IGNORED

Rene Gilmartin

Desso

I know he was on the hit list for players leaving, but he's also an assistant coach for the academy and was coaching the under 23s during Friday's game. Anyone know if he's staying? I shall miss his half time analysis and the ball being the final turd. Good pundit though.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No idea but we do have a lot of coaches, Simpson, Downing, Mountain, Cisse, Alex Ball.

Seems enough to me.

Why are you counting first team coaches and the U23's coach as one? Rene has been assistant to Alex Ball so why does the amount of first team coaches matter?

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Why are you counting first team coaches and the U23's coach as one? Rene has been assistant to Alex Ball so why does the amount of first team coaches matter?

Just meant our numbers in general.

Do many teams have an assistant manager at U23 level?

40 minutes ago, Desso said:

I know he was on the hit list for players leaving, but he's also an assistant coach for the academy and was coaching the under 23s during Friday's game. Anyone know if he's staying? I shall miss his half time analysis and the ball being the final turd. Good pundit though.

Could just be that as he is still under contract until the end of next Month (or whenever really), and that he is just seeing out the final few weeks of his duties.

All the players that haven't been "retained" are still technically under contract with us, it's just that they don't have any more games/work to do for us, so have technically left. As a player/coach, their season wasn't over still, so therefore he is/was still contractually obliged to work.

Could also be that he has been retained as a coach only. Ordinarily you would expect to see a story stating that he wouldn't be kept on as a player, however would instead be taking on full time coaching duties. Ordinarily.

Ordinarily though, the media team/club would have announced that Korey Smith would be leaving before he announced it himself last year as well though, so who knows.

I'm sticking with my original point though where he is still obliged to work as the season wasn't over.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Just meant our numbers in general.

Do many teams have an assistant manager at U23 level?

I know Brentford have a slightly different approach with their B Team but I think most people would be surprised at their staffing levels...

B Team Head Coach
B Team Assistant Coach and Technical Lead
B Team Assistant Coach
B Team Goalkeeper Coach
B Team Strength and Conditioning Coach
B Team Strength and Conditioning Coach 
B Team Physiotherapist
B Team Physiotherapist
B Team Physiotherapist
B Team Analyst
B Team Kit Assistant

11 hours ago, Banned User said:

I ******* hate him on Robins TV, personally 

Amazed anyone rates him on Robins TV he’s awful.

I can’t comment on him as a coach but if NP thinks he’s good enough to keep on then I would back NP’s judgement. I just hope any new deal has a clause in that prevents him from going on Robins TV ?

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Don't mind him myself but he does talk a lot

The happy clapper of all happy clappers. I understand he can’t rip the club to pieces on air, but his rose tinted glasses are so thick I’m surprised he can see the game.

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It will still exist for midweek games in the UK and all games are shown for overseas subscribers 

Really? 
I thought pre lockdown you couldn’t watch in the UK?

Obviously no idea how next season will pan out.

34 minutes ago, Banned User said:

The happy clapper of all happy clappers. I understand he can’t rip the club to pieces on air, but his rose tinted glasses are so thick I’m surprised he can see the game.

This. He's absolutely dreadful. At times I thought he was saying stuff on purpose to annoy the fans

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Really? 
I thought pre lockdown you couldn’t watch in the UK?

Obviously no idea how next season will pan out.

Pretty certain midweek games are broadcast in the UK, it’s only the 3pm Saturday games that were traditionally not allowed to be screened domestically. 

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

Amazed anyone rates him on Robins TV he’s awful.

I can’t comment on him as a coach but if NP thinks he’s good enough to keep on then I would back NP’s judgement. I just hope any new deal has a clause in that prevents him from going on Robins TV ?

He gives very good insight, exactly what you want opposite Toby Osborne.  He sometimes needs to stay quiet to let the action unfold.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He gives very good insight, exactly what you want opposite Toby Osborne.  He sometimes needs to stay quiet to let the action unfold.

I agree - he needs a producer in his ear telling him to shut up...at times...at others he's been worth paying attention to.

IMO, certainly knows what he's talking about. Insightful and intelligent. OK, he may have his faults, as we all have, but I get the feeling that some people on here aren't happy unless they're  moaning.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Funny you say that Dave as after his first appearance I found him very insightful. Ever since though I’ve gone cold on him, he needs to be reigned in.

Archived