. In fairness to him, at times you have seen him bust a gut for us, but I think the fridge raiding is what lets him down. 

????

I think there may well be a large element of clickbait in this article and they may be including some of the u23s released earlier in the month who have made first team appearances!

My guess at those 11 ‘first teamers’ leaving:

Gilmartin

Woolacott

Rowe

Hunt

Edwards

Mariappa

Adelukan

Walsh (offered contract, declined)

Paterson

Hinds

Diedhiou (offered contract, declined)

Simpson, Baker, Lansbury & Weimann to all be offered/ accept new contracts.

I just tried to access Pato’s twitter to see if there were any clues... only to find he’s blocked me. Never been blocked by anyone before. 

Guess he didn’t like my feedback that’s he’s an excellent footballer... one in ten! ?

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Isn’t wiemann technically still under contract as we have a years option ? If so then he wouldn’t be one of the two . 

They are all technically still under contract….until 30/6.

The club arranged a special train from for the out of contract players.

Here are the released players boarding at Temple Meads today. 

Help me up

.....and on their way to pastures new.

Can I get a rooftop seat?

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

The club arranged a special train from for the out of contract players.

Here are the released players boarding at Temple Meads today. 

Help me up

.....and on their way to pastures new.

Can I get a rooftop seat?

Suffolk Express?

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Well I think you're all being very harsh and I hope the author does well in his upcoming SATs.

Excuse my ignorance but is that the new O Levels?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

No, Jon is on about the one who used to play for us, who we sent to Oldham to get Korey, and is now at Coventry.  Not the little Reading player, who was at Bath City who went to Belgium / Holland.

?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I just tried to access Pato’s twitter to see if there were any clues... only to find he’s blocked me. Never been blocked by anyone before. 

Guess he didn’t like my feedback that’s he’s an excellent footballer... one in ten! ?

Definitely had a bearing on it I would say Fordy!

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Lansbury has the legs to do that role anymore. I would get rid of Palmer though. 

I saw someone tweeted yesterday that Kasey is moving back to Bristol. If true then I guess he thinks he's not going anywhere. 

More likely that having joined Swansea on what was expected to be a year long loan he & his family moved there & after his wife had the baby, rather than the upheaval of moving home they stayed put until the season was over, I guess.

Do you think police officers should be abusing people on Twitter? 

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

Do you think police officers should be abusing people on Twitter? 

Uhhhh... shall we ask the question a different way?

Should police officers be telling the truth on Twitter? Yes I’d say. The public demand it!

6 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Everyone is saying Weimann (some say that its a done deal already announced?).

based on the other articles about alleged salaries, he is one of the very highest earners at City, and the fact of his age and the type of injury he has sustained, I think he is a very high risk retention.

I am two faced about it all though, as suggested by Gregor, I would have Alfie Mowson back in a flash (with the right contract) as he was a class act far better then any other defender we have had recently (possibly with the exception of Caulker and Webster).

I worry the only way is down now for Alfie Mawson with his glass knees.

Uhhhh... shall we ask the question a different way?

Should police officers be telling the truth on Twitter? Yes I’d say. The public demand it!

Mind if you give me your Twitter handle? 
I’d like to point out that you are brilliant at catching burglars - 1 in 100. 

6 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Mind if you give me your Twitter handle? 
I’d like to point out that you are brilliant at catching burglars - 1 in 100. 

Does you posting stupid shit on here have any bearing on your job? No?

So why should some random bloke tweeting at Paterson from his private account have anything to do with him being a copper or catching a burglar?

Bizarre.

I suspect it took minimal detective work to crack the case that half our players are crap if that's what you're worried about.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Does you posting stupid shit on here have any bearing on your job? No?

So why should some random bloke tweeting at Paterson from his private account have anything to do with him being a copper or catching a burglar?

Bizarre.

I suspect it took minimal detective work to crack the case that half our players are crap if that's what you're worried about.

I’ll do the maths for you pal. 
Fordy62 is a copper. He tweeted a footballer to say he thought he was crap at football. I want to tweet fordy to say he’s crap at catching criminals. 

Archived