IGNORED

11 Gone

Dolman_Stand

8 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Ok. So Fordys tweet to pato was meant to be a compliment was it. Is that why he got blocked. Did Paterson just take it the wrong way 

Only 1 daft person here, the one trying to defend abuse 

Why don't you just grow the **** up and stop being a total self righteous knob. Please just put me on ignore from this point on.

46 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Ok. So Fordys tweet to pato was meant to be a compliment was it. Is that why he got blocked. Did Paterson just take it the wrong way 

Good lord. I've tried to just ignore all this but it sounds like Fordy just gave an opinion. No abuse. Just an opinion (probably shared by many) that he often didn't perform to his capabilities. He didn't use any abusive words or phrases (at least none that he has admitted on here).

As Kalas said recently, people are allowed to have an opinion as long as a line isn't crossed. His attitude was to not go on social media to read it. Pato's is obviously to block the negative stuff.

Can you just leave the petty argument now please?  This thread is meant to be about the exciting beginning of a new chapter now men have gone. Are people being abusive if they say they are happy some of them have left the club cos they don't think they're good enough?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

No, I meant the negotiation would be either accept a year on the same money or the guarantee of a longer deal on less.

As I say, that's not great for us if he refuses the 2 year option on the reduced wage we offer, because we either pay more than we want to or watch him leave. I think it's quite possible that he finds a few quid more than our reduced offer elsewhere.

10 hours ago, BigTone said:

And many have left for very decent fees. The problem is that none of us know exactly the internal club process for this task. Many claim to be "ITK" but more often than not this has been proved to be bollycocks.

Brick wall....................and head meeting each other ?

17 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

If you have a problem with Fordy PM him, if you have an issue with the contents of a post, alert the mods.. stop derailing the thread with a petty self righteous argument.

17 hours ago, mozo said:

As I say, that's not great for us if he refuses the 2 year option on the reduced wage we offer, because we either pay more than we want to or watch him leave. I think it's quite possible that he finds a few quid more than our reduced offer elsewhere.

Certainly agree that even a year on his current wages is a big commitment for us, however despite being injured this season he has an exemplary availability record otherwise & is definitely someone I can see the likes of Boro, Forest, Sheff U & WBA all being interested in if he’s available for free.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly agree that even a year on his current wages is a big commitment for us, however despite being injured this season he has an exemplary availability record otherwise & is definitely someone I can see the likes of Boro, Forest, Sheff U & WBA all being interested in if he’s available for free.

Yeah and I just think, to put it bluntly, we'll be offering shit wages this summer. We could have activated the year ages ago but didn't for a reason. I'm going all out now...he'll leave!

But I'm happy either way.

If I was Weimann or anybody else for that matter, there is no way I would sign a new contract on reduced terms.

Of course, football clubs will all be tightening their belts at the moment, because they have had little income for the last fourteen months and we are still in a time of uncertainty.

The whole world is in a time of uncertainty, including footballers. So why the hell would anyone expect them to sign a three-year contract on reduced wages, when for all anyone knows the lay of the land could look a lot rosier in twelve or even six months?

We just need to activate Weimann's year extension and see what transpires.

It'll be interesting to see which club blinks first signing up OOC players. 

At present, i'm sure most clubs without parachute payments, have no idea of what the market is wages wise. It'll need a few deals to go through to start to formulate future wage structures. 

With that in mind, i'm guessing that the market won't really start in the EFL until the playoffs are over; with 12 clubs not knowing what division they are in next season still.

Players like Weimann, Simpson and no doubt countless other OOCs will have been told to hang fire on signing anything for a few weeks yet. 

It'll then be absolute chaos for a number of weeks, as clubs rush to fill their squads in time for pre season.

I don't envy managers this summer. Any planning is going to be so last minute. A number of our ex-players may well have provisonal verbal agreements with other clubs. But no club is going to commit to £20k per week contracts, if the market is only going to be £12-15k.

Fun all of this, isn't it??

20 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

It'll be interesting to see which club blinks first signing up OOC players. 

At present, i'm sure most clubs without parachute payments, have no idea of what the market is wages wise. It'll need a few deals to go through to start to formulate future wage structures. 

With that in mind, i'm guessing that the market won't really start in the EFL until the playoffs are over; with 12 clubs not knowing what division they are in next season still.

Players like Weimann, Simpson and no doubt countless other OOCs will have been told to hang fire on signing anything for a few weeks yet. 

It'll then be absolute chaos for a number of weeks, as clubs rush to fill their squads in time for pre season.

I don't envy managers this summer. Any planning is going to be so last minute. A number of our ex-players may well have provisonal verbal agreements with other clubs. But no club is going to commit to £20k per week contracts, if the market is only going to be £12-15k.

Fun all of this, isn't it??

might make it more competitive for starting places like the old days too

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Reckon they’re all gone.  Been given their debrief last week, and for those staying given their conditioning plan for close season.

Might we hear about Rennie this week?

Absolutely.

There is no point whatsoever in anyone who has been told they are getting released having anything further to do with the club.

Would hope that Rennie & whoever else is joining are announced by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Weimann maybe.

Can’t see it with Simpson, he didn’t have a contract in the season that’s just ended until March & also started the previous season without one until joining Huddersfield in late September.

He will be relieved to be sorted so early this time & I’d be amazed if he hasn’t signed up very soon.

34 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Interesting comment in the Middlesbrough local paper about Diedhiou:

But the Senegal striker will have to rethink his demands if he wants to join Boro, or any other Championship club for that matter.

As I have previously posted , Diedhiou is in for a rude awakening. 
He will probably find himself shunted off to some club in Turkey or China playing for less money than City offered him. 
His performances since December are not going to help his case either.

How sad. 

1 hour ago, YorksRed said:

Interesting comment in the Middlesbrough local paper about Diedhiou:

But the Senegal striker will have to rethink his demands if he wants to join Boro, or any other Championship club for that matter.

I’m taking that all with a huge pinch of salt.

The media up there seem to think their role is to do Warnock’s job for them.

I remember them reporting we were willing to pay £2m for Assombalonga when he was worth nothing in transfer fee terms to Boro two days later, it read like a Boro official site story & was clearly nonsense.

Whatever we think of Famara, he is entitled to do the best deal he can for him & his family & if Boro don’t offer what he thinks is reasonable then he will end up somewhere else.

On 17/05/2021 at 08:31, Jerseybean said:

Red = senior / established player, the full article is quite good for the EP: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-nigel-pearson-transfer-5421620

Piercy writes good articles but there really should not be a focus on age.

Massengo is 19 but has already made 52 Championship appearances, Bakinson is 22 with 34 now & Semenyo is 21 with 58.

All three can therefore reasonably be called a part of the senior squad, neither Pring who will be 24 next season or Cundy, who is 24 later on this month, haven’t made any (or even made the bench) so it is far more arguable that they should.

Archived