IGNORED

FA Cup Final 5:15 today

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

VAR, we were told, was bright to clear up clear and obvious errors. We should never be disallowing goals when they have to draw lines - ruins the emotions of scoring etc. A really poor day for VAR again - wish that and Covid would go away! Take me back to 2017 please...

Offside is offside. What I do disagree with is VAR being used in some games in the FA Cup and not all. Such as went against us v Sheff Utd. Showed it again today, without VAR they wouldn't have had the penalty.

6 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Offside is offside. What I do disagree with is VAR being used in some games in the FA Cup and not all. Such as went against us v Sheff Utd. Showed it again today, without VAR they wouldn't have had the penalty.

I actually disagree with this, there was a time were "in-line" was onside and the advantage favoured the attacking player. 

I think football as a whole has forgotten why offside was introduced in the first place, preventing players hanging around the goal. These miniscule calculations are completely unnecessary imo. 

That said I'm delighted for Leicester City a fantastically run football club. Rare to see ownership, playing staff and fans so connected 

Get on Leicester glad they won even tho i backed Chelsea.

But i'm so glad that most of the football i have watched was before VAR.

I hate it with a vengeance and every thing it stands for. How many classic games would the result have changed because someone had mistakenly let their hand drift into an offside position

Love what the Thai owners have done  here,  Obviously they have no affiliation as such to  Leicester, but as many Thais, they have a real love of football, for whatever reason they have chosen Leicester as the Premiership club they wanted to buy into, and have put money into it, and into the community and they are getting the love back for that, and rightly so.  I love the emotion form the chairman at the end, hopefully his dad is looking down from above proud at what his investment has done for Leicester and the community.

Side note I always thought it was weird getting of the BTS at Siam in Bangkok to see a Leicester city shop (Its not there now)  I wondered really how Leicester would go down with Thai fans who predominantly are into Liverpool, followed by the the other usual suspects.  Well With How the King Power Brand is everywhere in Thailand, I am betting there is going to be a influx of Thai support for Leicester if the continue to be successful.

Good luck to them. And lets hope they don't turn into the billy big bollox type that so many of the other have done..  I am sure their fans will keep them grounded

15 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I actually disagree with this, there was a time were "in-line" was onside and the advantage favoured the attacking player. 

I think football as a whole has forgotten why offside was introduced in the first place, preventing players hanging around the goal. These miniscule calculations are completely unnecessary imo. 

That said I'm delighted for Leicester City a fantastically run football club. Rare to see ownership, playing staff and fans so connected 

Regardless of VAR today, the biggest mistake was Chelsea not playing the joint top scorer in the competition Despite scoring 4 goals which kept them in the competition, Tammy was not even named as one of the 9 substitutes.

5 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Regardless of VAR today, the biggest mistake was Chelsea not playing the joint top scorer in the competition Despite scoring 4 goals which kept them in the competition, Tammy was not even named as one of the 9 substitutes.

You play your best 11 at the end of the day that has produced in big games

8 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I think its pretty clear the manager does not rate him and he does not fit in with the style of play he wants the team to play.  It came as no surprise to me, I wouldn't mind betting he is off in the Summer, maybe to Villa.

2 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Hard to argue with it when it ultimately got the decision correct.

I agree with you it's hard to agree when the decision was correct but do we want that much precision in the game as its just killing the moment and also impossible to see with the naked eye and something we lived with for 70+ years with no complaints 

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Whether it is offside - it probably was - I don’t want to see goals given then ruled out. Kills the emotion. Either stick the flag up and it’s offside or leave it down - should be linespersons judgement. It’s VAR wrecking it as usual. I don’t want to see goals ruled out when so marginal - no one cares about someone’s toe being offside or something.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That time was when a person was making the decision in real time. If there’s doubt go with the attacker. there’s no need for doubt with VAR it can give you an exact answer, the same way goal line technology can. The problem is we as fans don’t seem to like offside being an exact decision. The rule needs to adapt to the technology I think e.g like you say a certain benefit to the attacker but you’ll always have a cut off point that 1mm either way is where the decision gets made - if not how do you apply it evenly across every game? Or stop using VAR for offsides

47 minutes ago, TRL said:

I think its pretty clear the manager does not rate him and he does not fit in with the style of play he wants the team to play.  It came as no surprise to me, I wouldn't mind betting he is off in the Summer, maybe to Villa.

I think there is no doubt he will be off in the Summer.Villa and West Ham appear to be favourites for his signature. 

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That time was when a person was making the decision in real time. If there’s doubt go with the attacker. there’s no need for doubt with VAR it can give you an exact answer, the same way goal line technology can. The problem is we as fans don’t seem to like offside being an exact decision. The rule needs to adapt to the technology I think e.g like you say a certain benefit to the attacker but you’ll always have a cut off point that 1mm either way is where the decision gets made - if not how do you apply it evenly across every game? Or stop using VAR for offsides

Good points mate, I know what you mean. I'd like to see that if there is "daylight" between the forward and the defender then it's offside. 

Preferably I'd bin it for everything apart from mistaken identity/ serious foul play

59 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You play your ⁴best 11 at the end of the day that has produced in big games

Not really 100% sure that Chelsea rated it as a big game. Whilst I'm not one for necessarily dressing up for the occasion there was a noticeable difference between the suited and booted Leicester players and the casual tracksuited Chelsea players. Perhaps that led to a casual mindset, with their focus on Champions League 

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Not really 100% sure that Chelsea rated it as a big game. Whilst I'm not one for necessarily dressing up for the occasion there was a noticeable difference between the suited and booted Leicester players and the casual tracksuited Chelsea players. Perhaps that led to a casual mindset, with their focus on Champions League 

Nonsense I’m afraid,both sets of players knew it was a big game,are you suggesting if Leicester turned up suited and booted and Chelsea turned up wearing thongs and a crop top they would of lost 10-0

Good game to watch.
How good was it to see the connection between the Leicester fans, the players and the owner of Leicester FC. Great club Leicester and a lesson for the Lansdownes there. Take note.

The fans are the club Mr.Lansdown. 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

@Ostrich congratulations .

Historically you’ve always been a bigger club than us . However , in the last 10-15 years you’ve been relegated to league one , won the championship , stayed up in the prem by the skin of your teeth , won the top flight the year after and now a rightful seat at the top table in the champions league & F.A cup winners . 
Especially after what’s happened with the ESL , you’ve shown what English football & football in general means to us the fans . You’ve achieved what we all dream & continue to do so . 
never give up ?

Tbh obviously it’s incredible to be able to experience it all as a Leicester fan but when you step back, one of the great things about what we’re doing is that we give everyone else hope (even Forest, Derby, Cov), especially given the mess we were in not so long ago. 

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Whether it is offside - it probably was - I don’t want to see goals given then ruled out. Kills the emotion. Either stick the flag up and it’s offside or leave it down - should be linespersons judgement. It’s VAR wrecking it as usual. I don’t want to see goals ruled out when so marginal - no one cares about someone’s toe being offside or something.

off side is off side VAR got it right

You say you dont want marginal goals ruled out

So 3/4 of the ball goes over the line What do you want the ref to do Give the goal because  it was close enough!!!

16 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

off side is off side VAR got it right

You say you dont want marginal goals ruled out

So 3/4 of the ball goes over the line What do you want the ref to do Give the goal because  it was close enough!!!

Goal line technology is fine - works well. This isn’t about that.

This is about killing the emotion of a big important goal. It’s a joke and ruining the game just like it did today. As many said the offside rule is a joke in current format too.

Var was supposed to be about correcting clear and obvious errors, was that offside clear? No, was it obviously an error by the officials? No. It’s a poor day for football fans when the FA cup final is decided by a bloke sat drawing lines in a dark room and making his own judgement. The clip they showed to justify his decision shows the ball clearly travelling from silvas foot, it’s an inconclusive system. Well done the foxes by the way, I got the feeling from watching BBC that they were rooting for the ‘little’ club to stick it to the big bully. 

42 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Var was supposed to be about correcting clear and obvious errors, was that offside clear? No, was it obviously an error by the officials? No. It’s a poor day for football fans when the FA cup final is decided by a bloke sat drawing lines in a dark room and making his own judgement. The clip they showed to justify his decision shows the ball clearly travelling from silvas foot, it’s an inconclusive system. Well done the foxes by the way, I got the feeling from watching BBC that they were rooting for the ‘little’ club to stick it to the big bully. 

In fairness that was one of the more clear offsides this season. 

Didn’t Leicester break FFP to get out of the Championship? Their owner has pumped a lot of money in and they wouldn’t be where they are without that.

Whilst accepting they’ve done incredibly well to win the Premier League as the money is no guarentee for success, I just don’t accept them as this little minnow fairytale story. Or am I being harsh, was the money injected not as much as I think?

Just surprised everyone was so unanimously Leicester on here yesterday when I’m sure before the NP connection many on here were critical of how Leicester have operated.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Didn’t Leicester break FFP to get out of the Championship? Their owner has pumped a lot of money in and they wouldn’t be where they are without that.

Whilst accepting they’ve done incredibly well to win the Premier League as the money is no guarentee for success, I just don’t accept them as this little minnow fairytale story. Or am I being harsh, was the money injected not as much as I think?

Just surprised everyone was so unanimously Leicester on here yesterday when I’m sure before the NP connection many on here were critical of how Leicester have operated.

I think it has more to do with the dislike of the plastic classless club that is Chelsea 

I haven't read from page 2 up to this page so don't know what's been said. But I'd like to say what a great experience that was watching two teams do their best and in front of supporters. I haven't really missed the football this season due to our poor attempt at competing on the pitch. What I have missed is the crowd at games and being a part of that experience. I know I might be getting soppy in my old age but, I felt quite emotional seeing a game played in front of fans and thinking what a fantastic experience it is being a part of it. 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I haven't read from page 2 up to this page so don't know what's been said. But I'd like to say what a great experience that was watching two teams do their best and in front of supporters. I haven't really missed the football this season due to our poor attempt at competing on the pitch. What I have missed is the crowd at games and being a part of that experience. I know I might be getting soppy in my old age but, I felt quite emotional seeing a game played in front of fans and thinking what a fantastic experience it is being a part of it. 

True!  I really enjoyed the game, with it's if's, but's and maybe's, that's what the FA Cup is all about and that's what makes it the best cup competition in the World. What other football cup competition, anywhere,  can give small and unknown clubs a chance to play and beat some of the best teams in England. It gives them a chance to dream of what could be and even with all the TV hype, it's still a thrilling spectacle and yesterdays game gave all of the thrills, emotions and the heartbreak that this competition can provide

every year. Long may it continue and let's hope similar clubs to Leicester City can do the same in the coming years.

On 16/05/2021 at 19:54, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

True!  I really enjoyed the game, with it's if's, but's and maybe's, that's what the FA Cup is all about and that's what makes it the best cup competition in the World. What other football cup competition, anywhere,  can give small and unknown clubs a chance to play and beat some of the best teams in England. It gives them a chance to dream of what could be and even with all the TV hype, it's still a thrilling spectacle and yesterdays game gave all of the thrills, emotions and the heartbreak that this competition can provide

every year. Long may it continue and let's hope similar clubs to Leicester City can do the same in the coming years.

Yep, long may it continue: https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2016/4/11/11406994/leicester-city-probably-cheated-financial-fair-play-and-wont-get-in

Looks like their owners effectively sponsored themselves, but through a 3rd party broker and well above fair market price enabling them to comply with FFP.

As I said above, still an incredible achievement to win the league, but not quite the fairytale story everyone likes to believe and not sure it's far apart from what people don't like about the likes of Man City and Chelsea - or on our level Derby for example. They bought their way into the Premier League and avoided any sanction because they never came back down.

Archived