IGNORED

11 Gone

26 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Disappointing. I really don't get the logic re-Walsh

In NP we trust though.....

To be honest, I believe Walsh may have already decided he wasn’t going to sign during the season. Not a lot NP could do

Edited by RedRaw
Typo
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Absolute disgrace that Walsh is gone. Will be picked up by another Championship club without a doubt.

But we have no clue what his wage demands were for a player that has not played for us this year. I prefer to trust NP knows more about if he was worth keeping than you.

Don't blame the club without completely knowing what's gone on there. It isn't as straight forward as simply releasing some. Some might've refused terms offered.

Mentioned earlier on in the thread but I heard previously that Liam Walsh was offered terms and didn't accept.

• Like 2

Walsh quite clearly never intended in staying, from Liverpool & ex-Everton so probably has a bit of a “super” agent who has filled his head somewhere along the lines. As talented as he may be, i can’t see him going further than the championship, especially with his “injury” record.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We’re keeping Weimann that’s the main thing but as others have said the Walsh one does surprise me a little but who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Would have tried to keep Pato as well but I can’t say i’m disappointed the others are leaving the club. 

Huge rebuilding job for the summer then!

13 players 24 or over under contract with two of those being back up goalkeepers! (plus potentially Simpson and Weimann)

WE REALLY NEED THAT CEO + DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL / HEAD OF RECRUITMENT THROUGH THE DOOR ASAP!

image.thumb.png.f02874ecddab6be3faa5be3803a0f251.png

• Like 1

Expect Walsh is player's choice, can't see Pearson not wanting him to stay on after commenting how impressed he was by his game intelligence. Is there anything to so though that Walsh couldn't sign on before end of June? I know there's a contract talks ongoing section but could be Walsh has just said his intention is to leave atm?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Great to see the clearout beginning.

Don’t disagree with any. 

Walsh not done enough for a contract imo, constantly injured and much better players out there for us to get.

Same, not fully sure why Walsh has been labelled the next big thing by some on here.

Done nothing apart from being injured in 3 and a half years at the club, had 1 decent loan spell in League 1 & people act like he is gonna be huge. Highly doubt he was any better than Luke Freeman in League 1 & i remember a lot of people being delighted when we shifted him on to QPR

Bit gutted Walsh has gone, but hey ho - the clear out is in full swing! Lots of work to do. I didn't enjoy reading that squad list! Here's hoping we know what we want and get it done in good time. Don't want to have our pants pulled down by agents who know we need bodies and it'd be great to get a good pre season in so the new bodies can bed in. 

Well, if that’s what required to change the Club’s DNA then so be it. 

Ashton came in and destroyed Cotts DNA legacy - which just needed tweaking. Think it’s a root and branch to deal with Aston’s legacy. So it’s an ‘ok’ with me, but four years and £millions wasted there to effectively go backwards on the pitch. 

Would be feeling a bit more at ease if we announce a wise and experienced head scout is joining us with a decent scouting network today. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

We’re keeping Weimann that’s the main thing but as others have said the Walsh one does surprise me a little but who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Would have tried to keep Pato as well but I can’t say i’m disappointed the others are leaving the club. 

He hasn't signed yet.

Walsh, Diedhiou offered contracts. Did not want to sign, so bye and thanks.

All the others would be expected.  Over 24s 13 players, with 3 goalkeeper's. under 24 some great prospects.

With 11 plus Sessegnon going big wages savings. I would expect Nigel to go after 6 over 24,s.

So this week players going from the mens and ladies teams plus backroom staff. I can wait to see who will be coming in over the summer months. COYRs.

• Like 5