IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

7 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

I’ll do the maths for you pal. 
Fordy62 is a copper. He tweeted a footballer to say he thought he was crap at football. I want to tweet fordy to say he’s crap at catching criminals. 

Thanks pal. Unfortunately your logic is as bad as your maths.

Mawson or Baker? 

Maybe one, definitely not both. 

Has Mawson done both knees now? Could be the case that repairs are stronger than the originals. Possibly worth a gamble because he is Premier League quality when fully fit. He doesn't appear to suffer from minor/maginary injuries that have always meant Baker missed so many games every season. 

It's a shame that both of them appear to be made of china. Fully fit Mason & Baker would be a superb Championship combination.

6 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Fordy62 is a copper. He tweeted a footballer to say he thought he was crap at football. I want to tweet fordy to say he’s crap at catching criminals. 

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Mawson or Baker? 

Maybe one, definitely not both. 

Has Mawson done both knees now? Could be the case that repairs are stronger than the originals. Possibly worth a gamble because he is Premier League quality when fully fit. He doesn't appear to suffer from minor/maginary injuries that have always meant Baker missed so many games every season. 

It's a shame that both of them appear to be made of china. Fully fit Mason & Baker would be a superb Championship combination.

For me we need to build the team up around a solid spine that will be ever present, so to have a central defence with either Mawson or Baker at it’s heart is the wrong call, we need someone who is going to stay fit

8 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

There are some other well known OTIBrs on here who are ex Old Bill.

But you don't know that. He individually might be the absolute beans at nicking crims, it's everyone else who's bobbins. Bit like Bents in our team - one shining light.

Also, IDK how hard it is to catch burglars, having never tried, so I'm not really in a place to comment.

I DO know how hard it is to play football. Well, to play it anything other than terribly...

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

#Owned

41 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Thanks. Can’t wait. I’ll be sad to see Walsh go, but not many of the others. 

Same, not even really fussed to see Walsh go as IMO he’s not shown anything to warrant the clamouring for him to stay and play. Don’t get the impression he has much of an affinity with City either so can see him heading off without much thought.

It is weird to have a massive clear out like this and not really care isn’t it? It’s a shame as not that long ago we had a squad of quite likeable players and now it’s far from it. 

10 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Also, IDK how hard it is to catch burglars, having never tried, so I'm not really in a place to comment.

I’ve ‘caught ‘ two and I am not a member of her Majesty’s Police Force. 

One of the scum , in Australia, I trapped and held him until the force arrived .

He was a Brit and got banished from Oz , never to return. I thought it amusing that they were now sending criminals back to Old Blighty.

:yes:

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

One of the scum , in Australia, I trapped and held him until the force arrived .

He was a Brit and got banished from Oz , never to return. I thought it amusing that they were now sending criminals back to Old Blighty.

How long were you tracking them?

?

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

List out before midday. Sounds like that article is right and 11 gone. Walsh offered a deal but not signed, Weimann + 1 more (Mariappa?) have signed 

Any knowledge behind the Walsh thing Pete or just a guess. I suspect that’s right, because we’d have announced an extension by now, but I’m just clutching. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Any knowledge behind the Walsh thing Pete or just a guess. I suspect that’s right, because we’d have announced an extension by now, but I’m just clutching. 

Latest Bristol Live article mate. I’ve heard Mariappa is one of those that’s signed but dunno how much I believe it tbh, would assume Simpson/Lansbury personally 

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ned Kelly?

(not the Walsall one)

5 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

The Bristol post article has Simpson and Weimann extensions. Says that Walsh is still TBC but more likely to leave than stay. 

And that there could yet be a twist in the Simpson deal - could be 12 that go.....

Nige clearly very unimpressed with the squad assembled by Ashton! ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

The Bristol post article has Simpson and Weimann extensions. Says that Walsh is still TBC but more likely to leave than stay. 

Interesting article but no mention in it of Adelakun or Wollacott on whom we have 1 year options.

Be surprised if either remains, so Weimann, Simpson & possibly Walsh but unlikely in the latter case.

Busy summer ahead.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

The squad's going to be smaller if as the Post says he's only bringing 5 in, that's ok so long as we don't pick up injuries like we have done recently.

He may bring in 5 on contracts but may also add some season long loans 

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

To continue the tangent, what iron where you using? 

The number of people I see with a new fancy iron, and a substandard ironing board ?

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Why are we keeping Simpson? Surely better and younger RB's out there?

Because Pearson knows what he is getting, he has said for a while our mentality is weak & he sees him as part of the solution there.

I doubt he will play more than 30 games next season but he wants him in the squad.

My hunch is Vyner will be our first choice RB with Simpson the cover, if so we are definitely in the market for 2 new central defenders.

Archived