IGNORED

YouTube

Bristol Rob

So, over the last year I guess I'm not the only person to have watched a lot more YouTube videos and digital content than before, just wondering what you have been enjoying.

For me, cookery following the instructions and recipes of Latifs Inspired, the football shirt hunts/mystery boxes found on the Away Days channel and Rate My Takeaway, one man's quest to try as many different food outlets and rate them.

What have you subscribed to?

(Also, Full Throttle is worth a watch in you are in to motoring).

I’m addicted to watching tours of yachts and superyachts, especially the one’s by Nick Burnham, who actually lives nearby, of Aquaholics.

I’ve convinced myself I’m getting one one day and have even planned routes around the Med and will soon take my VHF marine radio course.

My bank balance suggests there won’t be much ‘super’ about my yacht

Mudlarking on the Thames- Nicola White

Kris Harbour- living and building an alternative lifestyle.

Tally Ho- Rebuilding a 1910 yacht.

Project Binky- Building a 4wd Toyota Celica-powered Mini.

Hubnut- Drives various old and unglamorous cars (Reliant Fox or Invacar, anyone??)

Superfast Matt- Various, but currently converting (no pun intended) a 1950 MkV Jaguar to electric Tesla power.

YBS Youngbloods - Australian fishing/diving adventurer. With his dog. 
Love the scenery and a really decent bloke 

BeardMeatsFood - Bloke with a huge beard eats unbelievable quantities of food. 
Fascinates me how much he can eat . Another top bloke 

First we Feast . Presenter and some well known people eat spicy chicken wings getting hotter one by one. 
Love the reactions of the guests especially Shaq o neal episode 

Tubes and Ange Golf Life - Have some quality guests . Bit of a laugh . 

Some excellent content on You Tube 

God, Youtube has got me through lockdown. I don't watch TV anymore either because most shows are on it. Some of the content/channels I've been watching;

Call of Duty Warzone

Interesting fact videos (VSauce, TopTenzNet, etc)

Dash camera/road rage videos

Car Detailing - AMMO NYC

Car Repair - Vice Grip Garage

Music - Sureil Hess, The Doo, Marcus Veltri - Goes on Omegle and plays songs to people.

18 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m addicted to watching tours of yachts and superyachts, especially the one’s by Nick Burnham, who actually lives nearby, of Aquaholics.

I’ve convinced myself I’m getting one one day and have even planned routes around the Med and will soon take my VHF marine radio course.

My bank balance suggests there won’t be much ‘super’ about my yacht

I'm glad it's not just me ?

3 hours ago, grifty said:

God, Youtube has got me through lockdown. I don't watch TV anymore either because most shows are on it. Some of the content/channels I've been watching;

Call of Duty Warzone

Interesting fact videos (VSauce, TopTenzNet, etc)

Dash camera/road rage videos

Car Detailing - AMMO NYC

Car Repair - Vice Grip Garage

Music - Sureil Hess, The Doo, Marcus Veltri - Goes on Omegle and plays songs to people.

I enjoy AMMO NYC too, although I wish just once they'd powerwash the ***t out of a dusty car first up.. it would probably wreak it but it would be so much more pleasing ?

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

I enjoy AMMO NYC too, although I wish just once they'd powerwash the ***t out of a dusty car first up.. it would probably wreak it but it would be so much more pleasing ?

Ah, you want DetailGeek for that! Lives in Canada I think it is, so snow and dirt covered cars get a powerwash straight away. Very satisfying!

Probs more for the younger crowd on here but I've watched quite a lot of SE Dons content. 

They're a Sunday league side in London, got a couple of former pro's in Zak Ansah & Jordan Green playing for them. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/donstrapzytv

I'll second @Red Army 75 shout of Beard Meets Food. Cannot believe the amount he can eat.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9CjaAjsMMvaSghZB7-Kog

Also loving Ben Fosters 'Cycling GK' channel. Insight into life of a footballer, puts his go pro in the net when he plays etc. Seems a top bloke as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi33DX7KG3M3bI0ipjOP2Eg

Some good insightful Football channels on YouTube for sure.

Tifo Football, HITC Sevens, DW Kick Off, Football Daily and Football Iconic all having excellent insight and insight to Football in the past.

I barely watch TV anymore, other than for Sport.

Ah, the YouTube method of turbocharging time and letting it fly...

Among the many topics I've glimpsed at (and what does the YT algorithm make of me, may I ask?) I have found food/cookery a source of interest (Latif has inspired me). On the subject of motors and mechanicing, I am glad to see Edd China, of Wheeler Dealers fame, now has a weekly episode to enjoy on Fridays. Other motors include the strip-downs of blown up engines, particularly I Do Cars. Associated engineering madness can be found in a strange lad who has designed, built and fettled the Marble Machine X that plays music like an old fair-ground machine, but focusses on solving practical problems. Weird but admirable is the Wintergatan.

Other unmissables include the increasingly outrageous stuff now put out by one Mme Toyah Willcox (who is 63 today). Quite how she gets away with it is anyone's guess. Davina McCall's output is getting there too.

Music videos are a staple, naturally. Russian car crash videos, likewise.

And yes, I will admit, I have been seduced by some dog/cat/critters videos from time to time. A good little series for animal lovers comes from Wildlife Aid, an animal rescue charity in Leatherhead that show what they do every day.

But I have resisted the temptation put in my path to look at the many middle-aged women who appear to love showing themselves off as much as the limits allow. Honest. Now what about those algoritms...

A friend of mine introduced me to TopJaw. Two chaps from London (would say quite middle-class) who travel to various locations in UK and Europe to discover the best restaurants and bars to visit. Bristol is in there, and admitingly. I've not heard of any of these restaurants!

I think you can find anything you have an interest in. I subscribe to loads of different stuff.

The obvious football and music ones.
Photography & Photoshop
The Chap magazine
The Gunman spray painting pages
Under the Cosh pod
Scooter rebuild pages
A word in your ear Pod. The best one around IMO
Vinyl record and collectors

Some great TV on there too.

My son informs me of many a decent channel that is available on YouTube. It's good to know that many people on here have found that YouTube has helped them through the past 14 months.

From the lists already submitted, I would like to add Mark Felton Productions. Anyone who is interested in WW2 (Nigel Pearson, my son and me....for starters) will appreciate what Mark is doing here. He highlights little known facts and does a 10-15 minute doc about it using any footage he can find. No Historians/so called personalities giving there views just videos expertly edited plus his voice over. 

Did you know there were 6* and not 5 allied landing sites on D-Day and that there was a reserve beach as well?

* a little island a mile off the Utah Beach (think the Crystal Maze place) was taken a couple of hours prior to the main attack. 

On 23/05/2021 at 11:24, Norn Iron said:

My son informs me of many a decent channel that is available on YouTube. It's good to know that many people on here have found that YouTube has helped them through the past 14 months.

From the lists already submitted, I would like to add Mark Felton Productions. Anyone who is interested in WW2 (Nigel Pearson, my son and me....for starters) will appreciate what Mark is doing here. He highlights little known facts and does a 10-15 minute doc about it using any footage he can find. No Historians/so called personalities giving there views just videos expertly edited plus his voice over. 

Did you know there were 6* and not 5 allied landing sites on D-Day and that there was a reserve beach as well?

* a little island a mile off the Utah Beach (think the Crystal Maze place) was taken a couple of hours prior to the main attack. 

Armchair Historian is pretty good for anything on WW1 or WW2. Granted, a youngster and cartoonish with the presentation of events but some interesting stuff and information about various battles.

On 16/05/2021 at 18:58, Bristol Rob said:

So, over the last year I guess I'm not the only person to have watched a lot more YouTube videos and digital content than before, just wondering what you have been enjoying.

For me, cookery following the instructions and recipes of Latifs Inspired, the football shirt hunts/mystery boxes found on the Away Days channel and Rate My Takeaway, one man's quest to try as many different food outlets and rate them.

What have you subscribed to?

(Also, Full Throttle is worth a watch in you are in to motoring).

Rate my takeaway 

Arms family homestead

keepjng it dutch 

girl outddors 

colisson brickwork 

Archived