IGNORED

Longest serving player

Unan

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

IMO, John Atyeo is our player with the most appearances. All of his matches were starts because no subs in his day.

Louis Carey comes next but it is farcical that he has the lead - a two minute sub just to give him one more than Atyeo, plus other sub appearances throughout his career.

It’s hardly ‘farcical’, is it?  It’s a fact: Louis made the most appearances for us. It is also a fact that John Atyeo made the most starts.

21 minutes ago, 22A said:

Topic drift; not as a player, but for the 1987 Fright Rover Final, City were led out by the club Scout, Jock Rae. He had been with the club since 1936, fifty years. 

Also Cliff Morgan who passed away at 61 back in 1975 after being at the club 45 years.

Proper gentlemen the pair of them and brought so many first teamers to the club as well as apprentices.

On 15/05/2021 at 09:15, Olé said:

A little part of me dies inside to learn that COD has been at City longer than almost anyone. What a depressing thought if he is your "continuity" player and figurehead in the squad. Not being unkind to him, he has his moments, but a completely generic footballer who blends into the background and will always want to play second fiddle to others.

I don't know enough about Williams, he was certainly always combative on the pitch, but who is going to get the dressing room together off the pitch? I hope NP is having a word in someone's ear to ask them to work on it. But who? I can't think of Kalas doing it, he seems too quiet and his tone recently suggests he's as depressed as the rest of us.

I just hope NP brings in a Wilbraham type figure, not age wise, but as a personality who will meld the dressing room into  a positive force, and create a winning mentality.  Heres hoping ?    ?

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I just hope NP brings in a Wilbraham type figure, not age wise, but as a personality who will meld the dressing room into  a positive force, and create a winning mentality.  Heres hoping ?    ?

Nige will definitely want that - may well have someone in mind already.

Archived