IGNORED

11 Gone

Really pleased with that. Love how open the club are being as well regarding Simpson and Weimann talks ongoing, they easily could've just not mentioned them. Going to be strange when Fam, Bakes and a few others are at other clubs but we need a refresher. Another step of the big summer complete. COYR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

This is massively exciting. The wage budget free up on those lot going is massive. No wonder Nige said he was really exciting. 

Yes, thats what im thinking!! Some were obvious but others we have been speculating for months about who might stay... seeing baker walsh and fam on the list draws a line under this season now....

Re walsh, he is 6 years older than alex scott, the room for improvement in Scott is massive, id rather he gets that place in the squad rather than someone who has contributed practically nothing over the last 3 years.

• Like 15

Obviously we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes if any of these players were offered anything etc but am I the only one who would of liked to have seen Tommy Rowe offered another couple of years? versatile squad player 

• Like 1

Let’s just hope any incomings are quality over quantity, actually much better than what we already have or have had and also hold some future sale value rather than being expensive end of career players 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This is massively exciting. The wage budget free up on those lot going is massive. No wonder Nige said he was really exciting. 

I think this is a false dawn to be honest. 

Whole it's free up some wages, we have to keep in mind how much we were already overspending under the tail end of LJs tenure and this season. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do people still think we only need 5 or 6 new players through the door then????

I said 8 minimum weeks ago and I'm sticking with that.

I think we need 10 personally. The squad is very thin now, and that's including 3 keepers and not even taking into account Bentley/Semenyo could still go.

Has anyone got the info to hand on how much in transfer fees spent has just walked out of the door, without us managing to get them contracted so we could at least recoup a transfer fee for them?

I would be interested to see how many lost millions went into investing in players that have led us to 19th in the Championship.

When I have got my head around that figure then we can start to talk about recruitment policy and the management of players when they are employees at this club.

As for Liam Walsh, this is a player that personifies everything that is wrong with this club over his time here. Signed for a 7 figure fee, deemed not good enough, sent on loan and was player of the year for a promoted side, injured on his return with no apparent ability to rehabilitate him.

Absolute shambles. Can’t blame the kid for walking away. Lots on here saying he is not worth the hype, my view is that he is a proper footballer and will thrive and shine at this level in a proper club that has not been a run like a vanity project and a circus for years.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

Everyone getting hung up on Walsh cos he had one good season in League 1. He’s done nothing in this league yet.

It was clear he didn’t wanna be here after he liked City’s Instagram post of the 3-1 defeat to Brentford.

See ya.

Edited by RedEyez
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Nick Wilde said:

Obviously we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes if any of these players were offered anything etc but am I the only one who would of liked to have seen Tommy Rowe offered another couple of years? versatile squad player 

I would’ve agreed in January. The second half of this season he’s looked absolutely shot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Think he will be handy to keep around, even if its just for another season, we did miss his energy this season, whether or not he would of contributed much to the final standings.

Said loads of times now, but he's so underrated. A goal or assist in every (less than) 3 games since he's been here. How we needed that this season.

• Like 6

Walsh did not want to stay anyway. No shock on the list , we let them all go. More a worry that of the contracted players over 23 , 13 of them in total  , 3 are goalkeepers , one has never played in the Championship

Nige must be confident he has a recruitment team lined up, and it is NOT Gilhepsy , not by a country mile.

• Like 1

Losing Walsh is the one that really irks me. Seems there's some disagreement about it on here, but I felt he looked really promising and could comfortably do a job for us in the championship.

More frustrating is the poor planning is shows. Signed a young player for a million or so - invested years of time, money and effort in developing him - get next to no value out of him on the pitch - lose him for free once he's up to championship standard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WirralRobin said:

Disappointing. I really don't get the logic re-Walsh

In NP we trust though.....

Very disappointing, but as you say we have to get behind NP and his decisions - although I doubt this outcome was what he wanted.

Very interested to see how Walsh gets on at his next club, especially when playing against us next season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do people still think we only need 5 or 6 new players through the door then????

I said 8 minimum weeks ago and I'm sticking with that.

Pearson said he likes working with a reduced squad, 5/6 added to the 18 listed below would leave you with a 23/24 man squad before any of the younger players may be sticking around the first team squad like Scott, Conway, Pearson etc, any departures from the list of 18 would obviously mean an incoming but I don't think 5 or 6 is an unrealistic number atm as Pearson said it wouldn't be a 1 summer fix. 

Edit - And that's before Weimann and Simpson added as well so 25/26 man squad with them.

1. Dan Bentley
  2. Robbie Cundy
  3. Tomas Kalas
  4. Chris Martin
  5. Taylor Moore
  6. Ádám Nagy
  7. Callum O’Dowda
  8. Max O’Leary
  9. Kasey Palmer
  10. Zak Vyner
  11. Nahki Wells
  12. Joe Williams
  13. Jojo Wollacott
  14. Tyreeq Bakinson
  15. Jay Dasilva
  16. Han-Noah Massengo
  17. Cameron Pring
  18. Antoine Semenyo

Other Players Under-24
Khari Allen
Sam Bell
Ayman Benarous
Louis Britton
William Buse
Tommy Conway
Owura Edwards
Marlee Francois
Prince Henry
Saikou Janneh
Joe Low
James Morton
George Nurse
Josh Owers
Sam Pearson
Joe Porton
Alex Scott
Barney Soady
James Taylor
Ryley Towler
Harvey Wiles-Richards
Nathaniel Williams
Callum Wood

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Everyone getting hung up on Walsh cos he had one good season in League 1. He’s done nothing in this league yet.

It was clear he didn’t wanna be here after he liked City’s Instagram post of the 3-1 defeat to Brentford.

See ya.

Exactly. I think he'd made his mind up he didn't want to be here after his loan. Won't be surprised if he goes back to Coventry. If that happens there would also be a question about how real the injury really was. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Disappointing. I really don't get the logic re-Walsh

In NP we trust though.....

Maybe he wasn’t interested in resigning for us and wanted to move on. Just because he had been ‘released’ doesn’t tell us everything!! We might of offered him terms.

4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

See ya.

No doubt we will next season - let's hope he proves as ineffectual against City as you seem to believe he will.

• Thanks 1

Wonder if walsh was the player being referred to on the night out bragging he got a 20k a week contract elsewhere? Might make sense if he’s been released. The only one out of the players mentioned with him that may be offered a contract like that

• Like 1

Just now, Lrrr said:

Pearson said he likes working with a reduced squad, 5/6 added to the 18 listed below would leave you with a 23/24 man squad before any of the younger players may be sticking around the first team squad like Scott, Conway, Pearson etc, any departures from the list of 18 would obviously mean an incoming but I don't think 5 or 6 is an unrealistic number atm as Pearson said it wouldn't be a 1 summer fix.

1. Dan Bentley
  2. Robbie Cundy
  3. Tomas Kalas
  4. Chris Martin
  5. Taylor Moore
  6. Ádám Nagy
  7. Callum O’Dowda
  8. Max O’Leary
  9. Kasey Palmer
  10. Zak Vyner
  11. Nahki Wells
  12. Joe Williams
  13. Jojo Wollacott
  14. Tyreeq Bakinson
  15. Jay Dasilva
  16. Han-Noah Massengo
  17. Cameron Pring
  18. Antoine Semenyo

Other Players Under-24
Khari Allen
Sam Bell
Ayman Benarous
Louis Britton
William Buse
Tommy Conway
Owura Edwards
Marlee Francois
Prince Henry
Saikou Janneh
Joe Low
James Morton
George Nurse
Josh Owers
Sam Pearson
Joe Porton
Alex Scott
Barney Soady
James Taylor
Ryley Towler
Harvey Wiles-Richards
Nathaniel Williams
Callum Wood

That's assuming all of those 18 stay, which they won't. I would expect one or two of those youngsters to be around the first team squad, the rest will go on loan.

I took what Nige said about there not being major changes this summer with a pinch of salt at the time. It is clear as day that major changes are needed.

This summer will be more revolution than evolution. It has to be after the past few years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very disappointing, but as you say we have to get behind NP and his decisions - although I doubt this outcome was what he wanted.

Very interested to see how Walsh gets on at his next club, especially when playing against us next season. 

I had high hopes for Walsh but it has been evident for a couple of seasons now our midfield has been very weak and easily pushed aside. Walsh would certainly come into this category as did Massengo but he had bulked up and become a different player. We really need players who can boss the midfield and be much more threatening to the opposition. We have the youngsters coming through, on a lesser salary who can become as good as Walsh. Sad but makes sense. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

That's assuming all of those 18 stay, which they won't. I would expect one or two of those youngsters to be around the first team squad, the rest will go on loan.

I took what Nige said about there not being major changes this summer with a pinch of salt at the time. It is clear as day that major changes are needed.

This summer will be more revolution than evolution. It has to be after the past few years.

I did say if there was a reduction in that list of 18 it would mean an additional incoming, point being I think Nigel wants to  be around the 25 mark plus youngsters brought in. Only interesting part for me is will youngsters be loaned out or kept with the 23's should Nigel want them...