IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

8 minutes ago, !james said:

What did he do in that role that didn't impress you? 

It wasn’t me personally that he didn’t impress - I had nothing much to with him but I do remember him getting plenty of stick on here from other posters about various parts of the job that he didn’t seem to do well at.

Maybe some of the other long term otib posters will remember.........:dunno:

Pleased to see them go.

Regarding Walsh, one thing people may have forgotten is how we had far too many central midfielders. We still have o’Dowda, Palmer, Nagy, Williams, Massengo + some of the young players who can play there. Need to spend our money strengthening other areas.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Sure the club offered him a fair deal his choice to turn it down. Who cares where he ends up.

How can u  possibly know if they offered him a fair deal?   They obviously rate him, or else they would not have been `'in talks" with him last night?  They didn't offer him enough, so i believe it's a shame that he is not staying...........and I personally wish him  well.   I am certain he will have a good career, now he's got away from Rollins and his quacks?   ?

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

With the nearest "teams" being based in Southampton and Cardiff, how is it supposed to have any appeal to a Bristol-born Somerset fan like me?  Or any West Country fans for that matter?

I am in the same boat.  I think we are supposed to be supporting the Welsh Fire but (a) one cannot just produce love/support for a team in an instant, and (b) why would I support a team from Wales with 'Welsh' in their name?! 

42 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If Walsh ends up at Ipswich..............I will be sorely pissed off.  For the sake of a few extra quid we should  have given him a years contract,   he was injury free at Coventry...........such a shame about our shit ex-medical staff.  So disappointed that  we didn't offer him a decent deal.                                                                                     

Who are now at Ipswich. Why would Walsh go there?

Generally very happy with what has been announced today. The action had to be drastic. We need to hang on to Weimann for at least another season. Forget about Pritchard and build on the wide range of young talent we have. Don't anticipate a promotion drive next year but confidently expect survival and the creation of a platform to achieve the play-offs the season after.

Well impressed with the appointment of Richard Gould too.  He has an excellent sports' management background as well as past connections to the club, not least through his dad!

I thought Williams and Walsh being mates since there Everton days might have influenced his decision to sign a new contract. But with Nagy, HNM, Bakinson, Williams, Palmer and now Scott higher in the pecking order , he may have thought his chances of first team football were limited 

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was the Commercial manager at AG a few years ago. He wasn’t particularly good in that role. 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t me personally that he didn’t impress - I had nothing much to with him but I do remember him getting plenty of stick on here from other posters about various parts of the job that he didn’t seem to do well at.

i guess you must be a glass half empty type, his CV is seriously impressive

"A former tank commander in the British Army, Gould was educated at Bristol Grammar School and the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, Cranfield University and Harvard Business School."

yet you immediately question his abilities without a shred of evidence.

I'm not sad to see any of that lot go, except for a few regrets about Walsh who looks to me to be a quality player and just the sort of ball retaining and passing midfielder that we've so sorely missed this season.  I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered sometning and decided to turn it down - after the lack of faith Johnson showed in him and then after he sent him off on loan, he never really seemed to be committed to the club.  I'm  not sure how serious his injuries were but he's basically sat out the remaining year, taken the money and done one. 

Baker is clearly a good defender but no matter who good you are, you can't help a team from the treatment room and he's been too much of a sick note over the years.  

Rowe has done a job for us and put a shift in so respect for that, even if he hasn't quite achieved championship standards.  

Pato has flattered to deceive for a while now - flashes of brilliance followed by long periods of mediocrity where you barely notice he's on the pitch.  Thanks and bye.  

Diedhiou will be missed for his set piece defensive contribution but he's a striker ffs, and I hope his departure sees us stop lumping the ball forward to the big man.  Excited to see who we bring in to replace him or whether some of the kids will get a chance - some promising talent there it looks like. .  

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Who are now at Ipswich. Why would Walsh go there?

It WAS tongue in cheek.............I know he won't go there ?.   He will be up against us next season with a championship club, and will probably be MOTM Ha!

11 may have gone, but we still have...

O'Dowda, Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Massengo, Williams, Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley, Vyner, Bakinson, O'Leary, Moore, Palmer, Nagy, and probably Weimann and Simpson.  

That's 17 players, along with the youngsters like...

Conway, Britton, Scott, Pring, Janneh, Edwards, Towler

4 quality additions needed for me, no filling the squad up again with has beens, journeymen and lower league Lee Johnson style 'punts'

2 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

i guess you must be a glass half empty type, his CV is seriously impressive

"A former tank commander in the British Army, Gould was educated at Bristol Grammar School and the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, Cranfield University and Harvard Business School."

yet you immediately question his abilities without a shred of evidence.

Hang on.............:cool2:

Im not questioning his credentials at all. He’s clearly has an impressive CV including a football background. 
I was simply pointing out that when he was at AG some years ago he took plenty of stick on here from various posters in his role as commercial manager.

I remember meeting him once at a function of some sort in the old Williams Stand. That was about the only time that I had anything to do with him.

2 minutes ago, AG City said:

11 may have gone, but we still have...

O'Dowda, Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Massengo, Williams, Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley, Vyner, Bakinson, O'Leary, Moore, Palmer, Nagy, and probably Weimann and Simpson.  

That's 17 players, along with the youngsters like...

Conway, Britton, Scott, Pring, Janneh, Edwards, Towler

4 quality additions needed for me, no filling the squad up again with has beens, journeymen and lower league Lee Johnson style 'punts'

We also have to accept that this is only phase 1 of the Big Nige Big Rebuild (BNBR).

We shouldn't expect to have a promotion worthy squad just yet and it will be patched up with the younger players when needed.

No doubt we'll be shedding more dead wood next summer and each year the fruits of the BNBR should become more plentiful.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

We also have to accept that this is only phase 1 of the Big Nige Big Rebuild (BNBR).

We shouldn't expect to have a promotion worthy squad just yet and it will be patched up with the younger players when needed.

No doubt we'll be shedding more dead wood next summer and each year the fruits of the BNBR should become more plentiful.

Expect one or two of the contracted players to go too.

Just now, spudski said:

I'd love them to sell Wells. 

I just find him the biggest negative aura.

I don't think any Championship club would fancy him so unless he got an offer from a club outside of Europe I don't see it happening. The US would work well for him.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

Are you Hercule Poirot?

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Trouble is most of these players are shit.

Some but not all.  O'Doodah & Semenyo I would move on if an offer was made. Wells I'm unsure of but he hasn't really filled me with enthusiasm so maybe move on also.  Williams, I don't know and wouldn't recognise him if you showed me a picture. Others I think we can work with.

Just now, mozo said:

I don't think any Championship club would fancy him so unless he got an offer from a club outside of Europe I don't see it happening. The US would work well for him.

Panic buy imo.

Never liked him as a player or person.

Just find everything about him negative. 

Not my type of person or player.

Three contracted players I'd wish to move on are Kalas, Bakinson and Wells. Controversial I know. It's not so much their ability but other side's to them I really don't like.

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd love them to sell Wells. 

I just find him the biggest negative aura.

I hope we keep Wells, play to his strengths and utilise his ability.

When he was such a popular member of the Bradford, Huddersfield, and QPR dressing rooms, you have to wonder where the problem actually sits.

Maybe his slightly frustrated demeanour is in (until Nigel Pearson joined and Mark Ashton left) the fact that having played for proper clubs he had joined a basket-case one, and was a striker playing in a side that created a record-breaking lack of chances.

Just a thought.

Archived