IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

25 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Tranmere 1 Morecombe 1 . 25 minutes gone . Cracking game with some really good football being played. Proper game and with a crowd 

2-1 Morecambe right on HT. It`s great to see two sides really going for it in dreadful conditions - takes me back to the eighties!

That Morecambe keeper`s a big, ugly unit though isn`t he? I`d think twice about going for a 50/50 with him!

I thought the stand out player for Morecambe was the right back Ryan Cooney. 
If you listened to the useless commentator Gabbidon, you’d have thought he got toasted every time but in actual fact he got beaten once in the first half by the quick winger and after that he made sure he nullified him, and I counted 11 tackles, 4 interception, 3 blocked crosses and one goal saving clearance. 

Gabbidon kept saying he was having a torrid time as lots of crosses kept coming from that side, but all bar one of them was from the Tranmere full back, not winger, whom Cooney had regularly tracked inside and it was his mates who kept giving too much space for the crosses. 

Cooney was someone I’d not watched before but I’d heard a bit about him so I was keen to watch him closely (hence counting his contributions). He’s 21, on loan from Burnley, who picked him up when Bury went bust a couple of years back. As far as I can tell he’s out of contract this summer. 

I thought he was by far the stand out player and defended superbly. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought the stand out player for Morecambe was the right back Ryan Cooney. 
If you listened to the useless commentator Gabbidon, you’d have thought he got toasted every time but in actual fact he got beaten once in the first half by the quick winger and after that he made sure he nullified him, and I counted 11 tackles, 4 interception, 3 blocked crosses and one goal saving clearance. 

Gabbidon kept saying he was having a torrid time as lots of crosses kept coming from that side, but all bar one of them was from the Tranmere full back, not winger, whom Cooney had regularly tracked inside and it was his mates who kept giving too much space for the crosses. 

Cooney was someone I’d not watched before but I’d heard a bit about him so I was keen to watch him closely (hence counting his contributions). He’s 21, on loan from Burnley, who picked him up when Bury went bust a couple of years back. As far as I can tell he’s out of contract this summer. 

I thought he was by far the stand out player and defended superbly. 

Sent you Cooney’s charts on WhatsApp.

He stacks up very well in most areas.

48260D6C-50C7-4559-92DF-6D794D7BD882.thumb.jpeg.9082938910ee6b63dca90049bd6f16a6.jpeg

EAF9E217-28F3-4D6F-BEDE-E35F516DC6FF.jpeg.bc0d8114d495399b9697cd538f8a60c1.jpeg

Kieran Trippier mk2?

The playoffs are the first time I have seen Yates and hasn’t shown too much in either leg so far in my view. As Matty Taylor proves with 18 goals this season, the championship is a big step up and if you’re playing in a team like ours you can’t just rely on mistakes, you need to be able to create your own goals. Yates will probably score a hat-trick now. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yates had a very good half. He's got pace but is also very very strong. Would be a threat at championship level I reckon. One moment of real quality when he controlled a high ball beautifully when running forwards at pace. 

I imagine he's a Nigel Pearson type striker. He's playing alongside Simms but I think he could be just as good on his own. He has played on his own a number of times this season I think.

Ballard good too.  I’ve had it on mute, has he gone off because Snakey gouged his eye off?

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure why, didn't hear the commentator say anything about why he was subbed. Yeah to me Ballard looks like he has lots of potential

Out of contract at Arsenal, 5 N.Ireland caps.  Mark’s tight, gets heads and body in first.  At 21, good future imho.  Would be making a polite enquiry.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is Yates one of the many players that we’re so say interested in?

Bloody hope so, I’ve done charts for him ???

Archived