IGNORED

Pato’s Farewell Tweets…

Silvio Dante

Paterson’s performance away at Man City showed he could cut it with the best of them on his day. Unfortunately it was the lack of consistency that, in my view at least, stopped him playing at the highest level in the premier league. Who knows he might still get a shot at it.

Would certainly wish him all the best in any future move he makes.

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Imo I reckon it was Wells, FD and O'Dowda. I just get the vibes they all don't want to be here and think they're better than they really are.

This season I also got bad apple vibes from Kalas and Joe Williams this season have been somewhat open with their criticism. Granted my views are completely based on what's been fed to me on what i've read online and seen on interviews. So just a shot in the dark really. 

I'm not so sure on O'Dowda. He's been here for years and seems well liked. If the club has drifted away from the feel when Pato arrived, I feel it'd be surprising if the one player who has been here longer than him was involved.

It'd be really interesting to know what the players' view of FD is. Before this season I've always got the impression - albeit from afar - that he's well-liked but obviously a situation where he is the only player offered a contract and the CEO goes on record saying we can't afford to offer anyone else a deal, combined with an apparent lack of effort, surely has to have an impact?

Wells is hard to judge. It'd be easy to conclude that he doesn't obviously fit into the team and performances have gone down the drain since he arrived but there are lots of reasons why performances may have dropped and him not being an obvious fit on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't get on with people.

I've wondered about Kalas too - much as the fans loved his impassioned interviews, I don't know how players will feel about being dug out publicly by one of their teammates, particularly given how his own performances tailed off. It was also notable that, toward the end of the season, he was the only one not taking a knee before games. I don't want to open that whole discussion up again but, whatever anyone thinks of taking the knee, the fact one player is setting themselves apart from a gesture from the rest of their teammates surely has to have an impact on the togetherness of the team...

Things have obviously gone stale over the last few years and when your losing most weeks and not playing well the team spirit will obviously erode. I think that's what he's getting at rather then any personality issues.  It happens in all walks of life and workplaces.

I can see him heading to Stoke where Holden clearly rates him.

Big summer recruitment drive ahead of us at Ashton Gate where we need at least 6 first team quality signings to come in and hit the ground running

Will be sad to see Pato go, would have been one of the few players i would have been happy to stay.

3 goals in the first 4 games this season where we played our best and only football until after the Barnselona away game where the wheels came off for the rest of our season.

Good luck Pato.

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not so sure on O'Dowda. He's been here for years and seems well liked. If the club has drifted away from the feel when Pato arrived, I feel it'd be surprising if the one player who has been here longer than him was involved.

It'd be really interesting to know what the players' view of FD is. Before this season I've always got the impression - albeit from afar - that he's well-liked but obviously a situation where he is the only player offered a contract and the CEO goes on record saying we can't afford to offer anyone else a deal, combined with an apparent lack of effort, surely has to have an impact?

Wells is hard to judge. It'd be easy to conclude that he doesn't obviously fit into the team and performances have gone down the drain since he arrived but there are lots of reasons why performances may have dropped and him not being an obvious fit on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't get on with people.

I've wondered about Kalas too - much as the fans loved his impassioned interviews, I don't know how players will feel about being dug out publicly by one of their teammates, particularly given how his own performances tailed off. It was also notable that, toward the end of the season, he was the only one not taking a knee before games. I don't want to open that whole discussion up again but, whatever anyone thinks of taking the knee, the fact one player is setting themselves apart from a gesture from the rest of their teammates surely has to have an impact on the togetherness of the team...

Idk, COD took a long time to sign a contract didn't he? His head got turned by Leeds I recall and I think it got to his head and it felt like he accepted because there was nothing else probably. This is completely based on my speculation really but I think he's wanted out of Bristol City for a few years.

I feel you can be well liked but still a bad apple, FD is 100% liked but I imagine his moving on shennigans and still playing is a bit weird 

Agree with the rest of what you wrote there. 

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

Any reason why you say this?

If you look at Jamie Patersons latest Instagram story it appears him and Wells were close.

Wasn't suggesting any particular issue between those two. 

Yeh, and to be honest I'm probably guilty of making a prejudiced assumption about a certain player I've not warmed to.

54 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Look how tight-knit that squad of players were when he arrived at the club versus now. That's what he's getting at...

We've sold all the big personalities and leaders in the changing room and not replaced them. 

Agreed, we need to rebuild "the team", not just bring in players. 

26 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

When he was good, he was bloody good !

Sadly he was also very inconsistent (like many of our current squad).

Not sure he could claim that he "gave 110% every game" ?!

Spot on mate.

Maybe he meant 110% mediocrity? 

I read his tweet as a 'thanks for the wages, and the good times'...

'Looks like from here on, hard work is going to be expected, and possibly demanded, so yeah, sorry to be leaving, but I reckon I should be able to get another deal in this division and if I'm lucky, it'll be that family atmosphere I crave'.

59 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Look how tight-knit that squad of players were when he arrived at the club versus now. That's what he's getting at...

We've sold all the big personalities and leaders in the changing room and not replaced them. 

I would agree but considering the amount of current players posting very nice messages on his insta post, i’m more inclined to believe his comment is aimed at the current regime. Either way, times are a changin.

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Not exactly a high ceiling to aim for though....

Just judging it on similar players at this club.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sadly, 'his day' was rarely on a Saturday or a Tuesday.

Sunday and a Wednesday?

38 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

When he was good, he was bloody good !

Sadly he was also very inconsistent (like many of our current squad).

Not sure he could claim that he "gave 110% every game" ?!

he could have done.  if you heard joe bryans interview,he had games where he got stifled and gave him headaches,made him play worse. suppose it could happen to anyone. one of our young players kept getting hacked down recently,must really put them off their stroke

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I read his tweet as a 'thanks for the wages, and the good times'...

'Looks like from here on, hard work is going to be expected, and possibly demanded, so yeah, sorry to be leaving, but I reckon I should be able to get another deal in this division and if I'm lucky, it'll be that family atmosphere I crave'.

Another spot on post for me.

His family feel point says to me what was wrong with the club, not what was right. 

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Still think he is a better player than COD. Good luck to him on his day he was superb.

Out of likes and agree, it’s a shame COD isn’t out of contract as well!

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Still think he is a better player than COD. Good luck to him on his day he was superb.

Maybe but COD is under contract so unless we can persuade someone to pay him close to £10k a week then we're stuck with him for the forseeable.   Flattered to deceive.

7 minutes ago, One Team said:

Another spot on post for me.

His family feel point says to me what was wrong with the club, not what was right. 

Out of likes and agree, it’s a shame COD isn’t out of contract as well!

Everyone slating O'Dowda but I felt he was one of the few who at least put 100% in. Can't say the same with Pato, Diedhiou, among others. 

Actually had a few good games before getting crocked.

Few of the senior pros, him included, needed to carry the flame that was the spirit of that squad. All too easy to say he hopes it comes back, he could’ve and arguably should’ve made it so. 

great player on his day, but he’s walking away with a shrug of the shoulders in my opinion. We are in this mess as much as anything because too many players coasted, nothing great is ever achieved in your comfort zone.

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wasn't suggesting any particular issue between those two. 

Yeh, and to be honest I'm probably guilty of making a prejudiced assumption about a certain player I've not warmed to.

I fear you may still be bang on the money, I am not ITK, but Wells whole demeanor stinks of poor attitude, not wanting to be here and not the slightest bit interested in the club who pays his wage. I hope I (and you) are wrong, but I fear not!

Archived