IGNORED

11 Gone

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We'll see. 

So solid that he's only started 29 games in three seasons. And he's 34.

But in Nige we trust...the man who had worryingly little effect on the team's organisation, will to win, or creativity since arriving.  

He didn’t have a club for months so that stats a bit unfair. We need experience in one or two places & especially in the dressing room. Remember LJ saying how Wilb’s used to police the dressing room . We need leaders . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

You clearly seek attention. 
You abuse a footballer online and then think it’s funny that he’s blocked you. 
Then you revel in this by posting your oh so humorous abuse on here. 

17 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Thanks pal. Unfortunately your logic is as bad as your maths.

I’ll assume you are a copper as well then. Thick as thieves. 

9 hours ago, SecretSam said:

But you don't know that. He individually might be the absolute beans at nicking crims, it's everyone else who's bobbins. Bit like Bents in our team - one shining light.

Also, IDK how hard it is to catch burglars, having never tried, so I'm not really in a place to comment.

I DO know how hard it is to play football. Well, to play it anything other than terribly...

#Owned

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There are always strange twists and turns with OTIB threads but this must be the strangest. We’ve got comments about someone’s, alleged work performance! I’ll join in - yesterday I ironed some shirts and the result was less than perfect. Probably only 7 out of 10. 

9 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

To continue the tangent, what iron where you using? 

The number of people I see with a new fancy iron, and a substandard ironing board 🙄

9 hours ago, brady bunch said:

so your ironing performance is still better then Patto has been for us. Fordy was being harsh at 1 in 10, I reckon over the time he has been here, it is more like 1 good game in 6, but the principle remains...

Now all i need to know is for ever 10 burglars Fordy has nicked, how many of them have been banged up? 

As for me, I planted out 10 chilli plants a few weeks ago, not a single one of them has come out yet, so a 0 in 10 performance, but as footballers are my heros and role models (:laugh:), I still want paying in full for all 10 non growing plants...

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We have an ironing lady. She’s excellent value. I imagine she’s got one of those irons where the base is connected to the iron. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Anyone worked out how much in total we paid in fees for those released? Must be close to £10m I would guess. Not a great story is it, despite the largely positive response to the news. 

£13.8m I think. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Owned. Hilarious. Hope you are proud that you are defending someone who admitted to abusing one of our players online. 

Amazing how many people think it’s funny that this policeman abused a player on Twitter, so much so that the player blocked him, and he writes about it on here as if he’s some kind of comedy genius. 

Remember last week when there was a social media blackout. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

U ok hun?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Anyone worked out how much in total we paid in fees for those released? Must be close to £10m I would guess. Not a great story is it, despite the largely positive response to the news. 

Posted earlier by me.

78556246-BD82-4E21-ACF6-F53EC2A74A23.jpeg.8ad7011bdd4d43e8daee057b2207f208.jpeg

£13.3m by my maths.

Only one of the 11 signed a new contract whilst here….Pato, another reason to be critical of the previous regime.

• Like 1

Is Prince Henry playing much for the U-23s? Haven't even heard him mentioned compared to all the other young strikers that have played/been on the bench recently for the first team.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Is Prince Henry playing much for the U-23s? Haven't even heard him mentioned compared to all the other young strikers that have played/been on the bench recently for the first team.

No, been mainly 18s hasn’t he @Lrrr?

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I thought he'd moved to Canada and left the monarchy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I cant be arsed to look into it but it’s got to be well over £10m, Fam alone was £5.3m.. I’m sure Lansdown will be seething behind the scenes but the club can do little else but move forward and try and put the correct people in place to stop this from happening again.

A club of our size simply cannot afford for a mass exodus of tens of millions of pounds worth of players to walk away OOC again to be honest.

5 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

I agree he was maybe unenthused about coming here, but I think with the complete change of structure and a manager that is fit for purpose, with the opportunity to rebuild, then it is like signing for a new club.

I think he surprises a few next year and will be a senior figure in our revamp.

I hope you are right...but I personally don't see him as the main striker that will get us promotion if given the service.

It's probably slightly off topic...but I feel our downturn has gone south since we've introduced certain players, either by panic because of injuries or players sold, or because they became available from Prem clubs even though they'd been loaned out pretty much the whole time. The culture took a downturn when we started doing that.

The ' DNA' thing has been an absolute disaster imo. 

I'd want professionals who care about their job...not ones who consider football as a means to an end.

Not players who consider success by the car they drive, the holiday they take, the GF they have, the ' sweet family photo they have after noshing at KFC'...it's all bollox.

Hungry young professionals who live for being a footballer, not what a footballers wages can bring you and brag about on Instagram are what we need.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. That’d be an interesting department though. 

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

IA or the UK equivalent?

2 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Nope. Good one though.

Oh Dear, theres always one isn't there

th.jpeg-3.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. That’d be an interesting department though. 

Let’s just say a clue to the department I work on is that it’s the last department in the world you’d want working on your case! 

Lost Property? did you train with airlines?

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d be amazed if they can afford his wages!  Was allegedly on £9k p.w. here.

Yep, somewhere between £120-£150k p.w. by my calculations.  I usually err on low side.

A ducking lot!

Diedhiou £5.3m

Baker £3.5m

Walsh £0.9m

Hunt £1.5m

Adelakun £0.6m

Watkins £1.0m

Paterson £0.5m

Gilmartin free

Rowe free

Lansbury free

Mariappa free

In terms of ROI the worst pieces of business there by a country mile have to be Hunt for 1.5 million and Watkins for 1. Followed very closely by Baker.

I am not sure why Ashton could not offload Fammy earlier. Did he not make it clear he wanted out? 500k even, better than nout.

All in all a terrible indictment of the outgoing CEO.

Richard Gould seems an altogether far more grounded and qualified man and one, hopefully, who will not be so involved in player selection, cue Steve Walsh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

In terms of ROI the worst pieces of business there by a country mile have to be Hunt for 1.5 million and Watkins for 1. Followed very closely by Baker.

I am not sure why Ashton could not offload Fammy earlier. Did he not make it clear he wanted out? 500k even, better than nout.

All in all a terrible indictment of the outgoing CEO.

Richard Gould seems an altogether far more grounded and qualified man and one, hopefully, who will not be so involved in player selection, cue Steve Walsh?

That’s tough on Hunt.  How any games did he play compared to Watkins?  He has been a very decent right back, but now is the time for him to move on.  Not a bad bit of business though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s tough on Hunt.  How any games did he play compared to Watkins?  He has been a very decent right back, but now is the time for him to move on.  Not a bad bit of business though.

Admittedly I only saw him about 8 times at AG and about 20 times live but in every game he was poor and that's being kind. Perhaps he excelled in the games I did not see but 28 games is a fair number of his, what?, 60 games for City? So, even if he excelled in those, being a mediocre player is a standard NP could never tolerate. 1.5 million is still a huge amount of money. Was Rowe, for free, 1.5 million worse?

I never rated either of them; always looked like stop gaps to me and poor ones at that.

Hope you’re all proud of yourselves. 

Mind you don't get hurt, climbing off that high horse.

Edited by SecretSam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveF said:

You should have a rib or two removed so you can suck yourself off.

Thank you so much for this information I now know where spare ribs from supermarkets and butchers come from. Think I'll stick to burgers Unless you know more?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Oh Dear, theres always one isn't there

th.jpeg-3.jpg

48 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Mind you don't get hurt, climbing off that high horse.

29 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Mummy will help him down

So do you 2 think it’s ok for people to abuse footballers on Twitter then? 
I’ll assume from your responses that you do. 
Your collusion is part of the problem. 

Judging from your historical posts, I’m assuming you are both quite old. Why are you sniggering like children over social media abuse. May be time to grow up. 

Edited by Enter Sandman
  • Like 2