IGNORED

Richard Gould - New CEO

headhunter

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm very concerned that we've not gone for a an experienced football CEO

He was at City as Commercial Director years ago then went and cut his teeth as a CEO at Somerset and Surrey. As much as I despise everything about Surrey they're a massive club and possibly still bigger than BCFC. Football heritage is in his family.. 

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Good news, seems like he's been a huge part at Surrey (don't follow cricket). Worried about the mid June bit, does that mean that we're going to be stuck in limbo until then with regards to getting deals over the line etc?

You would imagine JL would be the one dealing with offers/deals until then unless we bring in a head of recruitment and Gould just deals with the day to day. 

He took Surrey to the next level. Overlooked 2 expansions on the oval, pretty much doubled their revenue and even turned a profit in the pandemic (no mean feat). 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm not. He has worked at City before, comes from a footballing family and has wide sport and business knowledge. His work at both Somerset and Surrey cricket clubs has been excellent. Ashton did have a football background but we all know what many thought of him on here. If we recruit a head of recruitment then his role may not be the same as MAs   

• The title was changed to Richard Gould - New CEO
3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I’ve lost track of all our behind the scenes outgoings to Ipswich

We have a CEO now, what realistically do we still need to recruit for upstairs and back room etc? 

I believe the form is to take them from the prior CEOs company.

Welcome Alec Stewart.

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

If he is looking after the commercial side of things then he is a very good appointment. I hope and expect we're going to appoint someone below him to head up the football operations and recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

If he is looking after the commercial side of things then he is a very good appointment. I hope and expect we're going to appoint someone below him to head up the football operations and recruitment. 

I'd have thought with this appointment a DOF / Head of Recruitment is a definite and just a matter of time ??

Could be a bit of a dream team!

11 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Not starting until mid June.  So, who is doing the negotiations then? Surely we are going to wait until mid June to start recruiting? 

I imagine the CEO role for Gould will be slightly different to that performed by Mark Ashton. An additional appointment to be made with this person to have purely recruitment responsibilities?

Archived