IGNORED

Her game too

Bristol Rob

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's a very good video, and makes a very important point about accepting the views of everyone who follows the game.

Except for that Gas Doris, who clearly knows nothing about the beautiful game, and has proven that by being a thick as mince Fewer.

I think those girl’s views are very wrong.

Don’t they know this is the 21st century and there are even ladie’s football teams ? 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I think those girl’s views are very wrong.

Don’t they know this is the 21st century and there are even ladie’s football teams ? 

I think the point being made isn't about participation but the right to enjoy being a spectator and having a valid opinion.

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's a very good video, and makes a very important point about accepting the views of everyone who follows the game.

Except for that Gas Doris, who clearly knows nothing about the beautiful game, and has proven that by being a thick as mince Fewer.

To be fair though the point is about under representation, so having someone in that shit kit makes that point perfectly, even though it made me nauseous.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think the point being made isn't about participation but the right to enjoy being a spectator and having a valid opinion.

I do find these kinds of videos tend to over exaggerate and skew the reality for the sake of making a point. Loads of women go to football matches - of all ages - and I'm sure their opinion is respected as much as anyone else's.

I get more disrespectful and idiotic comments from women, to be honest!

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

The first girl in the rovers shirt Caz is great value on Twitter - passionate fan.

Was this the girl who gave out some stick to (championship) Wycombe fans about getting a hammering and then when Rovers got smashed 6-1 a week later, made her account private? 

Edit: Obviously would like to add to this that anyone is due a valid opinion on football, male or female, without abuse because of their gender. 

Apart from that one idiot I sat by in B block in 2014/15. He chats garbage. 

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Was this the girl who gave out some stick to (championship) Wycombe fans about getting a hammering and then when Rovers got smashed 6-1 a week later, made her account private? 

Edit: Obviously would like to add to this that anyone is due a valid opinion on football, male or female, without abuse because of their gender. 

Not sure mate I am not on Twitter much but she does post a lot about the gas and in all fairness does talk a lot of sense, and is a likeable person.

if she battered Wycombe fans and then that happened it is funny

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

She made her account private due to the shocking amount of abuse she received after making a joke about Wycombe aimed at her Wycombe friends. Abuse from city fans as well. 

This cause means a lot to me. My Wife has been a city season ticket holder since she was a little girl. 

When I first went to a game with her when we first got together I arranged to meet some mates in the Spotted Cow pre-kick off. The looks I got when I brought her to the table were shocking. As if she didn't belong. 

When she corrected one of them on who scored the winning goal in some fa Cup 3rd round replay in 1997 you could hear a pin drop but it was l absolutely priceless. 

She comfortably knows more about football than me and almost anyone I know and the shit she has to put up with from some "blokes" is a joke, it surprises me little that many other female fans feel this way.

I'm incredibly proud of her and the dedication she shows to our club. 

And this goes to all our female fans. ?

FB_IMG_1621109971876.jpg

Women's opinions are ignored with regard to the National sport.    Oh yes  of course...................which is why this evening's MOTD had 2 women presenters and  the wonderful Alex Scott has just been appointed to head up Football Focus?  ?

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Women's opinions are ignored with regard to the National sport.    Oh yes  of course...................which is why this evening's MOTD had 2 women presenters and  the wonderful Alex Scott has just been appointed to head up Football Focus?  ?

Not sure you understand the point being made.  Scott’s appointment was met with a lot of sexist remarks by a lot of males. And this is about men making remarks to women in general, not about who the BBC appoint to host programmes 

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Not sure that Alex Scott presenting FF means that the average football fan should be made to feel their opinion is inferior just because they are a female.

11 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

This cause means a lot to me. My Wife has been a city season ticket holder since she was a little girl. 

When I first went to a game with her when we first got together I arranged to meet some mates in the Spotted Cow pre-kick off. The looks I got when I brought her to the table were shocking. As if she didn't belong. 

When she corrected one of them on who scored the winning goal in some fa Cup 3rd round replay in 1997 you could hear a pin drop but it was l absolutely priceless. 

She comfortably knows more about football than me and almost anyone I know and the shit she has to put up with from some "blokes" is a joke, it surprises me little that many other female fans feel this way.

I'm incredibly proud of her and the dedication she shows to our club. 

And this goes to all our female fans. ?

FB_IMG_1621109971876.jpg

Thanks! 
I’ve only had a guy say directly that he didn’t like women going to football once, in the Tobacco Factory and he was drunk. I got the impression that what he didn’t like was the idea of having to bring his girlfriend to games. As I had no intention of being his girlfriend, I just disregarded what he said entirely. 
I’ve chatted to random football fans, whether in a bank, a tradesman, AA man or whatever about either their team or Bristol City and they’ve all been really respectful and friendly. 

* I think it says more about your mates than anything else! ? I’ve been in similar situations away from football where they don’t like a woman intruding (it’s not exclusive to football). 

Great video and clearly needed given some of the responses on here. 

I’d imagine, like most on here, we’ve all got mothers, wives, sisters, or daughters who we’d love to be able to come to the game and not be subjected to cheap taunts just because they’re female. Pretty much in the same way that we’ve been able to tackle similar taunts aimed at the ethnicity, skin colour or sexual orientation, we need to tackle this. Surely if someone wants to come to a football game, they should bloody well be able to do so with being subjected to some neanderthal **** giving them shit. Guess it’s up to us all to not put up with that type of thing anymore, make the oik feel uncomfortable, tell them to shut it and they’ll have to change. Anyone of us who doesn’t say anything, doesn’t give them a glare or even report them if they don’t stop is part of the problem. We can do better. 

Archived