IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have this horrible thought that he doesn't sign for us and then Ashton signs him at Ipswich. Hopefully this is just my paranoid mind and we get some good news about Walsh today.

Better that than Coventry or Derby though.

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have this horrible thought that he doesn't sign for us and then Ashton signs him at Ipswich. Hopefully this is just my paranoid mind and we get some good news about Walsh today.

I would be ridiculously surprised if he dropped down to league 1 - will have lot's of championship clubs sniffing I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

I suspect if he has any grievance against City then a big part of it will be with the medical team.

And given that they're all jumping ship to Ipswich....

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Based on what exactly?

That pass against Rotherham that found a team mate, I expect.

8 starts at Championship level in 3 years, two injuries this season, another long term one in 2018.

At least if he does go today this delusion that he is Lionel Messi will finally end.

Just now, frenchred said:

Based on what exactly?

Only 12 months ago he was being lauded as one of the best centre mids in league 1, excelling in a promoted Cov team that played good football. He's only 23 now so still plenty of time to develop further and will be able to be picked up pretty cheaply (even if some compensation has to be paid if we've offered him a new deal). 

He's a good season in the championship away from being 5/6+million pound midfielder imo. I can see lot's of championship teams willing to take a punt on him taking all that into account.....

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Mariappa staying on as a right back I'd be happy with. Looked pretty quick still in his last game. Solid when at right back at this level imo

Is this a joke? Have I missed something. Has looked a complete liability there, although improved when moved centrally.

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

So 35, 34 year old defenders to be re signed... not screaming 'quality'.  screams something else though ?

yeah, but in 14/15 oldies like Wade Elliot and Wilbs did the business for us, so it's OK to have a couple - our squad will be very young once the OOC lot leave

Released
Hakeeb Adelakun
Nathan Baker
Famara Diédhiou
Rene Gilmartin
Jack Hunt
Henri Lansbury
Adrian Mariappa
Jamie Paterson
Tommy Rowe
Liam Walsh
Marley Watkins

Returns to parent club at end of loan
Steven Sessegnon

Contract discussions ongoing
Danny Simpson
Andreas Weimann

Under contract in 2021/22

Players Over-24

Dan Bentley
Robbie Cundy
Tomas Kalas
Chris Martin
Taylor Moore
Ádám Nagy
Callum O’Dowda
Max O’Leary
Kasey Palmer
Zak Vyner
Nahki Wells
Joe Williams
Jojo Wollacott

Players Under-24
Khari Allen
Tyreeq Bakinson
Sam Bell
Ayman Benarous
Louis Britton
William Buse
Tommy Conway
Jay Dasilva
Owura Edwards
Marlee Francois
Prince Henry
Saikou Janneh
Joe Low
Han-Noah Massengo
James Morton
George Nurse
Josh Owers
Sam Pearson
Joe Porton
Cameron Pring
Alex Scott
Antoine Semenyo
Barney Soady
James Taylor
Ryley Towler
Harvey Wiles-Richards
Nathaniel Williams
Callum Wood

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You understand because it’s on twitter ? Why would mowatt leave Barnsley to come here ? He’s currently at a club in the play offs . With everything going on behind the scenes I’d just be happy to stay up again next season . 

It was a suggestion. Just think if we’re really serious he could be an option to consider. We could probably offer him more wages if they didn’t go up

26 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Disappointing. I really don't get the logic re-Walsh

In NP we trust though.....

To be honest, I believe Walsh may have already decided he wasn’t going to sign during the season. Not a lot NP could do

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Absolute disgrace that Walsh is gone. Will be picked up by another Championship club without a doubt.

But we have no clue what his wage demands were for a player that has not played for us this year. I prefer to trust NP knows more about if he was worth keeping than you.

Don't blame the club without completely knowing what's gone on there. It isn't as straight forward as simply releasing some. Some might've refused terms offered.

Mentioned earlier on in the thread but I heard previously that Liam Walsh was offered terms and didn't accept.

Walsh quite clearly never intended in staying, from Liverpool & ex-Everton so probably has a bit of a “super” agent who has filled his head somewhere along the lines. As talented as he may be, i can’t see him going further than the championship, especially with his “injury” record.

Archived