IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

We’re keeping Weimann that’s the main thing but as others have said the Walsh one does surprise me a little but who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Would have tried to keep Pato as well but I can’t say i’m disappointed the others are leaving the club. 

Expect Walsh is player's choice, can't see Pearson not wanting him to stay on after commenting how impressed he was by his game intelligence. Is there anything to so though that Walsh couldn't sign on before end of June? I know there's a contract talks ongoing section but could be Walsh has just said his intention is to leave atm?

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Great to see the clearout beginning.

Don’t disagree with any. 

Walsh not done enough for a contract imo, constantly injured and much better players out there for us to get.

Same, not fully sure why Walsh has been labelled the next big thing by some on here.

Done nothing apart from being injured in 3 and a half years at the club, had 1 decent loan spell in League 1 & people act like he is gonna be huge. Highly doubt he was any better than Luke Freeman in League 1 & i remember a lot of people being delighted when we shifted him on to QPR

Bit gutted Walsh has gone, but hey ho - the clear out is in full swing! Lots of work to do. I didn't enjoy reading that squad list! Here's hoping we know what we want and get it done in good time. Don't want to have our pants pulled down by agents who know we need bodies and it'd be great to get a good pre season in so the new bodies can bed in. 

Well, if that’s what required to change the Club’s DNA then so be it. 

Ashton came in and destroyed Cotts DNA legacy - which just needed tweaking. Think it’s a root and branch to deal with Aston’s legacy. So it’s an ‘ok’ with me, but four years and £millions wasted there to effectively go backwards on the pitch. 

Would be feeling a bit more at ease if we announce a wise and experienced head scout is joining us with a decent scouting network today. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

We’re keeping Weimann that’s the main thing but as others have said the Walsh one does surprise me a little but who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Would have tried to keep Pato as well but I can’t say i’m disappointed the others are leaving the club. 

He hasn't signed yet.

Walsh, Diedhiou offered contracts. Did not want to sign, so bye and thanks.

All the others would be expected.  Over 24s 13 players, with 3 goalkeeper's. under 24 some great prospects.

With 11 plus Sessegnon going big wages savings. I would expect Nigel to go after 6 over 24,s.

So this week players going from the mens and ladies teams plus backroom staff. I can wait to see who will be coming in over the summer months. COYRs.

Really pleased with that. Love how open the club are being as well regarding Simpson and Weimann talks ongoing, they easily could've just not mentioned them. Going to be strange when Fam, Bakes and a few others are at other clubs but we need a refresher. Another step of the big summer complete. COYR.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

This is massively exciting. The wage budget free up on those lot going is massive. No wonder Nige said he was really exciting. 

Yes, thats what im thinking!! Some were obvious but others we have been speculating for months about who might stay... seeing baker walsh and fam on the list draws a line under this season now....

Re walsh, he is 6 years older than alex scott, the room for improvement in Scott is massive, id rather he gets that place in the squad rather than someone who has contributed practically nothing over the last 3 years.

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This is massively exciting. The wage budget free up on those lot going is massive. No wonder Nige said he was really exciting. 

I think this is a false dawn to be honest. 

Whole it's free up some wages, we have to keep in mind how much we were already overspending under the tail end of LJs tenure and this season. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do people still think we only need 5 or 6 new players through the door then????

I said 8 minimum weeks ago and I'm sticking with that.

I think we need 10 personally. The squad is very thin now, and that's including 3 keepers and not even taking into account Bentley/Semenyo could still go.

Has anyone got the info to hand on how much in transfer fees spent has just walked out of the door, without us managing to get them contracted so we could at least recoup a transfer fee for them?

I would be interested to see how many lost millions went into investing in players that have led us to 19th in the Championship.

When I have got my head around that figure then we can start to talk about recruitment policy and the management of players when they are employees at this club.

As for Liam Walsh, this is a player that personifies everything that is wrong with this club over his time here. Signed for a 7 figure fee, deemed not good enough, sent on loan and was player of the year for a promoted side, injured on his return with no apparent ability to rehabilitate him.

Absolute shambles. Can’t blame the kid for walking away. Lots on here saying he is not worth the hype, my view is that he is a proper footballer and will thrive and shine at this level in a proper club that has not been a run like a vanity project and a circus for years.

Everyone getting hung up on Walsh cos he had one good season in League 1. He’s done nothing in this league yet.

It was clear he didn’t wanna be here after he liked City’s Instagram post of the 3-1 defeat to Brentford.

See ya.

1 minute ago, Nick Wilde said:

Obviously we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes if any of these players were offered anything etc but am I the only one who would of liked to have seen Tommy Rowe offered another couple of years? versatile squad player 

I would’ve agreed in January. The second half of this season he’s looked absolutely shot.

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Think he will be handy to keep around, even if its just for another season, we did miss his energy this season, whether or not he would of contributed much to the final standings.

Said loads of times now, but he's so underrated. A goal or assist in every (less than) 3 games since he's been here. How we needed that this season.

Archived