IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. That’d be an interesting department though. 

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

IA or the UK equivalent?

2 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

You clearly seek attention. 
You abuse a footballer online and then think it’s funny that he’s blocked you. 
Then you revel in this by posting your oh so humorous abuse on here. 

I’ll assume you are a copper as well then. Thick as thieves. 

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

Nope. Good one though.

You clearly seek attention. 
You abuse a footballer online and then think it’s funny that he’s blocked you. 
Then you revel in this by posting your oh so humorous abuse on here. 

I’ll assume you are a copper as well then. Thick as thieves. 

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

Oh Dear, theres always one isn't there

th.jpeg-3.jpg

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. That’d be an interesting department though. 

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

Lost Property? did you train with airlines?

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d be amazed if they can afford his wages!  Was allegedly on £9k p.w. here.

Yep, somewhere between £120-£150k p.w. by my calculations.  I usually err on low side.

A ducking lot!

Diedhiou £5.3m

Baker £3.5m

Walsh £0.9m

Hunt £1.5m

Adelakun £0.6m

Watkins £1.0m

Paterson £0.5m

Gilmartin free

Rowe free

Lansbury free

Mariappa free

In terms of ROI the worst pieces of business there by a country mile have to be Hunt for 1.5 million and Watkins for 1. Followed very closely by Baker.

I am not sure why Ashton could not offload Fammy earlier. Did he not make it clear he wanted out? 500k even, better than nout.

All in all a terrible indictment of the outgoing CEO.

Richard Gould seems an altogether far more grounded and qualified man and one, hopefully, who will not be so involved in player selection, cue Steve Walsh?

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

In terms of ROI the worst pieces of business there by a country mile have to be Hunt for 1.5 million and Watkins for 1. Followed very closely by Baker.

I am not sure why Ashton could not offload Fammy earlier. Did he not make it clear he wanted out? 500k even, better than nout.

All in all a terrible indictment of the outgoing CEO.

Richard Gould seems an altogether far more grounded and qualified man and one, hopefully, who will not be so involved in player selection, cue Steve Walsh?

That’s tough on Hunt.  How any games did he play compared to Watkins?  He has been a very decent right back, but now is the time for him to move on.  Not a bad bit of business though.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s tough on Hunt.  How any games did he play compared to Watkins?  He has been a very decent right back, but now is the time for him to move on.  Not a bad bit of business though.

Admittedly I only saw him about 8 times at AG and about 20 times live but in every game he was poor and that's being kind. Perhaps he excelled in the games I did not see but 28 games is a fair number of his, what?, 60 games for City? So, even if he excelled in those, being a mediocre player is a standard NP could never tolerate. 1.5 million is still a huge amount of money. Was Rowe, for free, 1.5 million worse?

I never rated either of them; always looked like stop gaps to me and poor ones at that.

Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

Mind you don't get hurt, climbing off that high horse.

8 hours ago, DaveF said:

You should have a rib or two removed so you can suck yourself off.

Thank you so much for this information I now know where spare ribs from supermarkets and butchers come from. Think I'll stick to burgers Unless you know more?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Oh Dear, theres always one isn't there

th.jpeg-3.jpg

48 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Mind you don't get hurt, climbing off that high horse.

29 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Mummy will help him down

So do you 2 think it’s ok for people to abuse footballers on Twitter then? 
I’ll assume from your responses that you do. 
Your collusion is part of the problem. 

Judging from your historical posts, I’m assuming you are both quite old. Why are you sniggering like children over social media abuse. May be time to grow up. 

36 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Judging from your historical posts, I’m assuming you are both quite old. Why are you sniggering like children over social media abuse. May be time to grow up. 

I told Pato he was a good player but very inconsistent. Do you consider that to be the truth, or hurtful lies?

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He didn’t have a club for months so that stats a bit unfair. We need experience in one or two places & especially in the dressing room. Remember LJ saying how Wilb’s used to police the dressing room . We need leaders . 

Why didn’t he have a club, I wonder...

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In the very limited minutes we saw from him, he looked more athletic than Hunt (who was steady, admittedly rarely got injured).  With a pre-season behind him, I think he will provide good cover.

What remains to be seen is whether Pearson sees Vyner as his no1 RB, or whether he’s planning to bring in a first choice.  I’m sure Simpson is gonna be a 1 year deal, on the basis NP can’t build Rome in one day, and thinks Simpson as cover can tide us over until next summer.

I've an open mind on Simpson, as cover maybe just not sure about how compatible he given his age would be with a proactive style let's say. Then again Dalsgaard is 31 and Brentford are often excellent to watch.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Posted earlier by me.

78556246-BD82-4E21-ACF6-F53EC2A74A23.jpeg.8ad7011bdd4d43e8daee057b2207f208.jpeg

£13.3m by my maths.

Only one of the 11 signed a new contract whilst here….Pato, another reason to be critical of the previous regime.

Mark Ashton..................The Man............The Legend................The Muppet,  who's legacy is to have help squander over 13 million?   His face should be  printed on some urinal cakes for the Club's toilet's, so we can do to him.....what he did to City's finances? ? ?                                                     

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

With the number released you could almost make a [terrible] first team.  No goalie though.

I smiled when I first read this, but then……

Gilmartin

Hunt, Mariappa, Baker, Rowe

Adelukan, Walsh, Lansbury, Paterson

Watkins, Diedhiou

There will be worse teams in L1 next year!

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Four additions to that lot & we’ll be bottom of the league imo. The kids are not ready for a full year of championship football . Add to that Nagy, Palmer, not sure on Vyner unless he nails down a position , he still has lots to learn , O’Leary , Moore are in my opinion lower championship/ league one players . Slightly harsh on Nagy but he still hasn’t shown what type of midfielder he really is. 
we need a lot more than four & a major step up in attitude intensity & quality and that’s just to finish mid table . 

Agree we need more than 4 additions, agree most of the younger players are not yet ready but a more suitable and consistent setup could help a few on whom the jury is out.

1 RB (personally I'd let Simpson go and aim at 1 good and one as decent but younger cover).

2 CB

Pring will be added this season as cover?

2 CM- preferably one of them a flexible CM with goals.

A LW/LM/Left sided forward 

A proper forward.

Wouldn't mind moving Palmer on, if we can.

Wollacott may still be in contract.

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Funny isn’t it? I’m disappointed to see Walsh go - I suppose I look back fondly to the last league one player of the season we bought that I remember; one Michael Bell. 

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He wasn’t League One player of the season, that was Ivan Toney.

He was Coventry’s player of the season.

Yep, similarly Mickey Bell wasn’t League One player of the season - he was Wycombe’s player of the season just before we signed him ... although I think it was called the second division in those days ...

55 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Mark Ashton..................The Man............The Legend................The Muppet,  who's legacy is to have help squander over 13 million?   His face should be  printed on some urinal cakes for the Club's toilet's, so we can do to him.....what he did to City's finances? ? ?                                                     

That is the best idea that I have ever read on here.

Let's start a petition. ?

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Gilmartin

Watkins, Diedhiou

That team would be top ten L1 If not nighter dare I say.

Say what you want about Walsh and Diedhiou going, but it speaks volumes of how disastrous our last year has gone when we are only extending two players with no real potential value, and the two players who held any potential value have been allowed to wind their contracts down and leave on a free...

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Gilmartin

Watkins, Diedhiou

Not sure, Dave. Half of those will hobble off injured in the first game....

7 hours ago, spudski said:

I hope you are right...but I personally don't see him as the main striker that will get us promotion if given the service.

It's probably slightly off topic...but I feel our downturn has gone south since we've introduced certain players, either by panic because of injuries or players sold, or because they became available from Prem clubs even though they'd been loaned out pretty much the whole time. The culture took a downturn when we started doing that.

The ' DNA' thing has been an absolute disaster imo. 

I'd want professionals who care about their job...not ones who consider football as a means to an end.

Not players who consider success by the car they drive, the holiday they take, the GF they have, the ' sweet family photo they have after noshing at KFC'...it's all bollox.

Hungry young professionals who live for being a footballer, not what a footballers wages can bring you and brag about on Instagram are what we need.

Has Nahki Wells done any of these things you suggest turn you off footballers?

I have not seen it from him.

I see a hard working, career professional who is a family man and cares about success and is miffed at perpetual toothless displays.

I am genuinely not holding you to task here, just interested in why a very good striker at this level, who played in every game for us this season, and was our top scorer in a record-breakingly bad offensive unit, is held by some fans as the focal point for our downturn, when I could personally find about 100 other reasons for it before I even thought about Nahki Wells.

And finally, your first point - on what basis from purely a footballing reason, do you not see him as our main striker given the service? Incredibly assumptive foresight on a player who has individually achieved more than our club collectively has over the last 5 years.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Posted earlier by me.

78556246-BD82-4E21-ACF6-F53EC2A74A23.jpeg.8ad7011bdd4d43e8daee057b2207f208.jpeg

£13.3m by my maths.

Only one of the 11 signed a new contract whilst here….Pato, another reason to be critical of the previous regime.

Settled on £13.3m earlier. For a businessman of Steve Lansdowns pedigree, the fact that this slipped through his fingers, by entrusting a charlatan who had survived on the foundations of others , and his wits, and has his head elsewhere for at least 12 months whilst seemingly neglecting his day job, is the stuff of nightmares.

Luckily and hopefully, it looks like its jarred Mr Lansdown into some sort of legacy-saving reaction, but how he was taken for a ride and then some.

Incredible shrapnel-strewn path left in plain sight by our outgoing CEO, who in my opinion downed tools once LJ left, and appointed Holden as a padding out time-buyer until he was in the wind to Ipswich.

8 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Yes it is time you grew up

Archived