IGNORED

Medical Team (2+2=5)

Davefevs

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can you ask him if he'll pick up a few crates of Stella on his way back from Leuven?

Leuven, or Louvain, as I knew it when I lived and worked there, is a most beautiful little town, but you would be better off chosing a beer from one of their numerous small, independent breweries.

Incidentally, the Stella sold in Belgium is not a patch on the Stella Artois with which you are probably familiar in the UK.

He’s got the ‘open to work’ filter on his picture that suggests he’s not got anything lined up. Could all change though.

Have heard someone from Exeter Chiefs could be coming in, but be nice if a ‘big’ name aligned with Pearson previously came in for a bit of buzz

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Leuven, or Louvain, as I knew it when I lived and worked there, is a most beautiful little town, but you would be better off chosing a beer from one of their numerous small, independent breweries.

Incidentally, the Stella sold in Belgium is not a patch on the Stella Artois with which you are probably familiar in the UK.

My missus lived there too. I'm all about the Jupiler in Belgium tbh

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s got the ‘open to work’ filter on his picture that suggests he’s not got anything lined up. Could all change though.

Have heard someone from Exeter Chiefs could be coming in, but be nice if a ‘big’ name aligned with Pearson previously came in for a bit of buzz

You getting all ITK this summer Pete. ??

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thank you for only saying “probably” ????

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My missus lived there too. I'm all about the Jupiler in Belgium tbh

Having worked in Ypres in Belgium for about 9 months. I had the luxury of tasting many different Belgium Lagers/Beers . Some strong as well. Wouldn’t say no to either the Stella or Jupiler. But the Jupiler ended up being my favourite. 

Apologies DaveFevs for going off topic .

4 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Just scrolling through this topic, can’t see if anyone really rates him. Is he any good?

Yes it's not like we want to even compare him to Rolls so not sure what the barometer is. 

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

Not Rolls, knows Nigel is good enough for me. 

Not a Rolls but a Humvee. 

‘Primarily used by the United States military, it is also used by numerous other countries and organizations and even in civilian adaptations. The Humvee saw widespread use in the Gulf War of 1991, where it navigated the treacherous desert terrain; ‘ Good enough for me. 

I'm getting massively confused at the moment. I've just realised that Dave Rennie is not, as I had assumed, Dave Rennie. It was only last week that I found out that Steve Walsh was not actually Steve Walsh.

It would help me a lot if Pearson could steer away from employing or being linked with anyone else who shares their name with a 90s footballer. Could someone ITK pass that memo on?

26 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm getting massively confused at the moment. I've just realised that Dave Rennie is not, as I had assumed, Dave Rennie. It was only last week that I found out that Steve Walsh was not actually Steve Walsh.

It would help me a lot if Pearson could steer away from employing or being linked with anyone else who shares their name with a 90s footballer. Could someone ITK pass that memo on?

For your info., and in order to avoid you getting further confused, Swiss Toni was not Swiss, nor was his name Toni.

Stayed in a hostel on a school trip to Ypres circa 2001. The guy called Frank that ran the whole place (which was like something from a horror film) also ran the bar at night. We were 16 but the teachers wanted to get on it as much as we did, so let us have a few. Frank used to get pissed too, and would end up giving you more change back than money you’d given him, so we were being paid to drink. Win  

Pretty sure the beer was called freedom pils and taste fairly terrible but was quite strong? Ring any bells for the Belgian beer buffs amongst you?!

Apologies for thread derail but I’ve been thinking on and off about this for about 20 years. 

Archived