IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

45 mins of my life I won't get back. Barnsley due a rocket at HT methinks.

It's like playing against a big battering ram. More effective than us (obs) but about as pleasant a watch. The Swans look like they're just trying to get through unscaved.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

If, by some miracle, Barnsley get promoted, they'll get smashed every week.

They are sooo one dimensional.

Hoof ball shite.

I hope they get put on their arse by Swansea.

They look like the type of side that could go straight into a relegation battle next season, and that's if they don't get promoted..

I was watching thinking how entertaining a game it was..... then realised actually hardly anything has happened and neither team have put 5 passes together. It’s completely the fans... football is just so sterile without them and hated watching most of the season... but give me a crap play off semi final with some fans there and I’m glued to it! 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

If, by some miracle, Barnsley get promoted, they'll get smashed every week.

They are sooo one dimensional.

Hoof ball shite.

I hope they get put on their arse by Swansea.

I've only seen them against Chelsea before tonight and when I saw them go on the run that they did to get in the play offs, I was willing them to go up.
But if tonight is indicative of the way they play then maybe not, it was frantic but completely bereft of quality. I don't mind teams that mix it up, I actually quite like Burnley, but that was % stuff without even maximising the %s.

As an aside, I have been a bit dismayed by the quality of the Championship from the bits I've seen this year. Idk why it is but it seems much worse than recent years, possibly backed up by the fact the top 6 wasn't close in the end and the 3 relegated teams could end up all going back up fairly easily. Really would feel like an opportunity missed if I was any of the rest of the league

5 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

I've only seen them against Chelsea before tonight and when I saw them go on the run that they did to get in the play offs, I was willing them to go up.
But if tonight is indicative of the way they play then maybe not, it was frantic but completely bereft of quality. I don't mind teams that mix it up, I actually quite like Burnley, but that was % stuff without even maximising the %s.

As an aside, I have been a bit dismayed by the quality of the Championship from the bits I've seen this year. Idk why it is but it seems much worse than recent years, possibly backed up by the fact the top 6 wasn't close in the end and the 3 relegated teams could end up all going back up fairly easily. Really would feel like an opportunity missed if I was any of the rest of the league

God knows how Barnsley got into the top 6.

Your last paragraph is spot on, the Championship this season wasn't good and I think its the first time that two demoted sides went straight back up with the third in the playoffs.

Swansea are a better team than tonight and it was like an enthusiastic lower league team at home against a big team in the cup. I hope Swansea hammer them in the second leg, I'd hate to see Barnsley be rewarded for the sort of shite they play. They should drop like a stone next season.

18 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Probably due to the fact that many city supporters now have never seen watched us in the top flight. Does it also have ab impact on how players perceive us too? 

Bradford have been there since it was re-named, does that make them a more attractive prospect than us? No. It has no bearing at all, only future potential does

I speak as someone who has never watched us in the top flight, but I don't re-write history by suggesting we never have

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Bradford have been there since it was re-named, does that make them a more attractive prospect than us? No. It has no bearing at all, only future potential does

I speak as someone who has never watched us in the top flight, but I don't re-write history by suggesting we never have

Bradford are in the fourth tier we are in the second and my original post was regarding the second tier so you are missing my point. Future potential is all well and good when you dont reach it. what is our potential if you don't mind me asking?

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Loving the social distancing at Newport. Everyone on the terrace standing all on their own ?

I bet they`ve painted Xs on the floor telling folk where to stand - there`s no way that`s natural.

I was trying to think what it reminded me of and then it came to me - a crowd at the mem pre-covid.

Just watched highlights from the past 2 days of games. From what I saw Bournemouth looked really sharp which doesn't entirely match the comments here but still their players appeared to have great movement and I enjoyed the quick break for their goal, on that showing they could be hard to contain in the 2nd leg in order to overturn the tie. Fantastic goal by the Newport man tonight and not impressed with the Oxford defending on any of the goals.

17 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bradford are in the fourth tier we are in the second and my original post was regarding the second tier so you are missing my point. Future potential is all well and good when you dont reach it. what is our potential if you don't mind me asking?

You said does not having been in the Premier League before as opposed to just "the first division" before it was formed have more appeal to a player? Unless I misunderstood. Obviously if you meant getting back to the Prem is an attraction then of course, that's what I want us to achieve. Maybe it's just being pedantic but I dont see the Premier League as a different league to the old First Division so I dont understand when fans say we havent been there.

Hard to say our potential. We're a huge City with a great appeal to many. We have a wealthy owner with a passion for the club and the City to do well. We have fantastic facilities off the pitch and now we have a manager with pedigree who has "been there and done it" by winning this league. I agree potential means nothing if you don't reach it

As a player, you'd be looking for a club that has all the right things in place and the determination to win promotion. If we're talking about our league, we should be a bigger appeal based on our setup than say Birmingham or Huddersfield at the moment. Of course recent history and performances will affect appeal.

If we can put together a squad of players who want to work hard and buy in to Pearson's strategy, and assuming Pearson knows the "winning formula" to get out of this league, then we have a good chance of making the playoffs and pushing for promotion under him. That might not be next season but within 3 years I'd expect to have appeared in the playoffs. All going well

Archived