IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hang on.............:cool2:

Im not questioning his credentials at all. He’s clearly has an impressive CV including a football background. 
I was simply pointing out that when he was at AG some years ago he took plenty of stick on here from various posters in his role as commercial manager.

I remember meeting him once at a function of some sort in the old Williams Stand. That was about the only time that I had anything to do with him.

Not like you to believe forum gossip... :cool2:

Thanks to all those now leaving but it is a new beginning at BCFC.

We now have the opportunity ti change course with an experienced and successful manager, and the fruits of the Academy which appear to be the best and plenty of them, for a long time.

Add to this the support staff from CEO to the Tea Lady (sexist and outdated I know) and we could see a Bristol City FC like never before.

COYREDS!

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I hope we keep Wells, play to his strengths and utilise his ability.

When he was such a popular member of the Bradford, Huddersfield, and QPR dressing rooms, you have to wonder where the problem actually sits.

Maybe his slightly frustrated demeanour is in (until Nigel Pearson joined and Mark Ashton left) the fact that having played for proper clubs he had joined a basket-case one, as was a striker playing in a side that created a record-breaking lack of chances.

Just a thought.

I don't see him as frustrated...I just find him sullen, with an aura of thinking he's the dog's bollox when in reality he's not all that.

There are a certain element that imo think they are better than they are, and act and show off like they are some top Prem star. Some need a bit of humbleness and reality check.

I don't think it's a positive to other team members.

It basically shouts...' you too can be average and get paid a fortune and be Mr Flash'.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't see him as frustrated...I just find him sullen, with an aura of thinking he's the dog's bollox when in reality he's not all that.

There are a certain element that imo think they are better than they are, and act and show off like they are some top Prem star. Some need a bit of humbleness and reality check.

I don't think it's a positive to other team members.

It basically shouts...' you too can be average and get paid a fortune and be Mr Flash'.

“In reality he’s not all that” what? A player promoted out of this division with Huddersfield and the Championships top scorer when we signed him?

Sulk away Nahki in my opinion (not that I think he has or does) - I admire him for not accepting our complete mediocrity on and off the field and wanting better. I think if Nigel Pearson has his way we may see a few more stropping around the place if we lose and fail to muster shots against the opposition and I hope so too.

I think NP likes and rates Wells, as he featured in all of the games, never hid, and worked hard, so I would hope that we all got behind out main striking threat and top scorer and backed him rather that unfairly scapegoating him for being slightly miffed at realising the dream he was sold was actually a bit of a farce as has been proven.

20 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

:laugh: I hate to say "Told you so", but I recall I flagged him as a potential replacement for MA as soon as that was announced.

<<Blows own trumpet>>

You should have a rib or two removed so you can suck yourself off.

Not unhappy to see any of that lot go,

Interesting that it states with Weimann that contract negotiations are ongoing which would sugest thats its not a contract extention but reduced terms?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can you imagine if Walsh was coached by Pembo.

He'd win the league - on his own - by Christmas.

Unstoppable force that would be.

You really need to get back on your medication as a matter of urgency for us all.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

You really need to get back on your medication as a matter of urgency for us all.

Haha.

The insider knowledge some people claim to have on here is outstanding! I am still waiting for a member of the 'Pembo was are best coach EVER' to come forward and tell us when they were coached by him!

Just now, Northern Red said:

Just because the club haven't said anything about Walsh being offered a deal doesn't mean that it didn't happen. There's no mention of it with Diedhiou either and we know that he was offered one.

I think the club statement sort of hinted that there was an offer on the table to Walsh but thankfully was passed up.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Haha.

The insider knowledge some people claim to have on here is outstanding! I am still waiting for a member of the 'Pembo was are best coach EVER' to come forward and tell us when they were coached by him!

You've just jogged their memories

9 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

“In reality he’s not all that” what? A player promoted out of this division with Huddersfield and the Championships top scorer when we signed him?

Sulk away Nahki in my opinion (not that I think he has or does) - I admire him for not accepting our complete mediocrity on and off the field and wanting better. I think if Nigel Pearson has his way we may see a few more stropping around the place if we lose and fail to muster shots against the opposition and I hope so too.

I think NP likes and rates Wells, as he featured in all of the games, never hid, and worked hard, so I would hope that we all got behind out main striking threat and top scorer and backed him rather that unfairly scapegoating him for being slightly miffed at realising the dream he was sold was actually a bit of a farce as has been proven.

Do you actually believe he ever wanted to come here? I don't. I personally don't think he wants to be here. I see him completely diffently to yourself. Happy to be proved wrong...but he's not a player I can warm to.

Just now, spudski said:

Do you actually believe he ever wanted to come here? I don't. I personally don't think he wants to be here. I see him completely diffently to yourself. Happy to be proved wrong...but he's not a player I can warm to.

See your point TBH.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree he was maybe unenthused about coming here, but I think with the complete change of structure and a manager that is fit for purpose, with the opportunity to rebuild, then it is like signing for a new club.

I think he surprises a few next year and will be a senior figure in our revamp.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

Nah, he wouldn't have dared, he was the year below me.

Not sure he's the man for the job then.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I agree he was maybe unenthused about coming here, but I think with the complete change of structure and a manager that is fit for purpose, with the opportunity to rebuild, then it is like signing for a new club.

I think he surprises a few next year and will be a senior figure in our revamp.

we hope

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

He wanted to be at QPR from the start. Just seemed like a last roll of the dice option from LJ and it hasn't worked out well

I can’t say I’m bothered about any of those players leaving, we needed a clear out and a fresh start, it’s been obvious that somethings not been right in the camp for a few seasons.

I’m sure a few more contracted players will also leave as I’m sure NP has advised all if they will feature in his plans or not.

This all feels like a new era which is exciting after a largely dull few years!

Archived