IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well that article in Football Insider was numerically accurate then. 11 out!

Bit surprised about Simpson given the age thing, how dynamic can a side be with a 34 year old at right back?

In terms of the outs, I know he's been out for much of the season but all the same a bit surprised about Walsh. He was (IIRC) Coventry's player of the Season in 2019/20, albeit in League One but promoted all the same! He has room for growth too given his age...our loss (fitness permitting) might well be someone's gain.

In the very limited minutes we saw from him, he looked more athletic than Hunt (who was steady, admittedly rarely got injured).  With a pre-season behind him, I think he will provide good cover.

What remains to be seen is whether Pearson sees Vyner as his no1 RB, or whether he’s planning to bring in a first choice.  I’m sure Simpson is gonna be a 1 year deal, on the basis NP can’t build Rome in one day, and thinks Simpson as cover can tide us over until next summer.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Two reasons - Nige knows what he’ll bring having worked with him previously and Nige also knows what influence Simpson will have both on and off the pitch.

He’s exactly what the team needs - an experienced and capable defender. We need another three or four that fit that criteria.

This summer window is going to be truly fascinating.

I know why he's keeping him. I just don't agree.

I saw nothing from him in the minutes he played to suggest he's the answer. He's 34 and has started 29 matches in three seasons.

Full backs need to be either excellent defenders or good at getting up and down the line. They need to be fit, athletic and have some pace. 

3 hours ago, AG City said:

11 may have gone, but we still have...

O'Dowda, Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Massengo, Williams, Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley, Vyner, Bakinson, O'Leary, Moore, Palmer, Nagy, and probably Weimann and Simpson.  

That's 17 players, along with the youngsters like...

Conway, Britton, Scott, Pring, Janneh, Edwards, Towler

4 quality additions needed for me, no filling the squad up again with has beens, journeymen and lower league Lee Johnson style 'punts'

Four additions to that lot & we’ll be bottom of the league imo. The kids are not ready for a full year of championship football . Add to that Nagy, Palmer, not sure on Vyner unless he nails down a position , he still has lots to learn , O’Leary , Moore are in my opinion lower championship/ league one players . Slightly harsh on Nagy but he still hasn’t shown what type of midfielder he really is. 
we need a lot more than four & a major step up in attitude intensity & quality and that’s just to finish mid table . 

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, Pearson knows and trusts him. He can be relied on to be a solid option at RB. He's already here and is on a free. I can understand the logic in it. 

We'll see. 

So solid that he's only started 29 games in three seasons. And he's 34.

But in Nige we trust...the man who had worryingly little effect on the team's organisation, will to win, or creativity since arriving.  

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hang on.............:cool2:

Im not questioning his credentials at all. He’s clearly has an impressive CV including a football background. 
I was simply pointing out that when he was at AG some years ago he took plenty of stick on here from various posters in his role as commercial manager.

I remember meeting him once at a function of some sort in the old Williams Stand. That was about the only time that I had anything to do with him.

You stated “he wasn’t particularly good in that role “ 

you didn’t say I heard he wasn’t particularly good . 

But  as soon as you saw he’s a ex tank commander you had flash backs of Gary Johnson beating you up in his office & shit yourself , so started back tracking . 

59 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

No, you said... "He was the Commercial manager at AG a few years ago. He wasn’t particularly good in that role.", then when asked to substantiate you backed it up with heresay and rumour.

Yeah.......and?   Are you suggesting that we don’t see hearsay and rumour on here?

Glad this has all been sorted and a lot of players have been moved on. Frees up a lot of wages for us to get players who hopefully will perform consistently better. Needed for a long time. Too many players that took it too easy. Can’t wait for the summer now, hopefully 4/5 quality signings then some back ups and we should be in a much more stronger position for the start of the season

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

He was the Commercial manager at AG a few years ago. He wasn’t particularly good in that role. 

Can you specify how he failed to impress? He went from that to being CEO at Soms, hardly the sign of someone who's doing badly.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah.......and?   Are you suggesting that we don’t see hearsay and rumour on here?

It's a bit much when it's questioning someone's professional abilities. You literally said Gould was no good at his job, then didn't back it up.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You stated “he wasn’t particularly good in that role “ 

you didn’t say I heard he wasn’t particularly good . 

But  as soon as you saw he’s a ex tank commander you had flash backs of Gary Johnson beating you up in his office & shit yourself , so started back tracking . 

Jeez.............:sleeping:

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Pearson said he likes working with a reduced squad, 5/6 added to the 18 listed below would leave you with a 23/24 man squad before any of the younger players may be sticking around the first team squad like Scott, Conway, Pearson etc, any departures from the list of 18 would obviously mean an incoming but I don't think 5 or 6 is an unrealistic number atm as Pearson said it wouldn't be a 1 summer fix. 

Edit - And that's before Weimann and Simpson added as well so 25/26 man squad with them.

1. Dan Bentley
  2. Robbie Cundy
  3. Tomas Kalas
  4. Chris Martin
  5. Taylor Moore
  6. Ádám Nagy
  7. Callum O’Dowda
  8. Max O’Leary

I like the idea of Max being our #8. Takes me back to the Billy Mercer days.

13 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I think the point is, if he sets the championship alight next season it won’t be the last we hear of him on here, especially if we are struggling ourselves 

Well in the bones of 3 years he has played circa 18 games for us I think and has set nothing alight. If he does elsewhere then fair play to him however I think he is destined for lower level obscurity. Either way, who cares ? He has stolen a wage from BCFC for far too long. Good riddance.

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We'll see. 

So solid that he's only started 29 games in three seasons. And he's 34.

But in Nige we trust...the man who had worryingly little effect on the team's organisation, will to win, or creativity since arriving.  

He didn’t have a club for months so that stats a bit unfair. We need experience in one or two places & especially in the dressing room. Remember LJ saying how Wilb’s used to police the dressing room . We need leaders . 

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

You clearly seek attention. 
You abuse a footballer online and then think it’s funny that he’s blocked you. 
Then you revel in this by posting your oh so humorous abuse on here. 

17 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Thanks pal. Unfortunately your logic is as bad as your maths.

I’ll assume you are a copper as well then. Thick as thieves. 

9 hours ago, SecretSam said:

But you don't know that. He individually might be the absolute beans at nicking crims, it's everyone else who's bobbins. Bit like Bents in our team - one shining light.

Also, IDK how hard it is to catch burglars, having never tried, so I'm not really in a place to comment.

I DO know how hard it is to play football. Well, to play it anything other than terribly...

#Owned

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

9 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

To continue the tangent, what iron where you using? 

The number of people I see with a new fancy iron, and a substandard ironing board ?

9 hours ago, brady bunch said:

so your ironing performance is still better then Patto has been for us. Fordy was being harsh at 1 in 10, I reckon over the time he has been here, it is more like 1 good game in 6, but the principle remains...

Now all i need to know is for ever 10 burglars Fordy has nicked, how many of them have been banged up? 

As for me, I planted out 10 chilli plants a few weeks ago, not a single one of them has come out yet, so a 0 in 10 performance, but as footballers are my heros and role models (:laugh:), I still want paying in full for all 10 non growing plants...

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We have an ironing lady. She’s excellent value. I imagine she’s got one of those irons where the base is connected to the iron. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Anyone worked out how much in total we paid in fees for those released? Must be close to £10m I would guess. Not a great story is it, despite the largely positive response to the news. 

£13.8m I think. 

5 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

You clearly seek attention. 
You abuse a footballer online and then think it’s funny that he’s blocked you. 
Then you revel in this by posting your oh so humorous abuse on here. 

I’ll assume you are a copper as well then. Thick as thieves. 

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

U ok hun?

25 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Anyone worked out how much in total we paid in fees for those released? Must be close to £10m I would guess. Not a great story is it, despite the largely positive response to the news. 

Posted earlier by me.

78556246-BD82-4E21-ACF6-F53EC2A74A23.jpeg.8ad7011bdd4d43e8daee057b2207f208.jpeg

£13.3m by my maths.

Only one of the 11 signed a new contract whilst here….Pato, another reason to be critical of the previous regime.

Is Prince Henry playing much for the U-23s? Haven't even heard him mentioned compared to all the other young strikers that have played/been on the bench recently for the first team.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Is Prince Henry playing much for the U-23s? Haven't even heard him mentioned compared to all the other young strikers that have played/been on the bench recently for the first team.

No, been mainly 18s hasn’t he @Lrrr?

27 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I cant be arsed to look into it but it’s got to be well over £10m, Fam alone was £5.3m.. I’m sure Lansdown will be seething behind the scenes but the club can do little else but move forward and try and put the correct people in place to stop this from happening again.

A club of our size simply cannot afford for a mass exodus of tens of millions of pounds worth of players to walk away OOC again to be honest.

5 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

I agree he was maybe unenthused about coming here, but I think with the complete change of structure and a manager that is fit for purpose, with the opportunity to rebuild, then it is like signing for a new club.

I think he surprises a few next year and will be a senior figure in our revamp.

I hope you are right...but I personally don't see him as the main striker that will get us promotion if given the service.

It's probably slightly off topic...but I feel our downturn has gone south since we've introduced certain players, either by panic because of injuries or players sold, or because they became available from Prem clubs even though they'd been loaned out pretty much the whole time. The culture took a downturn when we started doing that.

The ' DNA' thing has been an absolute disaster imo. 

I'd want professionals who care about their job...not ones who consider football as a means to an end.

Not players who consider success by the car they drive, the holiday they take, the GF they have, the ' sweet family photo they have after noshing at KFC'...it's all bollox.

Hungry young professionals who live for being a footballer, not what a footballers wages can bring you and brag about on Instagram are what we need.

Archived