IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

Looking at all the playoff games from the 2 leagues below us, in terms of the standout players, I’d say as follows :

GK. best keeper performance for me was the loanee Bursik, in the 1st leg for Lincoln. He was in on emergency loan and was brilliant. I don’t think any of the others stood out and actually were all quite poor to be honest  

LB. I thought Ridehalgh for Tranmere was a good attacking threat, but probably Garbutt for Lincoln was the best left back performance. 

RB. I’d probably say Cooney at Morecambe was the best right back on show across all 4 games. Solid defensive performances in both legs. 

CB. Plenty of good CB’s on show. Ballard at Blackpool probably the standout, but I thought Moore at Oxford did well, and also Godwin-Malife for FGR. O’Nien played well too, in a different position in both games. I prefer him as a RB if anything. 

CM. Josh Sheehan for Newport was excellent I thought. Amazed he’s playing in L2.

Wings/AM’s. Morgan Rogers at Lincoln was impressive. I thought Odin Bailey coming on for FGR tonight was good too. Mendes-Gomes at Morecambe showed a couple of moments of potential.

ST. Yates & Simms at Blackpool were both very good in different ways. I thought Aaron Collins at FGR gave the opposition a tough time too. 

I guess (without wanting to give LJ any slack, that’s for the other thread) that Sunderland probably have fewer players on show who I’d want to look at any further. Only O’Nien - after that, I think man-for-man their squad is poor. Blackpool looked the best team for me overall, with the most players you’d think could really make a difference - Ballard & Garbutt solid at the back, Yates & Simms quite dynamic up top, even Dougall in the middle of the park for them was decent. 

If I was too look at these playoffs from a recruitment standpoint, I’d want to keep an eye on Ballard at CB, Cooney at RB, Rogers on the wing, Sheehan in CM and both Yates & Simms up front. 

Saw Odin Bailey for Brum u23s pre-season and he looked lively.

I watched quite a few of the games, or bits and pieces of them at least.

Not saying they are prospective City players, but on top of your list @Harry I liked.

- Levelle for Morecambe - good organiser (him and Cooney on right side of defence were solid)

- Williams for Barnsley - came on and Brittain went left

- Eyoma for Lincoln - strong CB (not Champ level)

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Wings/AM’s. Morgan Rogers at Lincoln was impressive. I thought Odin Bailey coming on for FGR tonight was good too. Mendes-Gomes at Morecambe showed a couple of moments of potential.

Morgan Rogers is 18 and  is on loan from Man.City - he won't be going anywhere anytime soon I would think.

Brennan Johnson, 19, for Lincoln also looked good - on loan from Forest.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Morgan Rogers is 18 and  is on loan from Man.City - he won't be going anywhere anytime soon I would think.

Brennan Johnson, 19, for Lincoln also looked good - on loan from Forest.

Rogers - Was thinking more as a potential loanee

Johnson will not be loaned out by Forest again next season. So of those 2, Rogers is the more likely to be made available for loan next season. It’s why i didn’t mention Johnson. 

23 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You do realise the implications of this don`t you?

There will be no more FFS moments from us City fans that look at the Sky vidiprinter without putting our specs on first.

Correct. Two seasons back I feared the worst; City were playing QPR and when I turned on the TV, Queens Park 3 - Brechin 0.

There was a Brechin supporter who occasionally posted on here as like them we are BCFC with red & white as our colours.

On 23/05/2021 at 17:44, 22A said:

Looking North of the border; Kelty Hearts won the Lowland League, so played Brora, winners of the Highland league H & A. They won that so have now played Brechin, bottom of Scots league 2, H&A. They won both games and now replace Brechin in the Scottish league.

Needless to say, Kelty's manager has now been snapped up by another club - Alloa.

On 17/05/2021 at 14:56, maxjak said:

So looking at your charts Davefevs  .............it's a Brentford v Barnsley final?   My treble on Betfair is Brentford - Blackpool and Morecambe...............though my heart really wants Vegan Pioneers FGR to win through?

Two down..................just need Morecambe for £400.00.  Though i will probably chicken out and cash out the bet at £240.     As after 8 games my luck is due to run out?      

Archived