IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do people still think we only need 5 or 6 new players through the door then????

I said 8 minimum weeks ago and I'm sticking with that.

I agree. I would fully expect to see the following positions filled:

1 - Starting Right Back

2 - Starting Centre Back

3 - Back up Centre Back (Baker replacement)

4 - Back up Left Back (Rowe replacement)

5 - Starting Centre Mid 

6 - Squad rotation Centre Mid (Walsh replacement)

7 - Winger

8 - Striker (possibly 2 - would like a target man and a quick striker). 

That's before even considering replacements if the likes of Bentley, Semenyo or Massengo were to depart. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I agree. I would fully expect to see the following positions filled:

1 - Starting Right Back

2 - Starting Centre Back

3 - Back up Centre Back (Baker replacement)

4 - Back up Left Back (Rowe replacement)

5 - Starting Centre Mid 

6 - Squad rotation Centre Mid (Walsh replacement)

7 - Winger

8 - Striker (possibly 2 - would like a target man and a quick striker). 

That's before even considering replacements if the likes of Bentley, Semenyo or Massengo were to depart. 

I think some of those positions will be filled from the current squad.

Vyner and Simpson to be the two right backs

Pring back up left back

I think 6 players in will be about right with the youth filling deeper squad gaps if injuries continue 

One observation which hits home just how things have changed in the last three years.

With Pato and Baker moving on, this means that all of the players who got on the pitch in the Man Utd game are now no longer at the club. Zak Vyner was on the bench (not that counts for much as so was Arnie Garita) but didn’t get on the pitch.

Think of that launchpad we had. And then think how we wasted it.

21 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

you hit the nail on the head. its about time we got rid of the crap. those of us old doods on here will know we have experienced promises and failurers since our glory days in the late 70s. 

to all those that have posted these players need to stay or these that need to go well i appreciate this but guys come on we now have a new boss at the club.

I do not have many feelings down below any more but the ones I do have are promotion next season.

if the new gov wants to clear out what he thinks is crap then lets support him and get behind the great club of BCFC.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Richard Gould? Bobby’s son? Educated in Bristol?

commercial director at AG 2001-2005?

The 51-year-old will arrive at Ashton Gate in mid-June and City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Richard has the right skills and qualities we need. He has a sport, military and business background, as well as a strong local connection, and we have no doubt that he is the right person to lead this club forward.”

Looks like our planned assault on Europe is serious this time

Having just sat through (on the sofa) one of the worst seasons I can remember where we got outplayed week in, week out I’m not sorry to see any of them **** off tbh. What players did 2 years ago compared to their performance of the last 12 months has no bearing to me.

Some people who wanted a ruthless manager on board are now bellyaching that we’ve got one who in his first act of ruthlessness just happens to have released a player they like but who has literally done sweet **** all for US.

It’s Nigel’s cock on the block so until he’s proven totally wrong I’m totally in support of his decision. Ta ta and don’t let the door hit your collective arseholes on the way out.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

One observation which hits home just how things have changed in the last three years.

With Pato and Baker moving on, this means that all of the players who got on the pitch in the Man Utd game are now no longer at the club. Zak Vyner was on the bench (not that counts for much as so was Arnie Garita) but didn’t get on the pitch.

Think of that launchpad we had. And then think how we wasted it.

it was wasted. LJ was the problem. it was a morale boost but short lived 

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have this horrible thought that he doesn't sign for us and then Ashton signs him at Ipswich. Hopefully this is just my paranoid mind and we get some good news about Walsh today.

I’d be amazed if they can afford his wages!  Was allegedly on £9k p.w. here.

49 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep, somewhere between £120-£150k p.w. by my calculations.  I usually err on low side.

48 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Has anyone got the info to hand on how much in transfer fees spent has just walked out of the door, without us managing to get them contracted so we could at least recoup a transfer fee for them?

I would be interested to see how many lost millions went into investing in players that have led us to 19th in the Championship.

When I have got my head around that figure then we can start to talk about recruitment policy and the management of players when they are employees at this club.

As for Liam Walsh, this is a player that personifies everything that is wrong with this club over his time here. Signed for a 7 figure fee, deemed not good enough, sent on loan and was player of the year for a promoted side, injured on his return with no apparent ability to rehabilitate him.

Absolute shambles. Can’t blame the kid for walking away. Lots on here saying he is not worth the hype, my view is that he is a proper footballer and will thrive and shine at this level in a proper club that has not been a run like a vanity project and a circus for years.

A ducking lot!

Diedhiou £5.3m

Baker £3.5m

Walsh £0.9m

Hunt £1.5m

Adelakun £0.6m

Watkins £1.0m

Paterson £0.5m

Gilmartin free

Rowe free

Lansbury free

Mariappa free

If Walsh ends up at Ipswich..............I will be sorely pissed off.  For the sake of a few extra quid we should  have given him a years contract,   he was injury free at Coventry...........such a shame about our shit ex-medical staff.  So disappointed that  we didn't offer him a decent deal.                                                                                     

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’d be amazed if they can afford his wages!  Was allegedly on £9k p.w. here.

Yep, somewhere between £120-£150k p.w. by my calculations.  I usually err on low side.

A ducking lot!

Diedhiou £5.3m

Baker £3.5m

Walsh £0.9m

Hunt £1.5m

Adelakun £0.6m

Watkins £1.0m

Paterson £0.5m

Gilmartin free

Rowe free

Lansbury free

Mariappa free

Thanks Dave, I make that £13.3 million quid!

”We get our value on the pitch”

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

If Walsh end up at Ipswich..............I will be sorely pissed off.  For the sake of a few extra quid we should  have given him a years contract,   he was injury free at Coventry...........such a shame about our shit ex-medical staff.  So disappointed that  we didn't offer him a decent deal.                                                                                     

What was he offered?

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If Walsh ends up at Ipswich..............I will be sorely pissed off.  For the sake of a few extra quid we should  have given him a years contract,   he was injury free at Coventry...........such a shame about our shit ex-medical staff.  So disappointed that  we didn't offer him a decent deal.                                                                                     

Why would he sign a one year deal if he can get a 3-4 year deal elsewhere? 

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Matty James has gone back to his parent club (Leicester) so I can see Walsh returning to Coventry.

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sure the club offered him a fair deal his choice to turn it down. Who cares where he ends up.

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

In my opinion, there's very, very little chance he'll end up at Ipswich. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would follow Ashton and his merry men around the country and I can't imagine he's too fond out the medical staff either. 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Haha.  Couldnt agree more.  I just dont get that competition at all. 

With the nearest "teams" being based in Southampton and Cardiff, how is it supposed to have any appeal to a Bristol-born Somerset fan like me?  Or any West Country fans for that matter?

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would he sign a one year deal if he can get a 3-4 year deal elsewhere? 

Thanks Dave.

For me, if NP saw him as part of his plans he’d have offered a 2/3/4 year deal.  For whatever we know, he might well have done just that, but Walsh wants to leave.  But no way just a one year deal.

Archived