IGNORED

Wealthy Owners

Redrascal2

Just reading in the Post that Ipswich's new owners have given the manager and our friend Mr Ashton a reported £40 million pound budget for this summer for new signings. Is this why there had been  talk of looking for new money to come  in to City so the squad can get a serious boost in the transfer market. I wonder how much Nigel Pearson has been given by our wealthy  owner to strengthen the squad.

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Just reading in the Post that Ipswich's new owners have given the manager and our friend Mr Ashton a reported £40 million pound budget for this summer for new signings. Is this why there had been  talk of looking for new money to come  in to City so the squad can get a serious boost in the transfer market. I wonder how much Nigel Pearson has been given by our wealthy  owner to strengthen the squad.

Championship and League 1 operate under different financial management systems, seriously doubt Ipswich will spend anywhere near that, even 8 figures at all

6 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Don’t believe everything you read 

Whether or not that’s true about them having £40m to spend this summer, putting in the public domain is pretty stupid. Any selling club, assuming a player’s under contract, should double the price. Did I hear £5m for Taylor Moore? ?

8 hours ago, billywedlock said:

With a 2.5m salary cap that is BS. Well we are talking Ashton. 

No salary cap, was voted back out during last season.  Possibly new squad limit changes this season.  Lg1/2 were supposed to be going down to 20 (plus u21s) man limit, but appear to be going to 22 plus goalies plus u21s.  No salary cap though.  Whether they go back to wages as a percentage of turnover I don’t know.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Aren't bonus payments, results based bonus's not outside FFP rules. Might have dreamt it, but if that's right they could still do a lot within the restrictions.

Promotion bonus stuff is excluded, yes.  Not sure exactly what falls into that beyond the obvious bonus payout for promotion.  Probably contract increases too???

14 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Ha ha Hmmm Who would I rather give…Ashton £40m….Monkey a machine gun…..my money is on the monkey.

Look. YOU forced me to say this. I take ABSOLUTELY NO responsibility whatsoever for the following.

Gorilla Warfare.

Now, stop giving the gibbons guns, and do something more productive.

Archived