Jump to content
IGNORED

Playoffs


BigTone
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

45 mins of my life I won't get back. Barnsley due a rocket at HT methinks.

It's like playing against a big battering ram. More effective than us (obs) but about as pleasant a watch. The Swans look like they're just trying to get through unscaved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

If, by some miracle, Barnsley get promoted, they'll get smashed every week.

They are sooo one dimensional.

Hoof ball shite.

I hope they get put on their arse by Swansea.

They look like the type of side that could go straight into a relegation battle next season, and that's if they don't get promoted..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was watching thinking how entertaining a game it was..... then realised actually hardly anything has happened and neither team have put 5 passes together. It’s completely the fans... football is just so sterile without them and hated watching most of the season... but give me a crap play off semi final with some fans there and I’m glued to it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

If, by some miracle, Barnsley get promoted, they'll get smashed every week.

They are sooo one dimensional.

Hoof ball shite.

I hope they get put on their arse by Swansea.

I've only seen them against Chelsea before tonight and when I saw them go on the run that they did to get in the play offs, I was willing them to go up.
But if tonight is indicative of the way they play then maybe not, it was frantic but completely bereft of quality. I don't mind teams that mix it up, I actually quite like Burnley, but that was % stuff without even maximising the %s.

As an aside, I have been a bit dismayed by the quality of the Championship from the bits I've seen this year. Idk why it is but it seems much worse than recent years, possibly backed up by the fact the top 6 wasn't close in the end and the 3 relegated teams could end up all going back up fairly easily. Really would feel like an opportunity missed if I was any of the rest of the league

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

I've only seen them against Chelsea before tonight and when I saw them go on the run that they did to get in the play offs, I was willing them to go up.
But if tonight is indicative of the way they play then maybe not, it was frantic but completely bereft of quality. I don't mind teams that mix it up, I actually quite like Burnley, but that was % stuff without even maximising the %s.

As an aside, I have been a bit dismayed by the quality of the Championship from the bits I've seen this year. Idk why it is but it seems much worse than recent years, possibly backed up by the fact the top 6 wasn't close in the end and the 3 relegated teams could end up all going back up fairly easily. Really would feel like an opportunity missed if I was any of the rest of the league

God knows how Barnsley got into the top 6.

Your last paragraph is spot on, the Championship this season wasn't good and I think its the first time that two demoted sides went straight back up with the third in the playoffs.

Swansea are a better team than tonight and it was like an enthusiastic lower league team at home against a big team in the cup. I hope Swansea hammer them in the second leg, I'd hate to see Barnsley be rewarded for the sort of shite they play. They should drop like a stone next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Probably due to the fact that many city supporters now have never seen watched us in the top flight. Does it also have ab impact on how players perceive us too? 

Bradford have been there since it was re-named, does that make them a more attractive prospect than us? No. It has no bearing at all, only future potential does

I speak as someone who has never watched us in the top flight, but I don't re-write history by suggesting we never have

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Bradford have been there since it was re-named, does that make them a more attractive prospect than us? No. It has no bearing at all, only future potential does

I speak as someone who has never watched us in the top flight, but I don't re-write history by suggesting we never have

Bradford are in the fourth tier we are in the second and my original post was regarding the second tier so you are missing my point. Future potential is all well and good when you dont reach it. what is our potential if you don't mind me asking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not surprising Snakey got subbed, he hadn`t had a kick. The Blackpool defence did a real job on him.

Yeah the Blackpool defence dealt with Taylor comfortably all game.

Up the other end Oxford centre backs really struggled against Simms and Yates.

Blackpool much more aggressive all over the pitch. Oxford been on an amazing run and wasn't expecting that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Loving the social distancing at Newport. Everyone on the terrace standing all on their own 😂

I bet they`ve painted Xs on the floor telling folk where to stand - there`s no way that`s natural.

I was trying to think what it reminded me of and then it came to me - a crowd at the mem pre-covid.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...