IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It appears my punishment for watching football all day, is watching Eurovision all night.

I may not have agreed if it was laid out like that earlier .

?

I'll get my own back tomorrow 

I forgot he was there, didn't we go in for him when he was at Chesterfield ?

47 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You don’t know the half of it mate... just made the wife and I a pick and mix out of these!

image.jpg

Assume you didn’t purchase those at the cinema?  If you did you may have more money than SL.

Why are sweets and choc so dear.  I’d buy it there if it was sensibly priced….but resort to smuggling it in in Joe’s wheelchair bag.  Had no idea Joe’s wheelchair had a bag of tools in a Velcro pouch under the seat until we put him through an airport scanner. ?

Was happy to see Brentford win- very well run club, entertaining football- they deserve a crack at the top flight IMO. Also gives some hope to the rest of us that it isn't an entirely closed shop.

Less so to see Swansea win, same old faces up and down isn't great. Hope Brentford win the final, the 2nd leg in general was entertaining for sure.

5 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Bring in Mowatt and we would literally have Wigan’s Cm of 2 years ago with Williams. Decent pair though.

Now Barnsley haven’t gone up, I hope we try and sign Brittain for RB.

as far as play offs go, at least one of Brentford or Swansea will stay down and will be stripped of their best players.

In theory, Brentford from an FFP perspective don't need to be- in practice, you're likely correct- selling their best seems to be part of their MO.

I find the play offs so much more intense and exciting than the prem games we usually have to endure on TV.

That rugby tackle on Ivan T by the Bournemouth goalie - I thought that was going to be a red card, definitely not a yellow card for both players.

Said it at The time, LJ taking that job was ******* stupid and his ego getting the better of him. The expectations at those clubs are too big for someone like him. They’ll eat him alive if they aren’t top 2 from the start of the season onwards 

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Is it because they are taking into account the relative attendances for each club ?

Can't think of another reason.

It would be illogical as the Championship play off finals usually have around 80k in attendance.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Is it because they are taking into account the relative attendances for each club ?

Can't think of another reason.

It would be illogical as the Championship play off finals usually have around 80k in attendance.

No it’s because the FA Cup was a pilot event whereas the play off final isn’t so it’s limited to the capacity rules, play off finals should just have been made more pilot events 

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

No it’s because the FA Cup was a pilot event whereas the play off final isn’t so it’s limited to the capacity rules, play off finals should just have been made more pilot events 

Are they saying the pilot didn’t work then?

For those who are interested it was my first visit to the new stadium and what a great experience it was.First the stadium I was seated in the what will be the away end and the view along with the spacious seats is excellent and the acoustics are very flattering as you maybe heard on tv with just 4000 in there.I would add I’m not comparing it with your superb stadium but the old Griffin Park the only down side is there isn’t the many pubs as there was at the old ground that is only a 15 minute stroll away.The game was a typical one for Bees fans we lose our best player in the warm up and then give away a goal that you would see most likely in a kids game.Thought we more than deserved our win although the penalty decision was debatable.Bournmouth lost through bad management by Woodgate as they have some quality but chose to play a game of spoiling with the main objective to get Toney sent off and run the clock down with Begovic the main villain and blatantly cheating but it all made for great occasion.Whether we can go one better who knows and although I’ll get a ticket for the final it’s a pity only 4000 fans of each club will be there.

9 minutes ago, Bill the Bee said:

For those who are interested it was my first visit to the new stadium and what a great experience it was.First the stadium I was seated in the what will be the away end and the view along with the spacious seats is excellent and the acoustics are very flattering as you maybe heard on tv with just 4000 in there.I would add I’m not comparing it with your superb stadium but the old Griffin Park the only down side is there isn’t the many pubs as there was at the old ground that is only a 15 minute stroll away.The game was a typical one for Bees fans we lose our best player in the warm up and then give away a goal that you would see most likely in a kids game.Thought we more than deserved our win although the penalty decision was debatable.Bournmouth lost through bad management by Woodgate as they have some quality but chose to play a game of spoiling with the main objective to get Toney sent off and run the clock down with Begovic the main villain and blatantly cheating but it all made for great occasion.Whether we can go one better who knows and although I’ll get a ticket for the final it’s a pity only 4000 fans of each club will be there.

Nice one.

You've been knocking on the door, about time someone opened it.

best of luck.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Assume you didn’t purchase those at the cinema?  If you did you may have more money than SL.

Why are sweets and choc so dear.  I’d buy it there if it was sensibly priced….but resort to smuggling it in in Joe’s wheelchair bag.  Had no idea Joe’s wheelchair had a bag of tools in a Velcro pouch under the seat until we put him through an airport scanner. ?

Do u really smuggle them in?   I'm Blatantly obvious, as I carry in my snacks and drinks from elsewhere, especially as I can buy 3/4 packs of sweets at the Co-Op for the same as one pack at the Cinema.  Never been challenged, but if i was i know exactly what i'd say  Ha!.   PS Cinema Popcorn is more expensive than 24 carat gold weight for weight  PPS I just made that up! , but i bet it's close?  ? ?

15 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Do u really smuggle them in?   I'm Blatantly obvious, as I carry in my snacks and drinks from elsewhere, especially as I can buy 3/4 packs of sweets at the Co-Op for the same as one pack at the Cinema.  Never been challenged, but if i was i know exactly what i'd say  Ha!.   PS Cinema Popcorn is more expensive than 24 carat gold weight for weight  PPS I just made that up! , but i bet it's close?  ? ?

To be fair we usually go to Vue (pre-Covid), which has an open “you can bring your own food and drink” policy.

2 hours ago, Bill the Bee said:

Well done on yesterday. Although I was hoping to see City play in your new stadium next season,  good luck in the final.  

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Do u really smuggle them in?

Must admit, if me and the Mrs are having snack, we will take them from elsewhere. It is so expensive. The one we may not, and it makes no sense as they're as dear as anyone, is everyman. Don't mind a beer when we go there

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

I used to work in cinema and as long as the food doesn’t stink we didn’t care. That was really the only rule. I remember some people brought an Indian takeaway in before we stopped them, watching them try eat it before going into the cinema room was quite funny 

Watching the Morecambe / Tranmere game, Cooney especially @Harry.

He’s steady, gets his body in reasonable shape, deliberate in his passing (in a good way) and I think works well with Sam Levelle (RCB) who looks like a good, solid organiser.  Cooney has had a good game and got a bit of edge too.

On one viewing, I’m not convinced he’s Championship quality though….if Morecambe go up, it would be interesting see him at next level up.  As for Levelle, impressed too, but not Champ level either imho.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Watching the Morecambe / Tranmere game, Cooney especially @Harry.

He’s steady, gets his body in reasonable shape, deliberate in his passing (in a good way) and I think works well with Sam Levelle (RCB) who looks like a good, solid organiser.  Cooney has had a good game and got a bit of edge too.

On one viewing, I’m not convinced he’s Championship quality though….if Morecambe go up, it would be interesting see him at next level up.  As for Levelle, impressed too, but not Champ level either imho.

Yeah agreed Dave. Just caught up with the game now. 
I still found it laughable that Gabbidon was still saying he’d struggled in the first leg, when he actually had a better game last week than he did this afternoon. 
As you say, he’s very solid defensively, but I think lacks something going forward. 
If you’re after a solid right back, he looks like a good prospect. But if you’re after a right back who can get forward and ping crosses in too, he’s probably not quite there yet. 

Looking North of the border; Kelty Hearts won the Lowland League, so played Brora, winners of the Highland league H & A. They won that so have now played Brechin, bottom of Scots league 2, H&A. They won both games and now replace Brechin in the Scottish league.

Dundee are trying to get promoted to the SPL and have to paly H&A with Kilmarnock (bottom of the SPL). Dundee won the hole leg 2-1 with Liam Fontaine putting in a good performance for them as they won 2-1. The 2nd leg is Monday night.

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking North of the border; Kelty Hearts won the Lowland League, so played Brora, winners of the Highland league H & A. They won that so have now played Brechin, bottom of Scots league 2, H&A. They won both games and now replace Brechin in the Scottish league.

Dundee are trying to get promoted to the SPL and have to paly H&A with Kilmarnock (bottom of the SPL). Dundee won the hole leg 2-1 with Liam Fontaine putting in a good performance for them as they won 2-1. The 2nd leg is Monday night.

You do realise the implications of this don`t you?

There will be no more FFS moments from us City fans that look at the Sky vidiprinter without putting our specs on first.

Archived