IGNORED

Pato’s Farewell Tweets…

Silvio Dante

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Has anyone seen anything else from any other player? Or is Paterson the only one to put something out publicly? Obviously there's no expectation on a player to do so, but I'd be surprised if we get nothing from the likes of first team regulars like Fam, Baker and Hunt. 

Paterson is probably the more prolific of those released on (public) social media accounts than the rest so you’d expect him to put something up quicker?

Some of them might have decent moves lined up and have chosen to not seek a renewal so can be fairly relaxed about their “release”.

Some might actually have wanted to stay (based on current wage or even just being settled) and are a bit annoyed they’ve not been offered anything. 

11 hours ago, Rob k said:

I thought the time was right for Pato to go but from what a close friend who would know tells me he was one of the good guys...

good luck to him 

I’m glad to hear this

when I think of players who have bad games but don’t intend to have those bad patches he’s one of them. On his day he was class but for whatever reason he couldn’t keep that level consistently.

he was fantastic in that cup run season and until he got sick

16 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Agree with this to an extent.

O'Dowda certainly has a lot of talent but nobody has managed to find his most productive position yet. Is he a winger, a 10, a wingback a CM? He's been tried in all those positions but hasn't really been able to produce consistently in any of them.

Whether that is down to him or because he hasn't been given a regular run of games in any of those positions I have no idea, but there is definitely a player in there somewhere. 

Id argue that he's never had a run of more than three games in a single position either, which is likely the bigger problem. 

14 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’m glad to hear this

when I think of players who have bad games but don’t intend to have those bad patches he’s one of them. On his day he was class but for whatever reason he couldn’t keep that level consistently.

he was fantastic in that cup run season and until he got sick

Spoke to him after the Man City game, he was absolutely gutted , wore his heart on his sleeve.

I’ve said it before on previous threads but I really like Paterson and rate him highly. Yes he could be inconsistent but players of his type who aren’t right at the top level of the game usually are. He always showed for the ball, took a good set piece and was a menace for the opposition even when not on top form. 

In a squad that lacks goals and creativity almost completely, we will really miss him. And, in our current state, we’ll do very well to replace him with someone better. I imagine he’ll go elsewhere in the Championship and do a good job wherever he ends up. 

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

Id argue that he's never had a run of more than three games in a single position either, which is likely the bigger problem. 

Couldn't agree more, as I posted previously. He'd have a couple of good games centrally, then get picked to play out wide to accommodate a returning player or change of formation, then be asked to include defending as part of his game, which wasn't his strongest point.

It's unfair this continued theme of his inconsistency. If Gerry Gow or Hartley were picked centrally one week, then out wide the next, they'd be inconsistent. Just as Gerrard and Lampard were for England or anyone else asked to fill in on the left.

18 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I thinks Paterson is a very decent player. Accomplished and quite skilfull with an eye to goal or an assist. He has been, i think i am right in saying, our longest serving or 2nd longest serving player after O'Dowda. But will he be missed? I think his skill set is an important trait for a midfielder and one would assume NP is looking to find a player who has similar capabilities but is physically stronger in the tackle. Missed, yes, but not if we replace with better.

Thanks for coming to City Pato. I enjoyed watching you, especially those darting runs culminating in some great goals and just when we needed them in a game.

I think he will find another club in the Championship if he can turn his fitness issues around or convince them that it was the fault of Rolls not him!

Agreed

Bye bye 

16 hours ago, redsocks said:

Best wishes Pato be missed by some of us.now hes gone some of you on this forum will have to find someone else to slag off each game.whos next ?.

Whoever is our next player who only turns up in one in five or so games!  

There’s no doubting Pato’s ability when on form, but when he isn’t, he often offers virtually nothing.  

You can’t expect to do well in the Championship if you’re often playing with ten men effectively.

He’s given us some great memories, but sadly there are far more games when you forgot he was even on the field.

23 hours ago, redsocks said:

Best wishes Pato be missed by some of us.now hes gone some of you on this forum will have to find someone else to slag off each game.whos next ?.

Paterson has more technical quality than many who have pulled on the red shirt. Yet I have greater respect for many who didn't have one tenth of the skill that Paterson has because every time they played for City, they gave their all for the cause. I could name hundreds who would never come anywhere near the legends of Bristol City list of any fans. Their efforts are/were not significant but they gave everything they had.

Can Paterson claim that he did? I think not!

8 hours ago, Jacki said:

I’ve said it before on previous threads but I really like Paterson and rate him highly. Yes he could be inconsistent but players of his type who aren’t right at the top level of the game usually are. He always showed for the ball, took a good set piece and was a menace for the opposition even when not on top form. 

In a squad that lacks goals and creativity almost completely, we will really miss him. And, in our current state, we’ll do very well to replace him with someone better. I imagine he’ll go elsewhere in the Championship and do a good job wherever he ends up. 

I can see him going to Swansea. Look how Korey has flourished there injury free 

On 14/05/2021 at 11:08, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah, the line “Family feel that it needs to get back to” suggests a very unhappy camp…

Or they've had it too easy for too long.....don't care about happy....job needs doing....get it done. 

Archived