IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

Bournemouth - Don't like Swansea & they'll lose a couple of key players this summer if they don't go up. Brentford & Barnsley is mainly down to jealousy. If they can do it, why do we struggle so much. 

Oxford - Not too far away, never been there so a new one to tick off

Tranmere - Imagine growing up in & around Liverpool and choosing to support these over the likes of Liverpool and Ev. Must be tough for them to get decent crowds. 

Bournemouth, largely by process of elimination. 

Would feel embarrassing for us if Barnsley or Brentford were promoted (especially Brentford, as they'd take the last spot on the "first 50 teams to play in the Prem" list).

Swansea are the closest thing we have to a rival among the play-off teams, so would prefer it not to be Swansea. (It would also fuel 100 threads complaining about us letting go of Smith).

The other major benefit of Bournemouth going up is that it's 1 less team with parachute payments to compete with.

I'd like to see Sunderland come up from L1 as I still have a lot of affection for LJ. 

I want Brentford to stay down for no other reason apart from jealousy.

Barnsley going up would be interesting. If Bournemouth/Norwich/Watford all go up that would without doubt be the most boring promotion teams i've ever seen and I believe we'll be seeing at least 2 of those teams come straight back down. 

Don't sound bitter at all do I ?

Bournemouth - Soon we will be one of the only clubs in second tier not to be in the prem. If not then Brentford as IMO they are the most attractive side. 

Oxford Utd - Another away ground for me to tick off. Have brought through decent players over the years and as much as he gets slated Karl Robinson gets his teams playing decent football.

Forest Green - Need some pride restored in the west country and at least we get a promotion.

National league is not set in stone is and hard one to choose but either Torquay or Stockport. Still remember losing to them 2-0 away where the pitch was bogged down with sand under DW.

So looking at your charts Davefevs  .............it's a Brentford v Barnsley final?   My treble on Betfair is Brentford - Blackpool and Morecambe...............though my heart really wants Vegan Pioneers FGR to win through?

Brentford - they deserve it.

anyone but Sunderland - can you imagine how smug and insufferable LJ will be if he wins something - Oxford hopefully though.

Forest Green - the nearest FL club to my house

Torquay to join Sutton via the play offs.....I think the auto spot is gone for GJ now

I don't really care to be honest as I doubt any of the top Championship teams will be of concern to us next season. 

Like others, I have to be honest in saying that should Brentford or Barnsley get promoted it will be yet another club that we've seen a lot of in the lower leagues over the years, leapfrog us to the Premier League. I don't like being a sore loser or jealous in any walk of life, but there it is, can't be denied on this occasion. 

On a more positive note I'm backing FGR for all the obvious reasons.

Torquay too, just purely out of affection for GJ.

So maybe I do care, just a little bit anyway.?

Brentford. I really don’t get this whole “well they’d be the 50th team in the prem and not us”. Who actually gives a flying one? It’s a niche quiz question as opposed to some towering achievement they’d have and we wouldn’t. Fact is, Brentford have been a damn good side for a number of years, and absolutely deserve it. Who knows, might even kick us on!

Sunderland I’m in the still liking LJ camp. Realise not everyone likes him but I do think he genuinely had an affection for the club and still does. Even with the backing, it was always going to be difficult for him in the eyes of some with replacing Cotts and the nepotism accusation, but I’d rather two old boys and good servants in LJ and JM got their day in the sun as opposed to people with no connection with the club

Forest Green Basically because it puts Rovers all the further down the West Country pecking order.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Bournemouth - for the same combination of self interest and jealousy as others

Sunderland - nice to see LJ again next season

FGR - to leapfrog the gas. 

Nice for you maybe! I hope they/he get stuffed. A personal preference of course!

Not really fussed about who gets promoted out of the Championship although as Brentford haven't been in the top flight and they have a new stadium with which to welcome their fans into......go Bees!

From L1, Oxford - with Matty Taylor to score in the final against Sunderland and deny LJ!

From L2, FGR - so they can laugh at the Sags below them!

22 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I don't really care to be honest as I doubt any of the top Championship teams will be of concern to us next season. 

Like others, I have to be honest in saying that should Brentford or Barnsley get promoted it will be yet another club that we've seen a lot of in the lower leagues over the years, leapfrog us to the Premier League. I don't like being a sore loser or jealous in any walk of life, but there it is, can't be denied on this occasion. 

On a more positive note I'm backing FGR for all the obvious reasons.

Torquay too, just purely out of affection for GJ.

So maybe I do care, just a little bit anyway.?

Sounds like you may

I'm backing Brentford because I think they deserve it. They always remind me of ourselves for some reason.

Lincoln because ever since I was a kid I had a soft spot for them and liked Lincoln biscuits !!

Forest Green because I think of them as local and have a strange affection towards them. Wouldn't eat one of their half time lettuce & carrot pies though.

20 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Not really fussed about who gets promoted out of the Championship although as Brentford haven't been in the top flight and they have a new stadium with which to welcome their fans into......go Bees!

From L1, Oxford - with Matty Taylor to score in the final against Sunderland and deny LJ!

From L2, FGR - so they can laugh at the Sags below them!

Oooooooohhh

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm backing Brentford because I think they deserve it. They always remind me of ourselves for some reason.

Lincoln because ever since I was a kid I had a soft spot for them and liked Lincoln biscuits !!

Forest Green because I think of them as local and have a strange affection towards them. Wouldn't eat one of their half time lettuce & carrot pies though.

Blimey, I wish they reminded me of us. 

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nice for you maybe! I hope they/he get stuffed. A personal preference of course!

Sorry, I just don’t get the dislike/ hatred of him. Always did his best for us, seemed to have a genuine love for the club, took us to a level we’d not achieved consistently for years. Happy to see him back and will give him a round of applause if he is. Personal opinion of course!

Archived