IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

so your ironing performance is still better then Patto has been for us. Fordy was being harsh at 1 in 10, I reckon over the time he has been here, it is more like 1 good game in 6, but the principle remains...

Now all i need to know is for ever 10 burglars Fordy has nicked, how many of them have been banged up? 

As for me, I planted out 10 chilli plants a few weeks ago, not a single one of them has come out yet, so a 0 in 10 performance, but as footballers are my heros and role models (:laugh:), I still want paying in full for all 10 non growing plants...

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

We have an ironing lady. She’s excellent value. I imagine she’s got one of those irons where the base is connected to the iron. 

12 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He's cheap though and we're skint

There’s no way Pearson would’ve agreed to have joined if we were ‘skint’. He will be backed, as we always do with our managers.

Simpson will be kept on as Pearson knows and trusts him ala Cotterill with Wade Elliot.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because Pearson knows what he is getting, he has said for a while our mentality is weak & he sees him as part of the solution there.

I doubt he will play more than 30 games next season but he wants him in the squad.

My hunch is Vyner will be our first choice RB with Simpson the cover, if so we are definitely in the market for 2 new central defenders.

Yep.....Nige has said that we concede too many ‘soft’ goals which to me points at the defenders. I reckon Kalas could be moving on and with Baker being so unreliable in terms of his long standing injury issues at least two CBs will be needed - question is, who? 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There’s no way Pearson would’ve agreed to have joined if we were ‘skint’. He will be backed, as we always do with our managers.

Simpson will be kept on as Pearson knows and trusts him ala Cotterill with Wade Elliot.

All clubs are broke after this pandemic, Pearson's already been quoted as saying he's going to have to be 'creative' this window, ie he's not going to have much transfer money to spend

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He's cheap though and we're skint

City are not skint. I imagine Nige will be under the same expectations as LJ and Deano - he’ll have to move players on to free up some resources to reinvest in the squad. 

That said I’m pretty sure that he’ll be backed come what may.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

All clubs are broke after this pandemic, Pearson's already been quoted as saying he's going to have to be 'creative' this window, ie he's not going to have much transfer money to spend

I do wonder what "creative" meant though, I.e. do we pay less of an initial transfer fee but with higher staged payments in the next couple of years when revenue is back to normal? We will need to spend relatively more than most this summer as our current squad will be relegated next year if not.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We have backed managers pre pandemic and when we have managed to sell other players.  We lose £16m per year with the fans attending, I am guessing it will be more like £30m loss without the fans.

The only players we have that could really get us decent money are Semenyo, Bentley and Kalas and their values will now be lower post pandemic.

I think Pearson knows the score and if he was going to wait for a club to employ him who wasnt skint then he would be waiting a long time 

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

But on the flip side, we are not going to need as much. ?

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Skint implies 0 money and on the verge of being in financial trouble, we know that's not the case.

Just because the financial landscape has shifted a bit, as if has for all clubs, doesn't necessarily mean we're "skint" - it actually might work in our favour as the market was getting ridiculously inflated and players going for fees vastly in excess of their true worth. 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We have backed managers pre pandemic and when we have managed to sell other players.  We lose £16m per year with the fans attending, I am guessing it will be more like £30m loss without the fans.

The only players we have that could really get us decent money are Semenyo, Bentley and Kalas and their values will now be lower post pandemic.

I think Pearson knows the score and if he was going to wait for a club to employ him who wasnt skint then he would be waiting a long time 

It depends on the perception of "skint" - I don't disagree that the financial landscape will alter our spending, but it's the same for all clubs so sort of cancels itself out.

"Skint" has a different inference which is my point. It implies that we in isolation have no money to play with, which isn't the case. 

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I do wonder what "creative" meant though, I.e. do we pay less of an initial transfer fee but with higher staged payments in the next couple of years when revenue is back to normal? We will need to spend relatively more than most this summer as our current squad will be relegated next year if not.

Think it means 2 things;

You might need to sell to buy or swap a player.

Secondly creative to me is about maximising resources, so as Pearson says significantly improve the availability record of those you have, more players featuring 38 times rather than 8.

40 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Weimann and Simpson I can understand keeping on. Walsh I hope somethings decided and he stays on. Would be a massive shame if he was to leave. However if he does it surely means Pearson will bring in another decent CM. Hopefully Mowatt, James or someone whose a real leader in the middle 

You understand because it’s on twitter ? Why would mowatt leave Barnsley to come here ? He’s currently at a club in the play offs . With everything going on behind the scenes I’d just be happy to stay up again next season . 

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

I agree. Extraordinary.

Two reasons - Nige knows what he’ll bring having worked with him previously and Nige also knows what influence Simpson will have both on and off the pitch.

He’s exactly what the team needs - an experienced and capable defender. We need another three or four that fit that criteria.

This summer window is going to be truly fascinating.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You understand because it’s on twitter ? Why would mowatt leave Barnsley to come here ? He’s currently at a club in the play offs . With everything going on behind the scenes I’d just be happy to stay up again next season . 

Agree, it is insanity.

People suggesting Mowatt will join are deluded, if Barnsley don’t go up every side in the top ten, plus probably 2 of the relegated sides will be interested in him.

47 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Weimann and Simpson I can understand keeping on. Walsh I hope somethings decided and he stays on. Would be a massive shame if he was to leave. However if he does it surely means Pearson will bring in another decent CM. Hopefully Mowatt, James or someone whose a real leader in the middle 

If it is Weimann and Simpson (Walsh offered too) then I will get where NP is focussing his summer…..so hoping this is the case.

18 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

A few have replied already….but I wonder whether NP has contacts in different markets, e.g. Belgium.

The first name I'll be looking for is Walsh - the only one on the list I'm really bothered about keeping.

It's clear Nige rates him and would prefer him to stay or negotiations would not have been continuing yesterday.

Hopefully they managed to come to an agreement.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. That’d be an interesting department though. 

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

Bastard parking stewards!

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

Murrderr !

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Is it Andy Rolls’ police physiotherapist department?

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The first name I'll be looking for is Walsh - the only one on the list I'm really bothered about keeping.

It's clear Nige rates him and would prefer him to stay or negotiations would not have been continuing yesterday.

According to this his future is ‘up in the air’ https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristol-city-transfer-round-up-departing-players-revealed-liam-walsh-update-robins-offered-striker/

48 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

To continue the tangent, what iron where you using? 

The number of people I see with a new fancy iron, and a substandard ironing board ?

Now you're talking. I don't think I've ever had a decent ironing board. With most items you can buy a budget option or splash out on an expensive decent one. I don't think I've ever seen an upmarket ironing board. What should I look for? Do tell.

Not read the post article (the ads make it impossible on my phone)

I don’t think we are skint, football at this level is having a reset, wages will come down and squads will get smaller...pretty much everyone out of contract will be released by all clubs and then the better players from the big pool of unemployed will be picked up for free and on lower wages...not a bad thing imo

also, we are lucky to now have an experienced, intelligent, highly regarded and well connected manager...i suspect we will attract a calibre of players this summer we wouldn’t have had a chance with last summer and we will get players with the right mix of ability and attitude

finally, I do not believe NP has been sat around waiting to see who’ll be available...in the same way that we on here have had a fair idea of who’d be off Nige would have more info, he’ll have been in talks I’m sure, we may even have a few free agents already signed up

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I have this horrible thought that he doesn't sign for us and then Ashton signs him at Ipswich. Hopefully this is just my paranoid mind and we get some good news about Walsh today.

Archived