IGNORED

Pato’s Farewell Tweets…

Silvio Dante

7 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I fear you may still be bang on the money, I am not ITK, but Wells whole demeanor stinks of poor attitude, not wanting to be here and not the slightest bit interested in the club who pays his wage. I hope I (and you) are wrong, but I fear not!

I see it differently. Runs a lot, tracks back quite a bit when out on the wing. Top goal scorer (not hard this season but hasn’t played his preferred position for the most)

I just don’t understand the claims being made that he’s not interested, he seems buzzing every time we win & ****** off when we lose. 

We’ve got a player who’s done well almost everywhere else he’s been, been promoted from the division & some fans see him as the problem based off how his face looks when he’s not played in or misses a chance?

Pleased to see Pato going. I wish him well but so so many times when games were tough, he went missing. When as a senior player you might have looked to him for leadership he was invisible. Undoubtedly a skilful player and when the team was going well he was at his best and scored some great goals. But if you want a team that is competitive and will fight to the last to get a result he is the last player you would want in your team. 

Time to draw a line under all of these released 'footballers'. Might do well at other clubs but they were terrible this season and deserve to be cut.

No place for sentiment now. Thanks for the good times (you earned the pay then) but all stole a wage this season so I won't be missing any of them. 

Pleased that so many are gone to free up the budget for new FRESH players to come in. 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Everyone slating O'Dowda but I felt he was one of the few who at least put 100% in. Can't say the same with Pato, Diedhiou, among others. 

Actually had a few good games before getting crocked.

Agreed.

But look at how long we have had to wait for the better performances.

Good player when we were playing well however need consistency in performances and Grit in order to get promoted. Think from an outside perspective he was one of those who was abit too comfortable. A change is needed for city in regards to players and type of players. 

Don’t get the negative views about O’dowda, yeah his goals and assists aren’t the best however always puts in 100% and tracks back constantly. Maybe with Pearson he can excel.

I for one am sorry to Paterson go, a much maligned underrated player on these pages.

So many people quote his displays as inconsistent and to a degree that is correct. What is not taken into account, are the times he's been shifted around within the team from central attacking, to left side and occasionally on the right. His defensive qualities are not amongst his strongest attributes, yet he's been selected and asked to play the wide left position on numerous occasions, from memory, not long after performing well in a central position. I'm not saying he's a Grealish type player but, for him to be consistent, he needs selecting consistently in a position which uses his abilities to the best. I don't believe that's happened regularly enough for BCFC. 

Good luck for the future Pato. 

Has anyone seen anything else from any other player? Or is Paterson the only one to put something out publicly? Obviously there's no expectation on a player to do so, but I'd be surprised if we get nothing from the likes of first team regulars like Fam, Baker and Hunt. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Has anyone seen anything else from any other player? Or is Paterson the only one to put something out publicly? Obviously there's no expectation on a player to do so, but I'd be surprised if we get nothing from the likes of first team regulars like Fam, Baker and Hunt. 

I was thinking the same earlier. Sadly, i think their silence speaks a thousand words. Did they ever care? Perhaps Nige has got it spot on.

On the other hand, they could all post something soon once the dust settles and I’ll have to get the pie out the oven. 

6 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I was thinking the same earlier. Sadly, i think their silence speaks a thousand words. Did they ever care? Perhaps Nige has got it spot on.

On the other hand, they could all post something soon once the dust settles and I’ll have to get the pie out the oven. 

To be fair, if you're Marley Watkins and have played 27 games for us in 3 years...would you care, really? I probably wouldn't. Honestly for those like him any heartfelt posts just seem thin and cheap.

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I guess the major question is who the bad apples are.

One thing that strikes me is that the eleven players who are leaving include several who've been there for a few years, plus people like Rowe and Gilmartin who it is a bit tough to envisage as bad apples. I do worry that, if there are players that aren't great for the morale of the squad, they may not necessarily be the ones that have gone to date and I wonder if more sales will be necessary and possible over the summer. 

Seen a few tweets (paraphrased) “good riddance”, “didn’t put in 100%”.  Talk about tarring all 11 with the sand brush.  The expression of bad apples is so true.  Just one or two drag the whole team down.

Tommy Rowe - I cannot see him as anything other than “model-pro”.  Insulting to say he didn’t put in 100%.

3 hours ago, brady bunch said:

I fear you may still be bang on the money, I am not ITK, but Wells whole demeanor stinks of poor attitude, not wanting to be here and not the slightest bit interested in the club who pays his wage. I hope I (and you) are wrong, but I fear not!

I genuinely don’t see that.  I see a player frustrated (sometimes with himself, sometimes his teammates) not poor attitude.  Played LW half a season having never played there before….has done his tracking back, etc.  So, he doesn’t smile very often….there hasn’t been much to smile about for 6 months.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair, if you're Marley Watkins and have played 27 games for us in 3 years...would you care, really? I probably wouldn't. Honestly for those like him any heartfelt posts just seem thin and cheap.

Yeh for sure and the same goes for Adelakun, Walsh to an extent too  .. but would have expected something from Baker and Fam.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Look how tight-knit that squad of players were when he arrived at the club versus now. That's what he's getting at...

We've sold all the big personalities and leaders in the changing room and not replaced them. 

It was noticeable early in the season . Semenyo got kicked up in the air right by the dug outs. Not one player ran over to protect him. That tells you a hell of a lot. It’s one thing bringing decent players in , but getting that team spirit back will take a while . 

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I see it differently. Runs a lot, tracks back quite a bit when out on the wing. Top goal scorer (not hard this season but hasn’t played his preferred position for the most)

I just don’t understand the claims being made that he’s not interested, he seems buzzing every time we win & ****** off when we lose. 

We’ve got a player who’s done well almost everywhere else he’s been, been promoted from the division & some fans see him as the problem based off how his face looks when he’s not played in or misses a chance?

Agree. He’s had a lot of stick on here, from me occasionally . However he’s played most of his time with us with either little or no service , playing out of position or both. Never seen him lack effort though. Play to his strengths & he’ll get 15-20 goals next season imo 

3 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Few of the senior pros, him included, needed to carry the flame that was the spirit of that squad. All too easy to say he hopes it comes back, he could’ve and arguably should’ve made it so. 

great player on his day, but he’s walking away with a shrug of the shoulders in my opinion. We are in this mess as much as anything because too many players coasted, nothing great is ever achieved in your comfort zone.

Good post. He is looking to everyone else for leadership.

As a senior player he should have been driving that and take some ownership of the situation, not turn around looking to others and asking himself why the team spirit has gone. It's the mindset we have witnessed on field for too long to remember that brought about this season's level of performance that is normally followed by relegation. We can count ourselves lucky we are still in the Championship and even luckier 11 players are out the door. Paterson was part of the problem.

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is my absolute fave Marley Watkins quote... has anything ever been written that’s more bollocks?

image.png.390c749622268c13a0cd177dedec6d49.png

5 hours ago, One Team said:

Surely the family feel is what we need to get rid of? 

Pato is not going to be missed by me that’s for sure. 

Umm.... I don’t have a problem with that reference to a ‘family feel’ personally. 

Family members will watch your back, be supportive, put the extra mile in. A good team spirit, is often the basis of success.

Regrettably, Ashton’s DNA profiling replaced the ‘family feel’ developed under Cotts with a collection of individuals who seem to have no relationship with or understanding of each other. Jesz, does that show on the pitch. 

Seems to me Pato is a nice bloke, the sort you would want your daughter to bring home.

As a footballer, he could be a match winner on his day. Unfortunately, those days were once every couple of months. 

Was my favourite player of the current squad. As others on this thread have already mentioned when we were playing well over the last 3/4 seasons he was often key to this. Even early this season it was him and Weimann that seemed to be making Dean Holden’s system function.

Imagine there will be a number of championship clubs interested in his services.

1 minute ago, The Gambler said:

Was my favourite player of the current squad. As others on this thread have already mentioned when we were playing well over the last 3/4 seasons he was often key to this. Even early this season it was him and Weimann that seemed to be making Dean Holden’s system function.

Imagine there will be a number of championship clubs interested in his services.

Stoke imho.  Possibly Forest, don’t expect Coventry (his hometown team) to be able to afford him

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stoke imho.  Possibly Forest, don’t expect Coventry (his hometown team) to be able to afford him

I don’t think Forest would welcome him back. They know what he’s about... well, the fans certainly do. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Seen a few tweets (paraphrased) “good riddance”, “didn’t put in 100%”.  Talk about tarring all 11 with the sand brush.  The expression of bad apples is so true.  Just one or two drag the whole team down.

Tommy Rowe - I cannot see him as anything other than “model-pro”.  Insulting to say he didn’t put in 100%.

I genuinely don’t see that.  I see a player frustrated (sometimes with himself, sometimes his teammates) not poor attitude.  Played LW half a season having never played there before….has done his tracking back, etc.  So, he doesn’t smile very often….there hasn’t been much to smile about for 6 months.

Yeah - with Rowe, I feel the major issue was the fact he was a very decent league one attacking midfielder/winger who ended up being our primary left back for much of the last two seasons. Quality was an issue, especially last season, but effort definitely was not.

In truth there are very few players we are releasing where attitude was my main issue. Diedhiou has left under a cloud but Watkins, Adelakun, Gilmartin, Hunt and Rowe simply lacked the necessary quality to push us on, Walsh, Lansbury and Baker have primarily struggled due to fitness, Mariappa didn’t have age on his side and Paterson struggled with consistency. I get why all - bar maybe Walsh - have been released but with them well elsewhere.

I really want to be proved wrong on Wells but I just don’t see him ever fitting in here and us getting the best out of him. I don’t blame him for that - I think he was the wrong signing at the wrong time and we never really had a plan for how to use him - but I also don’t see us moving to players and a system that utilise him in the way QPR did where they were basically built to his strengths.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Look how tight-knit that squad of players were when he arrived at the club versus now. That's what he's getting at...

We've sold all the big personalities and leaders in the changing room and not replaced them. 

And my guess is because LJ wanted to be top dog and couldnt/wouldn't accept that some players were held in a higher regard than him.

Absolutely no evidence to back this up mind you, just a gut feeling I've had about Johnson for a long while.

6 hours ago, Fuber said:

Everyone slating O'Dowda but I felt he was one of the few who at least put 100% in. Can't say the same with Pato, Diedhiou, among others. 

Actually had a few good games before getting crocked.

Agree with this to an extent.

O'Dowda certainly has a lot of talent but nobody has managed to find his most productive position yet. Is he a winger, a 10, a wingback a CM? He's been tried in all those positions but hasn't really been able to produce consistently in any of them.

Whether that is down to him or because he hasn't been given a regular run of games in any of those positions I have no idea, but there is definitely a player in there somewhere. 

I thinks Paterson is a very decent player. Accomplished and quite skilfull with an eye to goal or an assist. He has been, i think i am right in saying, our longest serving or 2nd longest serving player after O'Dowda. But will he be missed? I think his skill set is an important trait for a midfielder and one would assume NP is looking to find a player who has similar capabilities but is physically stronger in the tackle. Missed, yes, but not if we replace with better.

Thanks for coming to City Pato. I enjoyed watching you, especially those darting runs culminating in some great goals and just when we needed them in a game.

I think he will find another club in the Championship if he can turn his fitness issues around or convince them that it was the fault of Rolls not him!

Archived