IGNORED

Sterile sh*t

Nuno Gomes

No it’s not an example of an oxymoron. It follows a conversation I was having with my son where we were discussing why I had fallen out of love with watching City. Yes the football has been sh*t but without the fans it’s been sterile too. Watching the Cup Final on Saturday showed how we have been missed. Let’s hope this is all now behind us and we can look forward to and feel some emotion. 

Football without fans is nothing.  Watching city on TV without fans the football and some players being dire it will test the most ardent of fans. But for all the doom and gloom I’m really looking forward to going back down the gate . Meet up with a few mates . Few ciders, chat shit watch the City . I have really missed that escape on a Saturday and I’m looking forward to getting it back. Hopefully 

Everyone involved in the football industry absolutely hates not having us fans watching live football but understand why it’s been necessary.

My buddy has tickets for the Bears later but has been given a set time to arrive and enter AG and with only a crowd of 3500 allowed - at least it’s a step in the right direction.

This is the exact reason why none of the past 14 months following City has felt real/proper. And I've failed to get too bothered about how poor we were. The main thing is that we are in the same league as when it 'ended' last March and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to miss out on a promotion season (especially via the play-offs etc) without fans or full crowds. Roll on August and hopefully Pearson will start to get it together.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Let's keep this one on track, and conspiracy-theory free please :yes:

Absolutely correct but I still think the medical staff have been injuring our players deliberately !!!!

anyway ........

I have maybe watched 2 or 3 games this past season on BCTV for the very reason stated by the OP.  Seems just like a training game to me with no one really trying their hardest. I just cannot get enthused by it all.  Must be hard for the players as well without the crowd behind them or even getting on their backs. Here's hoping next season will see some crowds (albeit diminished) to bring back some passion to the game. At the moment I get more enjoyment out of watching a jelly set.

Archived