IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

Disappointed Walsh isn't staying but that's offset by the likes of Alex Scott emerging.   I just hope that the recruitment planned isn't predominantly more of Mariappa, Lansbury etc and the balance leans towards emerging talent.

ALso, we should get a fee for Walsh:-

"Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable."

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, similarly Mickey Bell wasn’t League One player of the season - he was Wycombe’s player of the season just before we signed him ... although I think it was called the second division in those days ...

That was my recollection but I wasn’t sure.

Bell was certainly a fixture in the PFA team of the season but always at third tier level.

7 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Has Nahki Wells done any of these things you suggest turn you off footballers?

I have not seen it from him.

I see a hard working, career professional who is a family man and cares about success and is miffed at perpetual toothless displays.

I am genuinely not holding you to task here, just interested in why a very good striker at this level, who played in every game for us this season, and was our top scorer in a record-breakingly bad offensive unit, is held by some fans as the focal point for our downturn, when I could personally find about 100 other reasons for it before I even thought about Nahki Wells.

And finally, your first point - on what basis from purely a footballing reason, do you not see him as our main striker given the service? Incredibly assumptive foresight on a player who has individually achieved more than our club collectively has over the last 5 years.

I would also add that he has been asked to play wide left a lot this season. While he has been open that he has never played there before, he has also said that he would give it his best for the team and I don’t think his effort can be criticised - for example, he has worked hard to track back to, and tackle in, the left back area. He is clearly not comfortable with playing there though and personally I would never play him there but there is no evidence of him throwing his toys out of the pram at being asked to play there. I hope we have him playing centrally next season and he finds some form with the help of some better service from midfield. 

8 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Has Nahki Wells done any of these things you suggest turn you off footballers?

I have not seen it from him.

I see a hard working, career professional who is a family man and cares about success and is miffed at perpetual toothless displays.

I am genuinely not holding you to task here, just interested in why a very good striker at this level, who played in every game for us this season, and was our top scorer in a record-breakingly bad offensive unit, is held by some fans as the focal point for our downturn, when I could personally find about 100 other reasons for it before I even thought about Nahki Wells.

And finally, your first point - on what basis from purely a footballing reason, do you not see him as our main striker given the service? Incredibly assumptive foresight on a player who has individually achieved more than our club collectively has over the last 5 years.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

Ditto @eardun too.

The lack of a smile on his face during games seems to have conjured up an opinion that he doesn’t want to be here.

2 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

Disappointed Walsh isn't staying but that's offset by the likes of Alex Scott emerging.   I just hope that the recruitment planned isn't predominantly more of Mariappa, Lansbury etc and the balance leans towards emerging talent.

"Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable."

I can only assume that those players already being here, and not being retained shows that he is looking for the right players….irrespective of age. Keeping Simpson appears to be as his “eyes and ears”.

19 hours ago, pongo88 said:

We definitely don’t need busy bees. In cold, rainy weather bees tend to take the day off and stay in the hive. We need players who can perform on a could winter Wednesday night in Middlesbrough 

We had a team full of them only a couple of months ago!

The problem was they couldn't perform on any day or in any weather at Ashton Gate, or at just about every other ground we visited, thereafter

12 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I told Pato he was a good player but very inconsistent. Do you consider that to be the truth, or hurtful lies?

Fordy, there are always some out there who like to take offence on someone else's behalf even when they have distorted (or possibly misunderstood) the facts to try and back up their argument. They do my brain in.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Obviously I don’t know when I’ve been ‘done’........whatever that means.........:dunno:

Check the OS - it will be confirmed there. :) 

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Admittedly I only saw him about 8 times at AG and about 20 times live but in every game he was poor and that's being kind. Perhaps he excelled in the games I did not see but 28 games is a fair number of his, what?, 60 games for City? So, even if he excelled in those, being a mediocre player is a standard NP could never tolerate. 1.5 million is still a huge amount of money. Was Rowe, for free, 1.5 million worse?

I never rated either of them; always looked like stop gaps to me and poor ones at that.

115 games for us, 4 goals and 15 assists.

Good numbers imo.

13 hours ago, maxjak said:

Mark Ashton..................The Man............The Legend................The Muppet,  who's legacy is to have help squander over 13 million?   His face should be  printed on some urinal cakes for the Club's toilet's, so we can do to him.....what he did to City's finances? ? ?                                                     

LJ carries the can even more for that lot! 

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

Mark Ashton..................The Man............The Legend................The Muppet,  who's legacy is to have help squander over 13 million?   His face should be  printed on some urinal cakes for the Club's toilet's, so we can do to him.....what he did to City's finances? ? ?                                                     

I wonder if we look at the other side of the coin how much revenue he generated in sales. Then a very simple calculation with sum things up more accurately.

4 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

I would hope and think it will be somewhere in the middle. We are crying out for some experienced leaders in the squad. I think we'll see 6-8 new signings and I think 4 or 5 will be between 25-30 year old experienced pros.

15 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I told Pato he was a good player but very inconsistent. Do you consider that to be the truth, or hurtful lies?

An inconsistent player. Fine. That’s an opinion. 
Going on social media and telling him “he’s excellent - 1 in 10”, and then bragging about it because he blocked you, is no longer an opinion, it’s being purposely hurtful and trying to trigger a reaction. A reaction that you got - he blocked you - and you seem so proud of it. It’s childish. I’d expect better from an officer of the law. I assume you know colleagues who have to deal with social media abuse? Why are you showing off about the fact you’ve abused a footballer? 

7 hours ago, BigTone said:

Yes it is time you grew up

Am I the one defending an act of abuse? Think you need to have a look at yourself pal. 

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Fordy, there are always some out there who like to take offence on someone else's behalf even when they have distorted (or possibly misunderstood) the facts to try and back up their argument. They do my brain in.

Sticking up for the copper again. I assume you are one too? Thick as thieves. 

I’m not offended on someone else’s behalf. Pato blocked the troll. He’s done his bit. I just find it unfunny and childish. Your collusion is also unfunny and childish. 

Question - Do you think it’s ok for fans to abuse footballers online? 

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Wow, I am sure that this post is going to upset a lot of people .

33 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

An inconsistent player. Fine. That’s an opinion. 
Going on social media and telling him “he’s excellent - 1 in 10”, and then bragging about it because he blocked you, is no longer an opinion, it’s being purposely hurtful and trying to trigger a reaction. A reaction that you got - he blocked you - and you seem so proud of it. It’s childish. I’d expect better from an officer of the law. I assume you know colleagues who have to deal with social media abuse? Why are you showing off about the fact you’ve abused a footballer? 

Am I the one defending an act of abuse? Think you need to have a look at yourself pal. 

Sticking up for the copper again. I assume you are one too? Thick as thieves. 

I’m not offended on someone else’s behalf. Pato blocked the troll. He’s done his bit. I just find it unfunny and childish. Your collusion is also unfunny and childish. 

Question - Do you think it’s ok for fans to abuse footballers online? 

I need to look at nothing. You need to stop the anti policeman sentiment you habour if anything. And believe you me, I ain't your pal. One last point while you seem to be making a complete show of yourself ..... no I am not and never have been a policeman. 

Just run along sonny, you are doing yourself no favours credibility wise.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I wonder if we look at the other side of the coin how much revenue he generated in sales. Then a very simple calculation with sum things up more accurately.

Transfer profit = £75.8m

Bearing in mind only a few players have been bought for a fee / compensation and subsequently sold for a fee (Magnússon, Brownhill, Eliasson, Webster), it’s probably around the £85m generated from player sales.

In that period, we’ve racked up losses of £41.4m….likely to be another £20m this season just ended.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6bf29213856c16c0824af02d0cbcba2.jpeg

How would you sum that up out of interest?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Transfer profit = £75.8m

Bearing in mind only a few players have been bought for a fee / compensation and subsequently sold for a fee (Magnússon, Brownhill, Eliasson, Webster), it’s probably around the £85m generated from player sales.

In that period, we’ve racked up losses of £41.4m….likely to be another £20m this season just ended.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6bf29213856c16c0824af02d0cbcba2.jpeg

How would you sum that up out of interest?

Did we make on Flint ?

Archived