IGNORED

FA Cup Final 5:15 today

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not when it’s just part of your body. Not arguing with the fact that VAR shows it’s offside. I just hate that part of someone’s body being ahead of another classes that as offside. It’s not what the rule was meant for. The rule was meant to stop goal hanging

VAR, we were told, was bright to clear up clear and obvious errors. We should never be disallowing goals when they have to draw lines - ruins the emotions of scoring etc. A really poor day for VAR again - wish that and Covid would go away! Take me back to 2017 please...

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not when it’s just part of your body. Not arguing with the fact that VAR shows it’s offside. I just hate that part of someone’s body being ahead of another classes that as offside. It’s not what the rule was meant for. The rule was meant to stop goal hanging

I agree. It has become a joke. There are few enough goals to celebrate. We shouldn't be ruling them out for marginal decisions like this one. Although I did enjoy Leicester winning. 

7 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Don’t think my stance is incorrect. Was it offside via the rules and VAR? Yes

Was this the intention of the offside rule? No. 

No I completely agree with you. It’s shit. 

But you said it wasn’t offside. It was. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

VAR, we were told, was bright to clear up clear and obvious errors. We should never be disallowing goals when they have to draw lines - ruins the emotions of scoring etc. A really poor day for VAR again - wish that and Covid would go away! Take me back to 2017 please...

As a man who’s just seen his hometown club win the FA Cup, which he thought he might never see...I agree with you.

Obviously, at the moment I only care about the result, but I couldn’t celebrate Leicester’s goal straight away because I knew VAR would be checked; and whilst I’m f...ing overjoyed at the result, I don’t want football matches to be determined by the fact that someone’s left ear is in an offside position in a freeze-frame.

Really enjoyed that. 

The scenes at the end were superb and what a hell of a goal that was from Leicester.

If you look at where our two clubs were almost 30 years ago when we took them apart in the FA Cup at Filbert Street, arguably we were on level terms with them at the time. 

One club have certainly got it right since then.

Having said that, it shows what can be done and gives hope to so many clubs.

6 minutes ago, lager loud said:

As a man who’s just seen his hometown club win the FA Cup, which he thought he might never see...I agree with you.

Obviously, at the moment I only care about the result, but I couldn’t celebrate Leicester’s goal straight away because I knew VAR would be checked; and whilst I’m f...ing overjoyed at the result, I don’t want football matches to be determined by the fact that someone’s left ear is in an offside position in a freeze-frame.

Great in short term if you support Leicester but long term you want to say people saying no more of this shite. Sadly won’t happen.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Really enjoyed that. 

The scenes at the end were superb and what a hell of a goal that was from Leicester.

If you look at where our two clubs were almost 30 years ago when we took them apart in the FA Cup at Filbert Street, arguably we were on level terms with them at the time. 

One club have certainly got it right since then.

Having said that, it shows what can be done and gives hope to so many clubs.

Well, we are now in possession of the manager who started their road to success, so can we dream this summer ? Too right we can. 

38 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yep.

I cant help feeling that if it was Leicester denied in that way the general reaction would be very different.

@Ostrich congratulations .

Historically you’ve always been a bigger club than us . However , in the last 10-15 years you’ve been relegated to league one , won the championship , stayed up in the prem by the skin of your teeth , won the top flight the year after and now a rightful seat at the top table in the champions league & F.A cup winners . 
Especially after what’s happened with the ESL , you’ve shown what English football & football in general means to us the fans . You’ve achieved what we all dream & continue to do so . 
never give up ?

there really doesnt seem to be a disconnect at Leicester. Cracking result and a joy to see....but hell. The FA Cup Final should be at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon after the season is over, and not a 5.15 Kick Off during the season to suit TV. On a positive note, it was good to see fans back where they belong (albeit a very reduced capacity)

57 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Well I'm a 56 year old miserable git but bloody hell what an emotional cup final, been a long time since winning the FA cup meant so much to a team, management, owner and fans, well done Leicester ???

I'm a 56 year old grumpy **** too...superb

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Sorry, but as much as I wanted Leicester to win, VAR intervening like that will never be acceptable to me. Genuinely hate it.

That’s the first time I’ve experienced a VAR decision like that live and it was horrible. You’ve no idea why it was given, no replay either. I don’t like it

Archived