IGNORED

Ashton Gate to host non-league play off final

Unan

• The title was changed to Ashton Gate to host non-league play off final
4 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

The reaction on Twitter provides a good demonstration of why we struggle to also attract players to this region 

Not at all. It demonstrates a level of ignorance, nothing more.

I see the AG 4 are having an instant impact at Portman Road; at minute 58 it will, of course, start to unravel as fitness levels fall woefully short.

18 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Not at all. It demonstrates a level of ignorance, nothing more.

I see the AG 4 are having an instant impact at Portman Road; at minute 58 it will, of course, start to unravel as fitness levels fall woefully short.

That’s the point isn’t it? People, including players, can be ignorant. Being in the south west is not an asset when recruiting players. You’re far better basing yourself in the N West, Midlands or London with loads of options on your doorstep. 

7 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

That’s the point isn’t it? People, including players, can be ignorant. Being in the south west is not an asset when recruiting players. You’re far better basing yourself in the N West, Midlands or London with loads of options on your doorstep. 

Ignorant players are not much good to us.

And anyway, I absolutely don't buy the argument whatsoever; if a player prefers to live in the industrial wastelands then he is, of course, ignorant. Players with a brain that functions correctly and can, therefore, make correct decisions on the pitch and listen and learn from coaching is also going to go to a club with good facilities, a good coach (prospects for upward development) and can pay well. The fact Bristol is one of the nicest places, in and around, in the country is probably a relatively minor consideration.

City would only lose out if the salary offer is not good enough for them. Geography, in short, has almost nothing to do with it; the cherry on the cake if you like.

Nothing negative about coming to City.

13 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

South west is cornwall devon plymouth etc.... Ffs we're within 1 and half hours from wembley cardiff birmingham 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Possible return of GJ?

If there is a possibility of us getting tickets, this could be a real advantage to Torquay - like a home game!

In the unfortunate event of Torquay not making automatic promotion (I hope they make it), it would be quite apt for GJ to win a play off final at Ashton Gate. 

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

In the unfortunate event of Torquay not making automatic promotion (I hope they make it), it would be quite apt for GJ to win a play off final at Ashton Gate. 

Would be nice. Three points for him at the Mem up for grabs too!

37 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I think players from those favoured regions think that Bristol is a few miles west of Penzance... a very Scilly mindset

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The irony of being called 'tinpot' by Portsmouth on that twitter thread........and their run down hovel of a stadium.

I’m almost positive it’s that Weezord loser who pretended to be a Pompey fan on here. 

Not that I blame him, I’d rather be a Forest Green fan than a Gas fan.

Archived