IGNORED

Playoffs

BigTone

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No, but the new rule says there doesn't have to be intent.

Rule's wrong. Ref's right !

That sums it up. The rules are a garbled mess because deciding whether your arms are in an unnatural position was always clearly a way of judging whether there was any intent.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep.

First time we saw him was Barnsley (a) when they were hacking down Massengo in 19/20.

Wow i thought from that video he would be good. Calm, explained decisions well. Like you say A league is a different level all together

Just now, YGBjammy said:

Christ I could not cope with being a Brentford fan. If they don't make it through this then I'm not sure what next season holds for them. I think that squad might get picked apart.

Hopefully us giving them an overdue hiding!

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

The rule now is that if your hand or arm is above shoulder height and the ball strikes it - it's a pen. Even if it's unintentional, or not deliberate.

Clearly written by people who don’t understand the mechanics of human movement. We all raise our arms above shoulder height when we jump.

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

Whilst I've got no particular liking for Bournemouth, I'd be quite happy to see the Brentford bubble burst today. 

Same thoughts as me utter sick and tried of the the Brentford, Ivan Toney show

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Was just about to post the same. Ref needs to threaten him with a second yellow. He won't, obviously.

Wonder how long the second half will be?

Best ask Thomas Frank, as he seems to be the ref now.

Never seen a first half with 6 minutes added without any injury hold up before, ref has basically lost control.

16 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

What was Begovic even trying to do there!?

I’ve actually never understood why the scoring team insist on their right to grab the ball out of the net, when the conceding team need it to take the restart.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wonder how long the second half will be?

Best ask Thomas Frank, as he seems to be the ref now.

Never seen a first half with 6 minutes added without any injury hold up before, ref has basically lost control.

There was an injury to Brooks(?) early doors which was probably about two minutes - the one where Brentford didn`t put it out for the physio to come on.

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’ve actually never understood why the scoring team insist on their right to grab the ball out of the net, when the conceding team need it to take the restart.

That time though it wasn’t out the net, the ball essentially came back to Toney’s feet he picked it up and started running towards the half way line, literally no reason for Begovic to do anything other than what he did to get Toney booked knowing the ref unlikely has the balls to give him a second yellow for time wasting it will just be loads of whistle blowing and waving to hurry up 

Archived